Page 1926 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 92614261826187619161924192519261927192819361976 ... LastLast
Results 48,126 to 48,150 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting baby doll (view post)
    Fixed.
    Legit LOL.

She was in our wedding, but with that said....

[
    ]
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    Nice work. That sounds like a big job. Ladder, chainsaw, and caution? I'm curious how you did it.
    Chainsaw, chaps, helmet, etc. Limbed off the branches, then cut about 10-15’ worth of chunks from the ground. Since it was still attached, I had to cut the chunks 95% from below, then hit them from the top to cut it off. If you don’t cut far enough from underneath, you pinch your chainsaw blade, then have to lift the tree section to relieve the pressure and remove the saw at the same time.

Once the tree section was no longer on the ground, (the last chunk I took out caused the section to lift up to about seven feet off the ground at its lowest point. At that point, I climbed a ladder and cut below the break, making the tree more seamless. Since I took such a deep angle, I didn’t cut a wedge out. Still should’ve cut a wedge, since when it fell it felt a touch too close for comfort. Then just go back and cut it into manageable pieces.

Note: The V in the tree was too tight for me to get in the tree safely, so I cut it from the ladder. I prefer to cut the big sections out while in the tree, since it’s more stable, and that damn log can sometimes swing back and take out your ladder. Better to have someone reset your ladder than call 911.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

It felt like I lost five pounds of water weight and my hip ain’t happy. It’s Hell getting old. To quote a classic: “It’s not the years, it’s the mileage.”

So I’m double fucked.

;-)

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Anyone here skilled at making avatars?
    I think I can do okay....if you have an image.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I think I can do okay....if you have an image.
    PM'd!

Huge thanks to Skitch for the amazing avatar!

Any time!

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Chainsaw, chaps, helmet, etc. Limbed off the branches, then cut about 10-15’ worth of chunks from the ground. Since it was still attached, I had to cut the chunks 95% from below, then hit them from the top to cut it off. If you don’t cut far enough from underneath, you pinch your chainsaw blade, then have to lift the tree section to relieve the pressure and remove the saw at the same time.

Once the tree section was no longer on the ground, (the last chunk I took out caused the section to lift up to about seven feet off the ground at its lowest point. At that point, I climbed a ladder and cut below the break, making the tree more seamless. Since I took such a deep angle, I didn’t cut a wedge out. Still should’ve cut a wedge, since when it fell it felt a touch too close for comfort. Then just go back and cut it into manageable pieces.

Note: The V in the tree was too tight for me to get in the tree safely, so I cut it from the ladder. I prefer to cut the big sections out while in the tree, since it’s more stable, and that damn log can sometimes swing back and take out your ladder. Better to have someone reset your ladder than call 911.
    Thanks for the explanation. This kind of stuff is impressive to me--even more so addressing potential hazards that may or may not be obvious. I'm sure many people have been seriously injured by not recognizing "potential energy." BTW I'm proud of myself when I change my own oil.

Rank 'em... 1 is the easiest, 4 is the hardest. What would be the hardest to do? Keep in mind, you have your team to help you:
    1)Score a NHL goal
    2)Hit a MLB HR
    3)Score a NFL TD
    4)Make a NBA 2-pointer

???

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I think it goes:

1. NFL (offensive line helps you run it in
    2. NBA (pick and roll... eventually you'll get a shot in)
    3. NHL (off a deflection or one timer)
    4. MLB (you ain't hitting shit off a pro player, much less a HR)

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Only adjustment I'd make is I think NBA 2 pt would be easier. NFL you would have to score on your first try, because even one of those tackles might kill a normal person lol

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Is this during a live game? There's no way you'd get a shot off.

1)Hit a MLB HR
    2)Score a NHL goal
    3)Make a NBA 2-pointer
    4)Score a NFL TD
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Huge thanks to Skitch for the amazing avatar!
    Hah, sax man from The Lost Boys!

Scar I watched my dad work a chainsaw this week when I helped my folks clean up after the storm Monday. Still without power. Good luck with the cleanup.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Is this during a live game? There's no way you'd get a shot off.

1)Hit a MLB HR
    2)Score a NHL goal
    3)Make a NBA 2-pointer
    4)Score a NFL TD
    You think MLB HR is the easiest?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Only adjustment I'd make is I think NBA 2 pt would be easier. NFL you would have to score on your first try, because even one of those tackles might kill a normal person lol
    This is true, lol.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    You think MLB HR is the easiest?
    Yes, by far. Eventually you'll get a fastball. Just swing for the fences every time. The only obstacle would be your own hand eye cordination.

Basketball, are we talking going coast to coast? There's no way you could past any NBA player 1v1.

NHL, same question. Coat to coast?

NFL, 80 yards? Catch and run? Rushing? How many plays do you get? on the 1 yard line? 2 point conversion? What are we talking about here?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Yes, by far. Eventually you'll get a fastball. Just swing for the fences every time. The only obstacle would be your own hand eye cordination.

Basketball, are we talking going coast to coast? There's no way you could past any NBA player 1v1.

NHL, same question. Coat to coast?

NFL, 80 yards? Catch and run? Rushing? How many plays do you get? on the 1 yard line? 2 point conversion? What are we talking about here?
    You're in a game. You have your teammates. The solution is there. That's all there is to it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    You're in a game. You have your teammates. The solution is there. That's all there is to it.
    So basically you're cherry pickin' while the other 9 players are at the end of the court, and when someone gets the rebound they huck the ball to you and you do a layup.

So yeh, i guess that's the easiest.

So basically you're cherry pickin' while the other 9 players are at the end of the court, and when someone gets the rebound they huck the ball to you and you do a layup.

Whatever it takes.

Can't get a HR easily.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

That scenario happens. I think it's hard for a normie to even stand next the plate of a 90mph pitch, let alone club it out of the field.

Why is it need to be a HR? Can't it just be a hit?

Why is it need to be a HR? Can't it just be a hit?
    The stipulation was HR, DUKE!

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I think it's gotta be a HR because all the other things result in points scored, so the baseball analog should too.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

I have been chuckling about the idea of the touchdown being harder from bacon's scenario. You're out for six months after a crippling tackle from a linebacker.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Hitting the HR is the most difficult by far. Scoring a touchdown the easiest.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64