Page 1836 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 836133617361786182618341835183618371838184618861936 ... LastLast
Results 45,876 to 45,900 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

That's a great philosophy and I absolutely agree. Zebra pens are fantastic and 0.5-0.7mm is the perfect point.

For me, a pen must not only be great to write with but also be appropriately balanced along its length to allow me to flip it over my thumb, which I do instinctively with any pen that I hold. I'll even subconsciously pick up a pen in between when I'm typing so I can flip it over and over. Helps me think.

This has been my favorite pen for over a decade purely for its flipping properties:

I love the feel of the Uni-Ball but I’ve always found it lets out too much ink. With my writing style it looks blotchy and messy.

I also have never found a gel pen that I liked.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

I can't use gel pens, or most Uniball because I'm left handed. I end up smearing everything. I also prefer ball point for shading and cross hatching.

That's not to say that the Uniball pens aren't nice. They are. They just don't work for me. Stupid lefty.

Yeah they aren't a perfect pen, I will admit. The worst case scenario is when I find myself having to write on a semi-glossy surface (like a business card) and I have to hunt for a ballpoint pen because it takes impossibly long for gel ink to dry on such a surface.

I wish I liked ballpoints more. I just don't like the way it can thin and fade in and out during writing strokes (which is the barometer of quality between the $1 and the $5, imo, but even the best ballpoints still do this to some degree). I always feel like I'm having to apply a lot of pressure. With gels I can just lightly skim the surface of the paper and the inking is consistent and dark.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    This has been my favorite pen for over a decade purely for its flipping properties:
    Best pen! Have a box in my desk that I got from a surplus store. I will cry when it runs out. I love the pens that let out more ink.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I love the feel of the Uni-Ball but I’ve always found it lets out too much ink. With my writing style it looks blotchy and messy.

I also have never found a gel pen that I liked.
    If you've gone your entire life without finding a gel pen you like then I won't change your mind now, but the micro version is the solution to this problem. Unfortunately most standard gel pens are 1.0mm and yeah, those suck.

I wish I liked ballpoints more. I just don't like the way it can thin and fade in and out during writing strokes (which is the barometer of quality between the $1 and the $5, imo, but even the best ballpoints still do this to some degree). I always feel like I'm having to apply a lot of pressure. With gels I can just lightly skim the surface of the paper and the inking is consistent and dark.
    This is all true.

If you've gone your entire life without finding a gel pen you like then I won't change your mind now, but the micro version is the solution to this problem. Unfortunately most standard gel pens are 1.0mm and yeah, those suck.

I will definitely try a micro gel if you recommend it!

At my work we sell tons of gel pens but like you mentioned, they are all 1.0 and I find them messy.

I also have very strange writing.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I also have very strange writing.
    Show a pic.

For drawing, I like that you can get various shades of ink with a ball point pen.

Ball point pens are my favorite thing to draw with.

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    For drawing, I like that you can get various shades of ink with a ball point pen.

Ball point pens are my favorite thing to draw with.
    Whoa. You draw with a pen instead of a pencil? That’s baller. (pun not intended)

Haha. Yeah. I've always liked drawing with pen only. I don't do much but doodle any more, but pen was always my thing.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Show a pic.
    I’ll try to find something worth photographing.

I write in all caps, excessively neat and tidy, and I apply a lot of pressure.

I do that too! The caps thing. I used to apply lots of pressure but I corrected that as I grew older.

I had a board fall on my head and smash my thumb a few months ago. I think I damaged some tendons. My handwriting has changed, and its dreadfully hard to make 3's and e's anymore.

Spike TV is ending, being absorbed by Paramount. The twitter for Spike TV (@spike) is controlled by a soon to be ex employee. I encourage everyone to check out the hilarity.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    You know that's viral marketing right and not a real ex-employee?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    You know that's viral marketing right and not a real ex-employee?
    Really? Thats weird. Are they marketing for the new Paramount thing?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Yes
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Pen talk? I'm addicted to Pilot G2s. I always have two in my pocket. 0.7mm width. 0.5 is too thin.

- - - - -
    I found a sample of Meg's handwriting. I see what you guys mean about the smudges; they really do take away from the overall presentation.

[]

I found an example of led's handwriting

[]

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    Pen talk?
    Trying to inject this place with some wholesome discussion!

0.5 is too thin.
    Fuck you and your stupid opinions.

I mostly write with chalk.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.

These have been my go-to boys for a while, although I have to warn you all: they start leaking if you take them on planes. I think it has something to do with the air pressure, maybe, but what's for sure is it happens every goddamn time.