Page 1924 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 92414241824187419141922192319241925192619341974 ... LastLast
Results 48,076 to 48,100 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    Yeah I also have night terrors. They suck. I have found that going to bed hours before I'm tired enough to sleep and melatonin have helped a lot. I quit drinking so that's no longer an option.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    One recurring dream / nightmare I have takes place at my paternal grandparents' house. I am sleeping over (or there for some kind of extended visit), and I am convinced there is something evil and malevolent upstairs.

I never really see it, but I KNOW it's there, and I know that it wants to hurt me.

I've had this dream for about 20 years. Because of the frequency and intensity of the dream, I've asked my parents if they were aware of anything happening to me there when I was a child - did I get hurt or sick there at some point? Did I do something bad and got in trouble?

They can't remember anything. But it's so strange that it's such a specific dream in such a specific place, and I still have it 5-6 times a year.
    That's incredible. Maybe it's not even something that happened in your grandparent's house, maybe that's what's misleading. It could be something else that you associate with time spent there.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Dunno if people are interested in new house news or not... but I just got a central air quote for a retrofit job.... $31K!

Someone give me the pros and cons of doing this because that's almost an in-ground pool.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Dunno if people are interested in new house news or not... but I just got a central air quote for a retrofit job.... $31K!

Someone give me the pros and cons of doing this because that's almost an in-ground pool.
    How hot does it get out there?
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    How hot does it get out there?
    It was 98 yesterday.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

That must be a big ass house you're outfitting. We had central air installed in ours about 10 years ago and it came to about 1/3 of that.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Holy balls that seems like a lot of money for that.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Holy balls that seems like a lot of money for that.
    Yeh I was surprised. I was expecting maybe 15-20. I asked for high SER stuff too, but that quote was for the minimum 13 SER. If I want 21 SER it's another $2200

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    It was 98 yesterday.

I’d try to get multiple quotes. I’m not a fan of the heat, especially with humidity, so I loves me some AC.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Dyson Cooler Fan.... GOOD ENOUGH lol.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Sorta-piggybacking on duke's house posts...

I just got something in the mail from my homeowners insurance, and the best I can figure out on my own, someone just unilaterally decided to add some new "mandatory" part to the policy called like "punitive or exemplary damages exclusion" or something. If what I'm reading is correct, it bumps my policy cost by like 20% all on its own. This seems absurd to me, especially now of all fucking times. Anyone have experience with this to know what this is or can tell me I'm reading this wrong (please). I'll call up the company that manages my policy on Monday, but I was curious (and aggravated).
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Sorta-piggybacking on duke's house posts...

I just got something in the mail from my homeowners insurance, and the best I can figure out on my own, someone just unilaterally decided to add some new "mandatory" part to the policy called like "punitive or exemplary damages exclusion" or something. If what I'm reading is correct, it bumps my policy cost by like 20% all on its own. This seems absurd to me, especially now of all fucking times. Anyone have experience with this to know what this is or can tell me I'm reading this wrong (please). I'll call up the company that manages my policy on Monday, but I was curious (and aggravated).
    That doesn't sound right. If it's an exclusion it shouldn't ADD a cost to your insurance. It means it's excluded and is not included. Unless there's another part to what was added?

From what it sounds like that clause means if someone sues you for being injured on your property, but it was done maliciously by you (with intent to harm), your insurance wouldn't cover it. Where as someone gets inured on your property, like slipping on ice, and gets injured, your insurance would cover their medical bills.

I don't have any verbiage like that on my policy.

edit: you live in SC? I wonder if this was done because of rioting?

I do live in SC. Not sure what it means to be honest. I'll give my insurance people a call on Monday unless hurricane blows us away. I appreciate the input tho.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Spreadable Peanut Butter is a WILDLY overlooked invention.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I could have sworn there was a Letterboxd thread somewhere on MC. Can't find it.

Anyways, joined yesterday. It's kinda frustrating. You should be able to look at a sea of film titles and just click that you have seen them. Save review and categorization for a later time.

Anyone else on there?

Add me, same username.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I could have sworn there was a Letterboxd thread somewhere on MC. Can't find it.

Anyways, joined yesterday. It's kinda frustrating. You should be able to look at a sea of film titles and just click that you have seen them. Save review and categorization for a later time.

Anyone else on there?

Add me, same username.
    http://matchcut.artboiled.com/showth...-Site-Accounts

You can do that. click the little eye on the film poster and it will show as seen.

Can't seem to get that to work on mobile. But thank you!

And yessss I knew there was a thread.

Oh yeh, the mobile app is severely limited.

Wish you could also go through a list of movies and score accordingly.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Producer
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Wish you could also go through a list of movies and score accordingly.
    Hover over a poster in a list of films and there will be three choices to click: watched, loved, and more. The latter can have you score films without having to change pages. Is that what you mean?
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

I just sorted by popularity and rated from that page. Click the ellipsis that signifies "more" and you can rate without having to leave a page.

We're rewatching Community right now, and there's so much to discover. In the episode in S2 when Biden is supposed to be coming to Greendale, there's a scene with him and the secret service agent in the limo, and he's waking up after a nap, mumbling: "I had a dream that I was a proper president".

Taking out "Advanced Dungeons and Dragons" is still incredibly stupid, though.

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    We're rewatching Community right now, and there's so much to discover. In the episode in S2 when Biden is supposed to be coming to Greendale, there's a scene with him and the secret service agent in the limo, and he's waking up after a nap, mumbling: "I had a dream that I was a proper president".

Taking out "Advanced Dungeons and Dragons" is still incredibly stupid, though.
    I think I recall that episode. Also yeah removing the D&D episode sucks because it is hilarious.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

I was just up a ten foot ladder when a lone wasp buzzed around. Suddenly he had enough and stung me on my forehead and my hand as flailed around trying not to fall of the ladder.

I fucking hate summer.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I was just up a ten foot ladder when a lone wasp buzzed around. Suddenly he had enough and stung me on my forehead and my hand as flailed around trying not to fall of the ladder.

I fucking hate summer.
    2020 summed up.

Sorry man.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter