Page 53 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455631031535531053 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    These are positively disgusting and if I ever saw someone had given any to their children, I would sever all contact.

The only ones I'd find objectionable are the ones that represent STDs. Fo kids, I mean. Adults tend to joke around like that with each other, but I'd be offended if my child was given a herpes stuffie.
    My Mom - 10

Quote Quoting Lasse (view post)
    Howard the Duck is out on dvd soon. I might just buy it. How's that for random?

EDIT: On a UK region 2 bare bones disc.
    The drunk thread is two doors down, Lasse.
    My Mom - 10

pushing too many pencils Rowland's Avatar
    1) I currently am fighting a bed bug infestation.
    For real? Where did they come from?

Hmm. I should probably wash my sheets, now that I think about it.
    Letterboxd rating scale:
    The Long Riders (Hill) ***
    Furious 7 (Wan) **½
    Hard Times (Hill) ****½
    Another 48 Hrs. (Hill) ***
    /48 Hrs./ (Hill) ***½
    The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec (Besson) ***
    /Unknown/ (Collet-Serra) ***½
    Animal (Simmons) **

Quote Quoting Rowland (view post)
    For real? Where did they come from?
    No idea. They just kind of showed up on the 5th floor of my building. Probably inadvertently transferred here from someone's vacation or something. They're on the wane but they are tenacious little bastards.

I ran a good call yesterday. It may or may not make the local news, most likely not, considering nobody died. But that's what we're suppose to do. So good for us.

I'll comment a few other thoughts about it all later. Some pretty neat stuff to ponder on.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Who the hell is Hannah Montana? I refuse to dignify a name like that with a google search.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    Who the hell is Hannah Montana? I refuse to dignify a name like that with a google search.
    A Disney fabrication. What I didn't know about was her apparent alter ego, which I'm not going to search for on Google for similar reasons.

A Disney fabrication. What I didn't know about was her apparent alter ego, which I'm not going to search for on Google for similar reasons.
    I believe the alter ego you're thinking of is actually her real name. They show how she transforms from a normal girl into Hannah Montana; ergo, any of her fans can be Hannah Montana!
    Letterboxd rating scale:
    Furious 7 (Wan) **½
    Hard Times (Hill) ****½
    /48 Hrs./ (Hill) ***½
    Animal (Simmons) **

Where's that one string of posts where you all gave meg suggestions for a hypothetical horror film? I want to crib a few of them for a joke email and can't remember we're they are located...
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Quote Quoting dreamdead (view post)
    Where's that one string of posts where you all gave meg suggestions for a hypothetical horror film? I want to crib a few of them for a joke email and can't remember we're they are located...
    That was in the Film Discussion thread, starting here.
    Letterboxd rating scale:
    Furious 7 (Wan) **½
    Hard Times (Hill) ****½
    /48 Hrs./ (Hill) ***½
    Animal (Simmons) **

Just when I feel like I'm starting to get on people's good sides again, I have to go and defend the Shyamalan, tirade against the Apatow, and laud the director of Jurassic Park 3, all in a fell swoop.

Quote Quoting iosos (view post)
    Just when I feel like I'm starting to get on people's good sides again, I have to go and defend the Shyamalan, tirade against the Apatow, and laud the director of Jurassic Park 3, all in a fell swoop.
    Why would that change anything? We all know you hold these opinions, as you've expressed them repeatedly in the past. Methinks you just like being considered an eccentric, hence this post reasserting yourself as such through self-imposed martyrdom.

:P
    Letterboxd rating scale:
    Furious 7 (Wan) **½
    Hard Times (Hill) ****½
    /48 Hrs./ (Hill) ***½
    Animal (Simmons) **

Quote Quoting Rowland (view post)
    Why would that change anything? We all know you hold these opinions, as you've expressed them repeatedly in the past. Methinks you just like being considered an eccentric, hence this post reasserting yourself as such through self-imposed martyrdom.

:P
    Yeah, yeah, yeah...

I'm trying to be less monotonous with my unpopular opinions and realized that in the last hour I had slipped back into pot-clanging loudmouth mode. I could happily live the rest of my life without having my eccentricities validated by the disembodied voices that sometimes talk to me from cyber-space.

Anyway, excuse me as I casually revert back to liking Spielberg's The Terminal.

D'oh! I suck at this.

Clearly, you're just that into Starbucks.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Duncan (view post)
    I only have 16 years left to explore how these monitors can endure the heat of the sun and still find food. They live off the few living beings that exist in this desert...smaller lizards, mice...who, in the day time, are hiding away in their burrows in the sand. They are generally large predators, which you can tell by flies that are gathering.

What wouldn't you do to find out about these animals?
    By the way, Duncan, I've been meaning to ask what this is about. I mean, beyond just being about monitors.

By the way, Duncan, I've been meaning to ask what this is about. I mean, beyond just being about monitors.
    Oh, it's just a quote from Herzog's Fata Morgana. It's almost certainly "fake" but it still blows my mind. Like, why does the guy only have 16 years left to study these creatures? How does he know he only has 16 years left? Why does he use the qualifier "only" before 16 years? Why is he wearing those crazy goggles (see av) that the singing pimp wears later in the film? I love the sense of decay you get from the line about flies. I love that he's got these legitimately
    informative things to say about monitor lizards. I love that someone may or may not exist who is so absurdly passionate about monitor lizards. I love that he expects other people to be as passionate about them as he is. And I love that I've made similar comments about films only people on the internet have ever heard of.
    Wishful thinking, perhaps; but that is just another possible definition of the featherless biped.

Oh, dear Christ, I need to watch more Herzog. Wow.

Meanwhile, I have a huge urge to do my taxes right this fucking moment, but one of my W-2s isn't here yet.

So...I had quite an eventful evening...

My on-stage debut, which went well until my second-to-last-line, where I read someone else's line.

Luckily the lines were quite similar anyways, so no one in the audience actually noticed.

This was followed by the group of us going to a bar, where I had 3 double-rye's, and 2 beers.

Then my D.D. drove the other 3 people in the car home, and on our way to my house, we were in a small accident. Nothing major, but we ended up in a ditch where the snow was so high that we couldn't open the doors or see out 4/6 of the windows of the car. Neither of us have CAA, so we had to call his mom, who called a tow truck for us.

Even though it wasn't a major accident and both of us were perfectly fine, we were both still pretty shaken op.

So...that was my night.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    So...I had quite an eventful evening...

My on-stage debut, which went well until my second-to-last-line, where I read someone else's line.

Luckily the lines were quite similar anyways, so no one in the audience actually noticed.

This was followed by the group of us going to a bar, where I had 3 double-rye's, and 2 beers.

Then my D.D. drove the other 3 people in the car home, and on our way to my house, we were in a small accident. Nothing major, but we ended up in a ditch where the snow was so high that we couldn't open the doors or see out 4/6 of the windows of the car. Neither of us have CAA, so we had to call his mom, who called a tow truck for us.

Even though it wasn't a major accident and both of us were perfectly fine, we were both still pretty shaken op.

So...that was my night.
    Glad you're alright.

Damn meg that sucks. Glad ok.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    A pimento cheese sandwich is perfection.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    A pimento cheese sandwich is perfection.
    Which one?

Sometimes I feel the urge to tell one of my co-workers that I find her bottled water consumption to be borderline unconscionable when there's ready access to cups and a drinking fountain.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Which one?
    A plain one. With bread and the cheese.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

As far as sammiches go, El Cubano laughs at the puny pimento & cheese.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)