Page 986 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 4868869369769849859869879889961036108614861986 ... LastLast
Results 24,626 to 24,650 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

D, has their been any progress with regards to your hands? Any idea of what exactly is wrong, and how to go about treating it?
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    D, has their been any progress with regards to your hands? Any idea of what exactly is wrong, and how to go about treating it?
    No. I still think it's carpal tunnel, so we are going to pursue this and see what we can do.

Good luck, EWO.

I have to replace the front bumper cover on the Colorado. If I do it myself, it will cost me around 150 or so. If I take it to the shop, it'll be 350. So, I'd save 200 bucks doing it myself. Only problem is, its fucking January. I'm thinking I might buy the tool I need to remove the push pins and see how it goes.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Thanks, everyone. Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to not having to work for at least two weeks after the surgery? The doctor said the recovery time is usually two weeks to a month before I can go back to light duty at work.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    Thanks, everyone. Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to not having to work for at least two weeks after the surgery? The doctor said the recovery time is usually two weeks to a month before I can go back to light duty at work.

No, not at all. You've been stressed out - a break will be good for you.

But please, PLEASE listen to my advice. Do the exercises they want you to do, even if they feel totally pointless.

Not only will you recover faster, but you'll save yourself from stiffness or subsequent injuries.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

That's not bad. It's just finding the silver lining!
    ...and the milk's in me.

Hope everything goes well for you, EWO.

I just had to get a bat out my house. A bit more harrowing than I would have expected.

Quote Quoting Glass Co. (view post)
    I just had to get a bat out my house. A bit more harrowing than I would have expected.
    I have been misreading things all day today and yesterday. Maybe it's because we were talking about EWO's surgery, but I read "my house" as "my nose." And I expected that to be plenty fucking harrowing.

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    No, not at all. I'm scared to death of medical shit (and I'm also uninsured), but there have been numerous times where I've almost wished for a medical thing that would force me out of work so I could spend two weeks just... watching and playing and reading shit and not doing anything.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    No, not at all. I'm scared to death of medical shit (and I'm also uninsured), but there have been numerous times where I've almost wished for a medical thing that would force me out of work so I could spend two weeks just... watching and playing and reading shit and not doing anything.
    As someone that had surgery, you do not want. You basically just sleep it off, remain bored, and get terrified at all the mail you start getting from the hospital saying it's not an invoice.

THEN YOU GET THE INVOICE... Insurance or not... Yikes.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Best of luck to yah, EWO.

This is one of the worst snowstorms I've ever seen in my short time on this earth. Still I believe the worst I ever lived through was back in 1997, which took out tree branches and left the whole town a mess. Power lines were down, for one thing.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting Benny Profane (view post)
    Just took a call from a guy named Dick Blood.
    I just got an e-mail from Rich Shaft. He wants me to redesign the logo for Stiffy.com.

The funny part is - it wasn't spam. My cousin in Miami gave him my address.

With all that protesting it looks like Egypt has changed continents!
    Now reading: The Master Switch by Tim Wu

Whoa... is that real?
    ...and the milk's in me.

For real, I'm freaking out. I thought we were at war with Eastasia.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Not the first time. That happens way too often with Fox News. I'm starting to think it's intentional.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Interesting question just came up. Is it possible to have a person's name be a dealbreaker in a romantic relationship? Like, I just can't date a girl named Heaven. I can't date a boy named Pickford.

Or would a name be a dealbreaker in a business relationship? I'm not letting a man named Scooter invest my money. No way.
    ...and the milk's in me.

For instance, I don't think I could ever date a man with the same name as one of my brothers. It's just too strange.

But my mom married a man with the same name as her brother.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Not the first time. That happens way too often with Fox News. I'm starting to think it's intentional.
    We should start leveling off those pyramids and drill baby drill!
    Now reading: The Master Switch by Tim Wu

Off course it is.

I'm never going to move up North. I will seriously riot if this happens in the US.

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Interesting question just came up. Is it possible to have a person's name be a dealbreaker in a romantic relationship? Like, I just can't date a girl named Heaven. I can't date a boy named Pickford.

Or would a name be a dealbreaker in a business relationship? I'm not letting a man named Scooter invest my money. No way.
    In all cases it would just depend on me getting to know the person, but I gotta say, I'd be very hesitant to start a business relationship with someone named Scooter or Bubba.

I don't want to date anyone with two first names, like Lori-Sue or Elizabeth-Anne.
    Movie Theater Diary

I don't want to date anyone with two first names, like Lori-Sue or Elizabeth-Anne.
    I don't have a thing against that, but I dislike two-part names where both are nicknames. It's so trashy.

Lizzie Jo
    Bobby Dan
    Billy Bob

etc.
    ...and the milk's in me.