Page 1894 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 894139417941844188418921893189418951896190419441994 ... LastLast
Results 47,326 to 47,350 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Not in the random thread no.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Wouldn't you all rather talk about Owen Glieberman's crazy ass 10 Most Overrated Films of the Decade list rather than Chinese politics?

/derail
    Yeah I've always considered Gleiberman to be a reliable source but that list is click-baity as all get out. What the heck happened to him?
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Sorry for the late reply.

No I did not lose my job, but many, MANY people I know did.

No severance, nothing. Just “k bye”.

Stop the presses.

Hbo Go has The Abyss in HD and original aspect ratio.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

- - - - -
    Does anyone here do anything crazy like make (and keep!) New Years resolutions?

I used to, but found the practice to arbitrary and silly for me (and ultimately disappointing). I decided if I need to change something, then the day I think of it is the day it needs to change. Every day is a chance.

But if it works for others, god bless!

I’m making a pretty big New Years resolution this year.

I’ve never done it before.

I really challenge myself:

Go hunting.
    Cook a new recipe.
    Try some new wine, beer, alcohol.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

No.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I'll go with work out more, drink less, maybe volunteer. I doubt I do any of those but they seem like decent goals.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

My goal for 2020 is to be more mindful of my mental health, and to finally do something about what I suspect is a case of ADD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

- - - - -
    Happy New Year, everyone!

My goal is to try to gain some self respect and self love, and in turn stop smiling while I let people treat me like shit.

I have absolutely zero self respect or self worth. I have frequently considered suicide, and have actively planned and/or attempted more than once over the years.

I need this to change. I need to find a way to love myself.

- - - - -
    @meg I see you

@Dukefrukem Hey, Dad, I don't know if you'd be comfortable with it, but if you are, I'd really love to see some baby pictures

Kidney stones, a kidney infection and a UTI are a lovely combination.

I’ll post pictures of the discharge in the “Unpopular Opinions” thread.

@meg I see you

@Dukefrukem Hey, Dad, I don't know if you'd be comfortable with it, but if you are, I'd really love to see some baby pictures
    My wife posts a ton. She controls my social media. Click on her page too.

https://www.instagram.com/dukefrukem/

- - - - -
    OH MY GOD LOOK AT THE BAAAAAAAABEEEEEEEE ! ! !

"Why do you look like daddy and not mommy?" is what I say to her.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    "Why do you look like daddy and not mommy?" is what I say to her.
    It's very Dad joke but a good one and it should last you ~20 years with careful use

- - - - -
    Meanwhile, Saturday's project turned out to be fixing a broken lock. My house key broke off in my front door.

This necessitated several hours of nonsense by me (the piece won't come out and i don't have a spare key anyway, i'll have to replace the whole thing, trip to the hardware store, disassemble the old lock, oh wait the new one doesn't fit wth, fix the original lock almost by accident, oh wait maybe i do have a spare key in my junk drawer...)

Long story short: Despite being inept and a big dummy, almost nothing else in the world makes me feel like a dude dude as much as fixing small broken shit around the house.

Baby is freaking beautiful, Duke. Great family Christmas pics.

Meanwhile, Saturday's project turned out to be fixing a broken lock. My house key broke off in my front door.

This necessitated several hours of nonsense by me (the piece won't come out and i don't have a spare key anyway, i'll have to replace the whole thing, trip to the hardware store, disassemble the old lock, oh wait the new one doesn't fit wth, fix the original lock almost by accident, oh wait maybe i do have a spare key in my junk drawer...)

Long story short: Despite being inept and a big dummy, almost nothing else in the world makes me feel like a dude dude as much as fixing small broken shit around the house.
    If you’re able to complete a project with only ONE trip to the hardware store, you’re doing good.

When I changed the locks on my old house many moons ago, I learned that the new locks I bought didn’t fit the hole in the door. So, did I go back to the hardware store like a smart man? Or did a pissed off /frustrated / soon to be officially divorce Scar grab a 1.5” hole saw and bore the shit out of both doors...

I know some of your are hung up on the privacy aspect, but you might be interested in this since it operates on a closed loop and you don't need to connect it to anything for it to work, but it's really nice not having to carry around keys anymore.

In fact, I dont even need to take my "keys" out of my pocket during the day... between my car fob and just a passcode to enter my house. If you connect it to your phone, it knows when you are "Away" and makes sure to lock the house if you happened to forgot.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    If you’re able to complete a project with only ONE trip to the hardware store, you’re doing good.
    Kind of you to say so --- but technically it will be 2 trips. I need to return the unused lock that didn't fit.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    When I changed the locks on my old house many moons ago, I learned that the new locks I bought didn’t fit the hole in the door. So, did I go back to the hardware store like a smart man? Or did a pissed off /frustrated / soon to be officially divorce Scar grab a 1.5” hole saw and bore the shit out of both doors...
    Ahhhhhhhh overkilling the problem. You're an engineer at heart.