Page 1835 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 835133517351785182518331834183518361837184518851935 ... LastLast
Results 45,851 to 45,875 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

That was made by a comedian that lives here. Its a sarcastic take, intended to mock how the national media perceives us.

Would choose mudslides over people who can't pronounce the word "car" correctly.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I will visit CA one day. One of the very few states I haven't been to. Several friends out there. I also want to go back to Vancouver. Maine is also on the bucket list.

Denver >

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    That was made by a comedian that lives here. Its a sarcastic take, intended to mock how the national media perceives us.
    I know. I've been following him for a quite a while. He's hilarous.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I like Iowa's weather. Except in January. Fuck that month.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

I don't care about any of Ohio's weather. It pisses me off when people bitch about it and they constantly do. We have very mild weather compared to rest of U.S. We get hot, cold, but never really extreme. I've seen 105 and about -18 at absolute worst, and never more than a couple days worth. Thats nothing compared to rest of the country. Another Ohioism, "don't like the weather? Wait ten minutes."

On the topic of cold: most people who follow football are aware that the Superbowl this year is in Minneapolis. What you might not know is that some geniuses are setting up a zipline that starts on the east side of the Mississippi river, and goes to the west side. Now, the river gets pretty wide downtown - a couple hundred yards at least, so that's gonna be a pretty long time to be up in the air like that, and I heard people will be reaching speeds of up to 30 MPH on the thing.

Now, here's something that the people who set up the zipline may not have thought about: in Minneapolis, at the beginning of February, it gets fucking COLD. I mean, right now, as I type this, it's nine below out. NINE DEGREES BELOW ZERO. And it's not at all unusual to be that or colder on Superbowl Sunday. And since they will be traveling at 30MPH, there will be windchill, effectively dropping the temperature to about -38 degrees.

And of course, that calculation assumes there will be no breeze coming from the Northwest. Which is where the cold wind always comes from. Which is also the direction the river is angled, forming a perfect wind tunnel to focus those frigid alberta clippers into razor sharp ice knives. And those zipliners will be speeding right into the face of it. So, even if there is a breeze of 10mph (there is always a breeze) then we're dealing with cold in excess of -40 degrees on that zipline.

So, of course the zipline is sold out. This is what we in Minnesota refer to as "thinning out the herd".
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

I've felt 40 below. Its not good at all. It feels like dying.

It's funny hearing Colorado radio people complain about this already. Can only imagine what California/Florida/Texas sports writers will be like.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

60 degrees here in Boston today. WTF

There's so much fog. The snow is just evaporating before our eyes.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

#globalwarming

I've felt 40 below. Its not good at all. It feels like dying.
    I hung a wiz in just boxer shorts off the cabin deck last weekend when it was at least thirty below. That’ll wake you up at 0500.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Did it result in a stalagmite or a stalactite?

Did it result in a stalagmite or a stalactite?
    Surprisingly, no!
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

People here in Ohio complain about the weather a lot. I'd rather have to deal with all four seasons than have to deal with hurricanes, earthquakes, and animals and insects than can kill you.
    It's true. But Friday I was walking around in the morning without a coat, and had to drive home from work on a sheet of ice. What the fuck, Ohio?

We Iowans still bitch about the weather, though. As much as I hate winter fall makes it all worth the suffering.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

The descriptions for the front page of the forum make me smile. "More porgs" ftw.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

I'm very angry that this man shares my name.

As the holiday party filled up, a cryptocurrency rapper called CoinDaddy — Arya Bahmanyar, 28 — was getting ready to perform.

Formerly a commercial real estate agent, Mr. Bahmanyar works full time as CoinDaddy after becoming a self-described crypto-millionaire (“you think I would dress up like this if I wasn’t?”). “Right now all our entertainers come from outside crypto culture — not inside crypto, and we’ve got to change that,” he said.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/13/s...lionaires.html
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

This world feels exceptionally, untenably stupid lately.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I'm very angry that this man shares my name.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/13/s...lionaires.html

That's a Mark Wahlberg level of offense.
    Movie Theater Diary

And here I am...resting on my laurels or rehabing my house. I thought what I did was was impressive.....This guy, doesn't use a single power tool.

I have a pen and paper addiction. I cannot control my compulsion to buy pens and notepads or hoard them when they are free, despite the fact that I rarely ever write anymore.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    I have a pen and paper addiction. I cannot control my compulsion to buy pens and notepads or hoard them when they are free, despite the fact that I rarely ever write anymore.
    I live by one philosophy. The difference between a $1 pen and a $5 pen is far greater than the difference between a $5 pen and a $500 pen.

Currently my favorite pens are: