Page 215 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 1151652052132142152162172252653157151215 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    can eat a dick.
    You won't have to worry about that happening in your comic book museum/apartment.
    letterboxd.

A Star is Born (2018) **1/2
    Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    The Sisters Brothers (2018) **
    Crazy Rich Asians (2018) ***
    The Informant! (2009) ***1/2
    BlacKkKlansman (2018) ***1/2
    Sorry to Bother You (2018) **1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***
    Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018) ***
    Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018) **1/2

Quote Quoting DavidSeven (view post)
    You won't have to worry about that happening in your comic book museum/apartment.

Nerds are the new jocks.

Plus, I'm hot.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    It's a good thing you already have a woman.
    I'll never grow out of the awesomeness of putting Legos together. Probably the same reason why I still build models.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

It's ridiculous that anyone would question the awesomeness of Lego.

At any age.

I don't really display anything save for a couple of small action figures and such at my desk. It's a design choice.

But I see nothing wrong with Legos in the guest bedroom if you present them nicely and--for God's sakes--don't let them get dusty .

Once I was over at this dude's house. He had like two kids and it seemed as if every square inch of his apartment was covered in Star Wars action figures and memorabilia, along with a few other horribly geeky things. It was a little off-putting.

But then I'm a pretty hateful jock, so whatevs.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Once I was over at this dude's house. He had like two kids and it seemed as if every square inch of his apartment was covered in Star Wars action figures and memorabilia, along with a few other horribly geeky things. It was a little off-putting.

But then I'm a pretty hateful jock, so whatevs.

I never pictured you as a jock at all.

People tell me I should put some posters in my room.

Quote Quoting Antoine (view post)
    People tell me I should put some posters in my room.
    People are gay. Remember that.
    Now reading: The Master Switch by Tim Wu

It's a good thing you already have a woman.
    This. I'll probably be boxing up my collection that is left.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Steve Winter won Wildlife Photographer of The Year honors with this amazing photo. And it's really frustrating that a sufficiently high-res version does not exist. I want to use this as my wallpaper, but after a discouraging half-hour of scouring the web, it seems there isn't anything out there that is larger than this image...

Wow, that is a beautiful photo.

Thanks for sharing.

I saw something pretty cool yesterday. North Dakota had its girls high school swimming state meet prelims and the state's top swimmer broke (I mean destroyed) two high school national records. She beat a 20-year-old record held by Janet Evans in the 500 freestyle. Nice girl too. I did her webpage when she was preparing for the Olympic Trials over the Summer.

My moment of bragging: My daughter was the only 7th grader to earn four swims in today's finals (her friend from Fargo was the only other 7th grader with two swims). She had a solid day yesterday, very poised despite looking like a shrimp next to a lot of mostly Sophmores, Juniors, and Seniors.
    My Blog
    My Reviews
    Follow me on Twitter

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Quote Quoting fasozupow (view post)
    I saw something pretty cool yesterday. North Dakota had its girls high school swimming state meet prelims and the state's top swimmer broke (I mean destroyed) two high school national records. She beat a 20-year-old record held by Janet Evans in the 500 freestyle. Nice girl too. I did her webpage when she was preparing for the Olympic Trials over the Summer.

My moment of bragging: My daughter was the only 7th grader to earn four swims in today's finals (her friend from Fargo was the only other 7th grader with two swims). She had a solid day yesterday, very poised despite looking like a shrimp next to a lot of mostly Sophmores, Juniors, and Seniors.
    Congrats! If she keeps it up, she'll be beating that top swimmer.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Seriously, California, what the fuck? Can we go at least one month without one of your crazy wildfires.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

The fire is like 5 miles from my work.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Another reason I'm glad I don't live in Cali :P

Legos do rock, but I've long since passed down all of my collection to my youngest sister. Its really fun to build things with them though.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

For those past Legoteers, did you get away from the instructions often? As I got older, I experimented less and mostly assembled my sets the way they were supposed to be (I had a lot of the early nineties Castle and Space stuff). I still had a bucket for screwing around with, but mostly I used the sets and the figures to create stories rather than new constructions.

Jubelale, a beer made in Bend, Oregon is very good.

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Congrats! If she keeps it up, she'll be beating that top swimmer.
    Thanks! She shows a lot of promise. Her goals in life right now though are to be a paleontologist and a swim coach.

A summary of the finals: Dagny Knutson (that top swimmer) broke a third National record by leading off the 400 free relay, which her relay team then shockingly lost.

My daughter withstood the heat and pressure very well. Her medley relay moved from 8th seed to 4th place, her 400 free relay moved from 9th seed to 7th, she held her seed position of 15th in the 200 individual medley, and she move from 11th seed to 9th in the 100 breaststroke. Pretty special. She was all smiles yesterday.
    My Blog
    My Reviews
    Follow me on Twitter

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    Another reason I'm glad I don't live in Cali :P
    I think I could come up with more reasons I'm glad I don't live in Iowa than you could for Cali.

Wow, I've been reading a lot lately regarding Obama's election, and whether or not he really won it fairly.

Not that he cheated, but these editorials and articles are saying that they believe a large portion of his votes came from blacks who voted for him solely because he is black.

They were talking about it on the radio this morning with regards to a Bill Cosby interview, which was actually put up on IMDb today so I'll clip what they have there...

Comedian Bill Cosby was so proud to vote for a black U.S. presidential candidate, he shared the experience with his late mother, father and brother.

The 71-year-old wanted the trio to be present when he cast his vote for Barack Obama on 4 November, so he took pictures of his late loved-ones with him to the polls.

He says, "I took my mother's and father's pictures from out of a frame, and my brother James, who died when he was six.

"I put them in my pocket and went to the poll. When it was my turn, I went into the booth, I took out James, dad and mom, and we all voted."
    The guy on the radio said he felt this indicated that Cosby himself would have voted for Obama regardless of his policies.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    African Americans, statistically, vote for the Democratic nominee. The number is, obviously, quite a bit higher this year, but all in all it was not the only reason he won. Though he didn't get the majority of the white vote, Obama did receive a higher percentage than recent Democratic candidates.

To say he won just because of his skin color is both reductive and rather sad.

I think his percentage of the youth vote and new voters is likely more attributable than the African American vote.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    African Americans, statistically, vote for the Democratic nominee. The number is, obviously, quite a bit higher this year, but all in all it was not the only reason he won. Though he didn't get the majority of the white vote, Obama did receive a higher percentage than recent Democratic candidates.

To say he won just because of his skin color is both reductive and rather sad.

I think his percentage of the youth vote and new voters is likely more attributable than the African American vote.

Yes, this is what I think as well. I think a lot more young people went to the polls this time than ever before, and it's not because he's black, but because he seems more genuine and honest than really any candidate before him.

He succeeds in being both a likable, relatable guy, and also being intelligent, thought-provoking and a powerful speaker. His 18-minute speech was incredible.