Page 1923 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 92314231823187319131921192219231924192519331973 ... LastLast
Results 48,051 to 48,075 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Thought that was a Yuengling on the desk. Too bad it wasn't.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Do you have 2 PS4s?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    Do you have 2 PS4s?
    And two PS3s if you look close enough.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Tecate.

Man that curved monitor is groovy.

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    Tecate.

Man that curved monitor is groovy.
    I want a second one, but they changed the design of the back of the monitor. So I need to find one that matches my first.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Also in 'moving into a new house and realizing new things you never realized news', check out this story.

My wife and I take turns waking up with the baby. Her turn was this morning. And when i say wake up, I mean when the baby wakes up at 5-5:30am, I'll bring her back into our bed and we'll all cuddle for a few more minutes. Sometimes she snoozes and lets my wife and I "sleep in" to 6:30. So they both left the bed at 6:30 which gave me 30 more minutes of snooze time.

Well apparently, when I was sleeping, my wife and baby were playing the sun-room and my wife wanted to get on the Instagram or Snapchat on our deck (probably take a picture of her coffee mug). And when I say "deck", it's the smallest deck on the planet. The previous owners made this 12x12 foot deck off of the sunroom, with NO STAIRS. So it's essentially a balcony almost. I asked them "why no stairs?" when we met to see the house and they said they were worried about people breaking in using the deck stairs (I rolled my eyes in my mind). So this deck, also has a deadbolt and a knob lock on it.

My wife, didn't realize the knob lock was engaged, LOCKED HERSELF ON THE DECK with our baby in the sunroom alone. Her excuse was, normally if a knob lock is engaged the door knob doesn't turn in the first place. Couldn't argue with that. She tried calling me and apparently my phone was, not dead and not on silent, but in one of those phone modes where there's just no service and you need to restart it to fix it? She was banging on the door. I couldn't hear a thing. So what did she do? She did whatever pregnant woman does (oh yeh and btw we are expecting our second in March 2021), she JUMPED OFF THE deck.

Of course being the model of fitness she didn't have a problem swinging down to the grass but boy I never have been awaken so quickly in my life. No coffee needed this morning.

So back to Lowes today to get a door knob with no lock. I see NO REASON why there needs to be two locks on this door at all.

PS- the plan is to make this deck bigger and with stairs. How the F am I supposed to grill and then walk around the whole house to bring the food in??

Holy shit shes a ninja. A preggers ninja. Congrats!

Just throwing this out there.... Fireman's Pole??????? Don't get too many of those these days.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

A photo of Will Smith crying due to Jada cheating on him has become a huge meme, and nick-named him "Hancuck".

Society generally doesn't give a shit about men's mental health.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    A photo of Will Smith crying due to Jada cheating on him has become a huge meme, and nick-named him "Hancuck".

Society generally doesn't give a shit about men's mental health.
    Disgusting. This is a trigger issue for me. Especially where I live, its entirely unacceptable for men to have any feelings. More than once I've gotten a teary at something in a movie and been told "don't cry in front of me".

It's a weird world out there.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    It's a weird world out there.
    And it’s getting sketchier day by day.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

At least we have each other.

Not being sarcastic. I'm genuinely happy to have this place and all of you.

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    Damn Duke that is crazy.

meg you all seem ok. I'll hang around, I guess. Besides I have a TV thread that is designed to never end.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    What exactly is the basis for Anti-trust lawsuit here? Monopoly maybe? Because essentially anyone who buys a phone in that region has Facebook pre-installed on it. Market power?

These will never result in the company being broken up.
    Welp. Maybe it will happen?

https://news.yahoo.com/tech-titans-s...053431693.html

I really hate my brain sometimes.

I had a dream this morning where I had died to some serial killer that had been hunting a small town, mostly thru my own idiocy (biking back to my apartment very early in the morning when it was still dark and the streets were empty of witnesses, etc.). After I was dead, my friends and family had a kind of Irish wake for me at a bar/restaurant, and I visited in ghost form. No one could sense me, but I placed my hand on my sister's shoulder (I don't have a sister), and she sort of looked up "at" me, perhaps recognizing that I was still there in some sense. Then......I guess my brain determined that it was time to wake up, so the way it decided to do that was to have some terrifying, pale, skinny, naked androgynous figure with red eyes and long stringy hair step out from behind some kind of curtain and rush the fuck straight into my face. I woke up with my adrenaline spiked and I could barely move my body I was so scared. It was still dark, as it was like 4:00 a.m., so I kept looking around the room, wondering if I was still stuck in a dream and if that Thing would come out of some dark corner again.

Fuck that.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Jesus christ, dude. That gave me chills.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Nah that hearing will just be a bunch of grandstanding political theater. That's the House's bread and butter.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

Um Wryan are you sure you not writing a horror story? That sounds creepy.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

Not at the moment. I do have night terrors tho. They come and go every once in a while--I'll have like a few each week for a few weeks and then go months without any. Weirdly, tho, they are almost always about giant insects in my bedroom. Compared to the terrors, most of my more vivid dreams are not frightening at all.

I have a sneaking suspicion I might develop like schizophrenia or something later in life, because I have auditory hallucinations sometimes at night when I'm lying down to go to sleep. In one memorable instance, someone in my room briefly yelled at me. I am pretty sure I was not asleep or on the border of falling asleep, and it certainly felt and sounded real. But that was kind of a rare, freak occurrence. Otherwise, I have an overabundance of seeing things out of the corners of my vision, like constantly throughout the day and evening. It's pretty aggravating. No history of such issues in my family, that I know of.

EDIT: I should note that I have virtually 0% belief in anything supernatural.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Deep sympathies, Wryan. I also suffer from night terrors, with similar frequency. Alcohol helps me.

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    I have a sneaking suspicion I might develop like schizophrenia or something later in life, because I have auditory hallucinations sometimes at night when I'm lying down to go to sleep. In one memorable instance, someone in my room briefly yelled at me. I am pretty sure I was not asleep or on the border of falling asleep, and it certainly felt and sounded real. But that was kind of a rare, freak occurrence. Otherwise, I have an overabundance of seeing things out of the corners of my vision, like constantly throughout the day and evening. It's pretty aggravating. No history of such issues in my family, that I know of.
    This kind of thing sometimes happens to me when I'm on the verge of falling asleep, like in a semi-conscious state. I've heard it happen to other people as well. But, like I say, it's usually only when I'm dozing off.

What did happen to me for a while and I managed to control was sleep paralysis - that was far more disturbing.

I have recurring places I visit in my dreams. They are places that exist in real life, but are different from how they are for real.

For example, I could draw a side-by-sidr comparison of my hometown of Stittsville - what it's really like, and what it's like in my dream world.

I also frequently dream that I can fly, or I am flat-out Superman. But I ALWAYS lose my ability to fly gradually through the dream. By the time I wake up, I am a regular person.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I also frequently dream that I can fly, or I am flat-out Superman. But I ALWAYS lose my ability to fly gradually through the dream. By the time I wake up, I am a regular person.
    I have a recurring dream I'm flying a helicopter thats out of control and I'm dodging power lines. I swear I wake up with more grey hair.

One recurring dream / nightmare I have takes place at my paternal grandparents' house. I am sleeping over (or there for some kind of extended visit), and I am convinced there is something evil and malevolent upstairs.

I never really see it, but I KNOW it's there, and I know that it wants to hurt me.

I've had this dream for about 20 years. Because of the frequency and intensity of the dream, I've asked my parents if they were aware of anything happening to me there when I was a child - did I get hurt or sick there at some point? Did I do something bad and got in trouble?

They can't remember anything. But it's so strange that it's such a specific dream in such a specific place, and I still have it 5-6 times a year.