Page 1834 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 834133417341784182418321833183418351836184418841934 ... LastLast
Results 45,826 to 45,850 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Woooooo.....
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Jesus, is California not the worst state to live in the country? It's bad enough you have to deal with the traffic on a daily basis but, annual out of control fires, droughts, (and now mudslides) and fear of earthquakes every day.... I'll take the foot of snow in the Northeast over all the negatives and positives in CA........ What are the positives again?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

It's beautiful. Great weather all year. From most places you can be at some of the best beaches in the world or some of the most beautiful mountains in the world in a few hours. Big Sur. Mono Lake. The giant red woods. Disneyland. Magic Mountain. Tons of incredible movie options in So Cal. Incredible, cheap and fresh produce. Great Mexican food. Motto Bay. Monterey Bay. San Luis Obispo.

Yeh it's beautiful in some areas. Been there multiple times. Living there would be awful.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Besides traffic, I really had no issue in SoCal.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I was going to quit Match Cut when I hit 12,000 posts because my post count is displayed next to every post I make and after 11 years of posting here, it would just be a nice number to end on, considering my waning participation.

But nevermind. I'm gonna make more posts. And then I'll have no choice but to stay here until I reach a nice, neat 15,000.

I'm thinking about 50,000.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I was surprised that I was still in the top 10 number of posts after not posting for almost a year.

I'm surprised post count is still visible on here. Didn't we get rid of it one time? Where can you see the post rankings?

Click your name at top where it says Welcome, XXXX

Then click on Member list. Sort by posts.

I suppose I should post more, but post-RT I try to think more before I comment. Far too often I read something into someones comment that is literally not there at all and I get all defensive and attacky. Vowed to not act that way here, and this often results in me typing something out, deleting it, and moving on. I still trip over that gopher hole sometimes. Its amazing how much the inflection of speech can alter a perception of a typed comment. Or I'm idiot. Or both.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I suppose I should post more, but post-RT I try to think more before I comment. Far too often I read something into someones comment that is literally not there at all and I get all defensive and attacky. Vowed to not act that way here, and this often results in me typing something out, deleting it, and moving on. I still trip over that gopher hole sometimes. Its amazing how much the inflection of speech can alter a perception of a typed comment. Or I'm idiot. Or both.
    Yeah, the number of times I get halfway though a post/response and then abandon it is high.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

I'll post til I'm dead.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Ha.. By looking that up, I see that Match Cut has been around for 11 years. Wow.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I'm just here for the Fantasy Movie League thing.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Quote Quoting Lazlo (view post)
    Yeah, the number of times I get halfway though a post/response and then abandon it is high.
    Same, which begs the question why my post count is still so high.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    I was going to quit Match Cut when I hit 12,000 posts because my post count is displayed next to every post I make and after 11 years of posting here, it would just be a nice number to end on, considering my waning participation.

But nevermind. I'm gonna make more posts. And then I'll have no choice but to stay here until I reach a nice, neat 15,000.
    I am glad you didn't, although I almost did with 18k. I think I will hang around and see how the site ends.

PS: And to hit 20k.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Yeh it's beautiful in some areas. Been there multiple times. Living there would be awful.
    Looks beautiful

Like, I don't know what to say. People live there. It has its advantages geographically, socially, and economically. It's not always on fire. People freeze to death in the northeast. Every place in the world has its downsides. You enjoying this?

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Cost of living is probably the toughest element for me, since I live in the thick of LA. The natural disasters don't really hit me, and I donate what I can when they happen. I like the friends I've made, the access I have to national parks, museums, cultural spots, revival/obscure movie theaters. I'm fortunate too in that I have a 15-minute commute.
    Last edited by Dead & Messed Up; 01-11-2018 at 08:53 PM.

It's not always on fire.
    Except it is.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    You enjoying this?
    It's the only way Duke can finish anymore.

[
    ]

People here in Ohio complain about the weather a lot. I'd rather have to deal with all four seasons than have to deal with hurricanes, earthquakes, and animals and insects than can kill you.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    It's the only way Duke can finish anymore.

[
    ]
    Well I mean of course i enjoy seeing terrible destruction around the world. Who doesn't right? That seems like a perfectly appropriate question to end a post on. A zinger if you must.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    People here in Ohio complain about the weather a lot. I'd rather have to deal with all four seasons than have to deal with hurricanes, earthquakes, and animals and insects than can kill you.