Page 844 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 34474479483484284384484584685489494413441844 ... LastLast
Results 21,076 to 21,100 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

4) Overly fastidious about his appearance and the home
    Natural men have a certain amount of grit about them. They sweat and they smell. Homosexuals often abhor this sort of thing and will also be incredibly particular about the cleanliness of the home. Does your man tweeze his eyebrows, trim his pubic hairs or use face moisturizers? Is he picky about brand name shampoos? Does he spend more time getting ready for a night out than you do?
    OMG. I think I'm gay.

If there is a sudden interest in ...lubricants, role-play, sex toys or other non-traditional intercourse methods, this is clearly an indication of deep emotional abnormalities.
    Uh oh. Yep. I'm gay. And abnormal!

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    How to tell if your husband is gay.

http://christwire.org/2010/08/is-my-husband-gay

Does he travel to Asia? GAY!
    I can't believe it took fifteen points before they noted that it's actually the wife's fault. Get your priorities straight!
    ...and the milk's in me.

I'm pretty sure it's a satire site.

Why do rabbits rape cats?
    ...and the milk's in me.

Christwire is a joke site. You have been Poe'd.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    You have been Poe'd.
    Oh shit, I don't even know what this means! I'm just gonna kill myself now. Can I borrow your Seppuku tanto?......that's an Asian thing, right?
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Being the lone Republican in my family must be very frustrating for my brother.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Being the lone Republican in my family must be very frustrating for my brother.
    being the lone liberal in my family is endlessly frustrating.

So, I've got these tests and appointments Im going to so the docs can figure out whats wrong with me.

The first two came pretty quickly. X-Ray on a thursday, had the ultrasound the following Monday. No big deal.

Now I sit here looking at the calendar and wonder...

Why in the HELL...

1) out of all my tests, schedule my cardiology screening last?
    2) schedule it almost two weeks later?

You'd think with it, you know, being heart related, they would have had it first or at least somewhat quickly.

I hate feeling like this. I almost hope they find something so they can fix it.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Hope everything is okay Fezzik. :-/
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

A gorgeous sonic tableaux. Justin Bieber's "U Smile" slowed down 800 times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QspuCt1FM9M

(full track is half an hour long, listed on that page, gets repetitive after a while, but still).

Amazing and hilarious. And also, damn good music.

(From Reddit)
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Hope you get some good news soon Fezz. You don't deserve to be hanging in the balance for that long. :/

--Homer

A gorgeous sonic tableaux. Justin Bieber's "U Smile" slowed down 800 times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QspuCt1FM9M

(full track is half an hour long, listed on that page, gets repetitive after a while, but still).

Amazing and hilarious. And also, damn good music.

(From Reddit)
    Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch
    http://hypermammut.sourceforge.net/paulstretch/

This is an amazing, and free, piece of audio software. Probably the best stretching algorithm around. People have taken short pop songs and stretched them out to nearly 24-hours long.

I use it a lot in my ambient music. Creates interesting sonic textures and backdrops on which to add other elements.

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch
    http://hypermammut.sourceforge.net/paulstretch/

This is an amazing, and free, piece of audio software. Probably the best stretching algorithm around. People have taken short pop songs and stretched them out to nearly 24-hours long.

I use it a lot in my ambient music. Creates interesting sonic textures and backdrops on which to add other elements.
    Awesome. Had the feeling there was more to it than simply slowing it down, but the results are amazing. Very ethereal. Very Cocteau.

--Homer

Quote Quoting Brightside (view post)
    So, like, apparently I've gotta see a neurologist about my involuntary tongue movements, which may be connected to the weakness I've been feeling in my neck. Doc says neurologists are often pretty backed up, so it could be a few months before I see one. tl;dr another few months of misery waiting for a devastating diagnosis.
    I have involuntary tongue movements, but it's because I have Essential Tremor Disorder which normally affects the hands (also usually only older people). Lucky for me I've had it since I was 20 and it now is in my hands, legs,tongue and you can hear it affect my voice if I try and carry a long sound. It's not all that bad, as it's something that's pretty easy to cope with as long as it doesn't become to severe as I age. The worst is having to endure all the comments constantly about being nervous, needing a drink, etc.

Anyways, my point is whatever it is you might have, it doesn't necessarily have to be a awful thing. Not knowing I'm sure is the worst part. I'm hoping for the best for you.

Quote Quoting Brightside (view post)
    So, like, apparently I've gotta see a neurologist about my involuntary tongue movements, which may be connected to the weakness I've been feeling in my neck. Doc says neurologists are often pretty backed up, so it could be a few months before I see one. tl;dr another few months of misery waiting for a devastating diagnosis.
    *sigh* dude, I can honestly say I understand, and I feel ya. Hang in there. Let me know if theres anything I can do. Probably not, but the option is there if you need it

Awesome. Had the feeling there was more to it than simply slowing it down, but the results are amazing. Very ethereal. Very Cocteau.
    Yeah - it's a lot of fun to mess around with. Programs like this are able to keep the pitch the same while stretching the time. I love taking stuff, using Paul's Stretch, and then sampling chunks of the processed audio to use in other pieces.

I appreciate the comments, everyone. Last night was a complete disaster. It took me a good 9 hours to actually stay asleep because I was so anxious I'd only allow myself to sleep about 20 mins before waking up to make sure I wasn't exhibiting anymore symptoms. Then, of course, all of the crying in sheer terror. I don't know how I'm gonna handle the next few months waiting.
    Last 5 Viewed
    Riddick (David Twohy | 2013 | USA/UK)
    Night Across the Street (Raoul Ruiz | 2012 | Chile/France)*
    Pain & Gain (Michael Bay | 2013 | USA)*
    You're Next (Adam Wingard | 2011 | USA)
    Little Odessa (James Gray | 1994 | USA)*

*recommended *highly recommended

“It isn't easy to accept that suffering can also be beautiful... it's difficult. It's something you can only understand if you dig deeply into yourself.” -- Rainer Werner Fassbinder

twitter | next projection | criticker | frames within frames

I cannot, for the life of me, understand people who smoke.

I had a fifteen-minute inspection in one of our units with two smokers (who don't even smoke inside, just on the porch) and my head is pounding, I'm short of breath, and my eyes are stinging. I want to take a shower-- I can smell it on my clothes and in my hair.

Just revolting.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I cannot, for the life of me, understand people who smoke.

I had a fifteen-minute inspection in one of our units with two smokers (who don't even smoke inside, just on the porch) and my head is pounding, I'm short of breath, and my eyes are stinging. I want to take a shower-- I can smell it on my clothes and in my hair.

Just revolting.
    Also, for the record, one of these women was just hospitalized for asthma and the other one is on oxygen. In the apartment. Oxygen tanks everywhere.

:frustrated:
    ...and the milk's in me.

Smoking is generally more pleasant for the smoker than bystanders.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Smoking is generally more pleasant for the smoker than bystanders.
    Surely they still have to smell it?
    ...and the milk's in me.

I will be starting day seven at a row at work today. things have already been confused, already for the past couple of days I keep forgetting what day of the work it is, often giving faulty information due to the fact I think it's wednesday or thursday when it's really monday or tuesday. I am unnaturally friendly however. I think I'm losing my mind.
    Follow me on Twitter

Surely they still have to smell it?
    Not really. It's like if you go to a fish market and you feel bombarded by smell, but you ask the butcher and he barely smells it.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Philosophe_rouge (view post)
    I will be starting day seven at a row at work today. things have already been confused, already for the past couple of days I keep forgetting what day of the work it is, often giving faulty information due to the fact I think it's wednesday or thursday when it's really monday or tuesday. I am unnaturally friendly however. I think I'm losing my mind.
    Honey, I've been there. Go home and sleep if at all possible. It won't get better til you rest.
    ...and the milk's in me.