Page 931 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 431831881921929930931932933941981103114311931 ... LastLast
Results 23,251 to 23,275 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Howard Stern signs another 5 year deal with Sirius. <3!
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

The Washington Post finally reviewed the Candide I saw last week. I liked it better than the reviewer. In fact, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it, and it's one of those productions that gets better in retrospect. I really wish I could see it again to solidify my opinion, but I'm too broke this month.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Seen just now in the edit I'm working on: "Poncho Villa."

I giggled like a little bitch. Probably more than was necessary.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

No sign of E. G. R. Mouse, but Bianca Mouse looks like hell. She's shaking and burying her face in her hands. It could just be her extreme age, or maybe E. G. R. Mouse got her sick (or pregnant) but in any way, I'm concerned. She looks unhappy and like she's suffering.
    ...and the milk's in me.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    No sign of E. G. R. Mouse, but Bianca Mouse looks like hell. She's shaking and burying her face in her hands. It could just be her extreme age, or maybe E. G. R. Mouse got her sick (or pregnant) but in any way, I'm concerned. She looks unhappy and like she's suffering.
    Gee, I dunno, maybe she's stricken with grief because her kindly caretaker WANTS TO KILL THE LOVER OF HER LIFE?

Really, Mara, how can you be so heartless?

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Gee, I dunno, maybe she's stricken with grief because her kindly caretaker WANTS TO KILL THE LOVER OF HER LIFE?

Really, Mara, how can you be so heartless?
    I'm the witch in Rapunzel. But the sassy, fabulous, Bernadette Peters version.
    ...and the milk's in me.

You'd look like you were suffering too if you got pregnant at the age of three.

Blanket for my friends' new baby.

I had a terrible time photographing it-- the flash washed it out completely, so I had to turn it off.

But you get the idea.

The hearts really don't want to show up in photos, either. THERE ARE HEARTS.

...and the milk's in me.

Went to Brooklyn for the first time today.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Went to Brooklyn for the first time today.
    Williamsburg?
    letterboxd.

A Star is Born (2018) **1/2
    Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    The Sisters Brothers (2018) **
    Crazy Rich Asians (2018) ***
    The Informant! (2009) ***1/2
    BlacKkKlansman (2018) ***1/2
    Sorry to Bother You (2018) **1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***
    Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018) ***
    Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018) **1/2

Quote Quoting DavidSeven (view post)
    Unless meg is posting from jail, I'm assuming his guide had the good sense to skip that area.

The other day I received my admissions letter to a graduate school program I had applied to. Can't even describe how this turns my life around. Do you have any idea how satisfying it is to see the light at the end of a dark abyss which is the job you hate?

Quote Quoting Lucky (view post)
    The other day I received my admissions letter to a graduate school program I had applied to. Can't even describe how this turns my life around. Do you have any idea how satisfying it is to see the light at the end of a dark abyss which is the job you hate?
    Well congratulations. You should consider yourself a Lucky man.

Woot.

I just convinced my manager that we, as a department, need to go out to breakfast for a "planning meeting" this morning. Because our business will be better discussed over bacon.
    ...and the milk's in me.

That's not an eerie image. That's just Bruce.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I feel selfish that I hate when one of my friends gets a girlfriend. Part of it is that I have some somewhat repressed feelings for him, and it bothers me on that level. But I can live with that, him being happy is good. I just hate that, we talk every day and then when he meets a girl he likes, he pretty much drops off the face of the earth and I'm lucky to catch a word in every few days if I'm even lucky. I let it bother me way more than it should, but meh... just feel like ranting a bit.
    Follow me on Twitter

I really can't stand friends of either sex who disappear when they have a significant other. Your frustration is understandable.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Conversely, I hate friends who become intensely needy after a break-up and suddenly want to hang out every single day. I'm willing to coddle to a point, but I don't have any interest in being your new permanent, platonic plus-one.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I really can't stand friends of either sex who disappear when they have a significant other. Your frustration is understandable.
    It generally bothers me. I'd much rather have them hanging around making annoying kissy-faces. I don't have a lot of close-friends, so when I "lose" one even though it's almost always temporary, I always feel somewhat abandoned. I know it's not the case, but it hurts me still.
    Follow me on Twitter

Conversely, I hate friends who become intensely needy after a break-up and suddenly want to hang out every single day. I'm willing to coddle to a point, but I don't have any interest in being your new permanent, platonic plus-one.
    This only bothers me when it's the kind of person who is also the type who drops everything. There is usually a time limit on most needy post-break-upers but I can usually be understanding for quite a while.
    Follow me on Twitter

I give friends a time period of half the amount of time of the full relationship to be completely over the break-up.

Together for six weeks? You have three until I don't want her name to bring you to tears anymore. Married for twenty years? You have a whole decade to recover!
    ...and the milk's in me.

I give friends a time period of half the amount of time of the full relationship to be completely over the break-up.

Together for six weeks? You have three until I don't want her name to bring you to tears anymore. Married for twenty years? You have a whole decade to recover!
    This seems like a very fair system.
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Quoting Philosophe_rouge (view post)
    This seems like a very fair system.
    Very fair in fact. Unless there was abuse (mental or physical) in that relationship. Mental abuse can be subjective, but it still applies.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter