Page 717 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 21761766770771571671771871972776781712171717 ... LastLast
Results 17,901 to 17,925 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Do any of you ever feel hung over from bad dreams? I had nightmares all night and I'm totally spacing out now at work. I got on an elevator and stood there as the door closed, leaning against the wall, for several minutes without remembering to press a floor key or without particularly noticing that it wasn't going anywhere. I got lost on the second floor of our building. (Literally lost. Standing there going, "Where am I?") I'm being confused by things like telephone handsets and alphabetized files.

I'm not even sleepy, I just feel like someone replaced my brain with cotton.
    Yeah, I've felt pretty disoriented after some intense dreams. It was almost as if it was harder for me to transition into reality, like I was having trouble being awake.
    Last 5 Viewed
    Riddick (David Twohy | 2013 | USA/UK)
    Night Across the Street (Raoul Ruiz | 2012 | Chile/France)*
    Pain & Gain (Michael Bay | 2013 | USA)*
    You're Next (Adam Wingard | 2011 | USA)
    Little Odessa (James Gray | 1994 | USA)*

*recommended *highly recommended

“It isn't easy to accept that suffering can also be beautiful... it's difficult. It's something you can only understand if you dig deeply into yourself.” -- Rainer Werner Fassbinder

twitter | next projection | criticker | frames within frames

Quote Quoting Brightside (view post)
    Yeah, I've felt pretty disoriented after some intense dreams. It was almost as if it was harder for me to transition into reality, like I was having trouble being awake.
    That's exactly what it's like. As if my subconcious was working on a problem and doesn't want to let me go. Like insomnia in reverse.
    ...and the milk's in me.

That's exactly what it's like. As if my subconcious was working on a problem and doesn't want to let me go. Like insomnia in reverse.
    It's a wild feeling.
    Last 5 Viewed
    Riddick (David Twohy | 2013 | USA/UK)
    Night Across the Street (Raoul Ruiz | 2012 | Chile/France)*
    Pain & Gain (Michael Bay | 2013 | USA)*
    You're Next (Adam Wingard | 2011 | USA)
    Little Odessa (James Gray | 1994 | USA)*

*recommended *highly recommended

“It isn't easy to accept that suffering can also be beautiful... it's difficult. It's something you can only understand if you dig deeply into yourself.” -- Rainer Werner Fassbinder

twitter | next projection | criticker | frames within frames

Correct me if I'm wrong, but "prepared like French toast" means dipped in egg and fried, right? This is a cinnamon roll, dipped in egg and fried, with sweetened cream cheese, ice cream, caramel and ice cream.... for breakfast.

My mind? Blown.
    Sure looks good on that photo though.

Wonder how many calories that puppy has.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Sure looks good on that photo though.

Wonder how many calories that puppy has.
    Gah, I'm no poster child for eating healthy, but the photo is making my heart skip. How could anyone make a fuss about the double down when that thing exists?

The website has a nutrition tab... checking...

CARAMEL CINNAMON SWIRL FRENCH TOAST

Calories: 2090
    Fat (g): 57
    Sugar: 214 g

I'm not making that up. It's right here.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Gah, I'm no poster child for eating healthy, but the photo is making my heart skip. How could anyone make a fuss about the double down when that thing exists?

The website has a nutrition tab... checking...

I'm not making that up. It's right here.
    Yes.... Why isn't anyone making a fuss about this?

Because it looks so delicious?

Good lord.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I like that whether or not you can even go for the in-car driving test to get your full license here in Ontario depends on whether or not you complete an e-learning course that's riddled with bugs and only works on IE.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I like that whether or not you can even go for the in-car driving test to get your full license here in Ontario depends on whether or not you complete an e-learning course that's riddled with bugs and only works on IE.
    I'm amazed at how awful government or city websites are, and how old their computer systems are in general. In Colorado, there are a few things that must still be submitted by a letter. Not e-mail, but a letter. And when I paid my car registration, it was on those old green lettered screens that ruined people's eyes.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Apparently there's no Friendly's around DeKalb. This blows. I want that breakfast. So bad. :frustrated:
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Voltage!!!

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SALT CONTENT?!
    "Listen man, it might be hard to understand, but
    Don't mourn the dead,
    Celebrate the life they gave"
    - Kashmir "Seraphina"

So, apparently, tossing around an 80# heavy bag before you hang it will leave you rather sore the next day.

Plus hanging it three times by myself to make sure I got the height right probably worked a couple muscles...

Who'da thunk?
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Of course I'd eat that damn breakfast pile of nastiness. Just once though. I'm afraid tree rings would actively disappear from my core upon each successive feast.

EDIT: And apparently there's a Friendly's a mere 41 miles away from me.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting Lasse (view post)
    BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SALT CONTENT?!
    A mere 1610 mg. It's sort of sad and lonely.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Just in case this insane house situation isn't making me crazy enough (they sent me a list of 25 more partially-explained documents they need!) I got an e-mail from my real dad asking if I'll have my house so he can stay with me in June. Not enough to have a fixer-upper that just won't close, now I have a deadline. Because I don't think my dad is going to want to stay with me in my mother's house after she threw him out and took sole custody of his kids twenty-eight years ago.

I'd kind of like to see my dad, because we're working on repairing our strained relationship, but being around him is stressful in the best circumstances.

Where's that hair-pulling... aw, there it is.

:frustrated:
    ...and the milk's in me.

Red flag.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Red flag.
    Short-term staying with-- he wants to attend a conference in Baltimore.

Not looking for a daddy roommate.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Is he handy with the tools? You could have a bonding experience over fixing the place up. I dunno if that works with fathers and daughters, though.

I just hope you get the place already, because you've definitely had enough stress over it as it is.

OK so I had a bit of an argument with a friend the other night. As a bit of background, this friend has never really worked a day in his life, both of his parents are dentists, and (in my opinion) he has no concept of the reality of life and cost of living.

Which is what we were arguing about.

Now, I have often complained about how freaking high the cost of living is now. My dad doesn't seem to understand this a lot of the time. In the '70s, he was able to own an apartment and car while going to school, as he worked part-time at a grocery store stocking shelves.

This is simply not possible these days.

However, my friend has it in his head that even someone who is making a salary of $70K a year will never, ever be able to retire.

While stuff is quite expensive and it's not possible to make a decent living on minimum wage, I argue that, if you're making $70K a year for, say, 30-35 years, and you are unable to save enough to retire, it's a case of you having TERRIBLE money-management skills, and not that the cost of living is too high.

Am I wrong? Is $70K/year really a small salary that will never lead to retirement?

I really have no idea how social security or 401Ks work in Canada.

But if you can't save a portion of $70K a year, you're pissing it away somewhere.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I LOL'd.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    That is poor money management. I suspect too many people try to match their lifestyle to their income.

When I e-mail stuff between my home and work e-mail accounts, I attach affectionate notes. Silly, but it cheers me up when I open my messages.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Majorly disappointed with the boobquake participation in Seattle. I'm sure the rain didn't help....but still.

Just you wait for MOOBQUAKE.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Stephen Hawking says that humankind "shouldn't rush to roll out the welcome mat" if and when alien lifeforms come to Earth.

He theorizes that they will probably arrive in massive ships similar to the one in District 9, looking for habitable worlds because theirs have run out of resources.

He likens his theory to Christopher Columbus' arrival in the New World, where they basically just took over the land from the Natives, who had very little they could do to stop it.

Apparently he'll be going into this theory and its validity in-depth in a new series to be aired on Discovery.