Page 1800 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 800130017001750179017981799180018011802181018501900 ... LastLast
Results 44,976 to 45,000 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Ha.

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    When I was in high school I was too dumb to understand that The Lexus and the Olive Tree was a bunch of bullshit. I thank Greg Palast and others for showing me the light by college time.
    This is wonderful: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...g-late-w453529

This year can't end fast enough.

So I guess she's in critical condition.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

So 2016's been a pretty rough year for everyone, but instead of focusing all on the bad, I wanted to take a moment and look back on the good that the past year had brought on, in my own little personal look back at the past year, if anyone's interested. http://cwiddop.blogspot.com/2016/12/...from-2016.html

Merry Xmas, everyone.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quite accurate.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I got a new computer for christmas that allows me to type without it freezing every minute or so, so now I can get on forums again!

Welcome back!

Hey Thirdmango.

Welcome back, it's great to see you!
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    Yeah, for the past 10 years I've been living off of macs from 05-06. I actually had 3 laptops that were all the same model because my mom, dad and I all got the same model at the same time. Mine was about a month away from dying when it got stolen so my mom gave me hers cause she bought a new one. Then that one died and my dad gave me his cause he wasn't using it anymore. That one about 5-6 months ago started doing this thing where it would just freeze every minute for about a minute at a time. So it was still technically usable. I could transfer files and such but I could never type anything out cause it would take nearly 5 minutes just to write a paragraph.

I've been living a very poor man's game lately but mostly I work just enough to get by, which doesn't really allow me to buy new computers. But I finally got enough, got a new computer and now I can type again. Hallelujah!

Regarding this Brittany Herring story:

I don't understand how there is confusion about whether to classify it as a "hate crime". Kidnapping and torturing a white person while yelling "fuck white people, fuck Donald Trump" is about as cut and dry as you can get, no?

- - - - -
    Does anyone know where I can find a christian louboutin outlet store online anywhere? I'm, ya know, really really interested in scoring cheap handbags and knockoff sunglasses.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Does anyone know where I can find a christian louboutin outlet store online anywhere? I'm, ya know, really really interested in scoring cheap handbags and knockoff sunglasses.
    Looks like today is your lucky day!
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Regarding this Brittany Herring story:

I don't understand how there is confusion about whether to classify it as a "hate crime". Kidnapping and torturing a white person while yelling "fuck white people, fuck Donald Trump" is about as cut and dry as you can get, no?
    I think the question is how much the latter informs the former. What if I robbed a store because I wanted the money and then at the end shouted, "Heil Hitler"? (I haven't watched the video, so I can't say how pervasive their "fuck white people" comments were, if they were presented as a screed, if they were in passing.) At the same time, the fact that they're already saying it wasn't a hate crime and that the victim was targeted because he had special needs-- I mean, isn't it probable that he was selected because he was a white man that could be more easily victimized?

It's prudent for them to say to wait until they have all the facts they can assemble, but it's odd that they so quickly ruled out black-on-white hate as at least a motivator.
    Last edited by Dead & Messed Up; 01-05-2017 at 03:34 PM.

There's also a conflation between just calling something a hate crime versus legally prosecuting a crime as a hate crime. Countries implement hate crime laws (and determine what falls under it) for the purpose of deterrent. It's not so much to say it's a worse crime than good old regular assault; the extra punishment is to convey a message that the government is going to protect often-discriminated minorities. That's why calls for its use tend to follow social current (blacks in mid-20th century, gays in 80s and 90s, muslims post-9/11). Hate crimes against white people are usually not prosecuted under hate crime laws because no one except white supremacists believe the ludicrous notion that white people in the US are a minority group that needs extra protection from discrimination.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

It sucks that James Woods turned out to be an evil lunatic. He was so good.

There's an ancient wisdom about never following your heroes on twitter.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    It sucks that James Woods turned out to be an evil lunatic. He was so good.
    Did something happen?

They always makes us work to understand. Do i really have to go search this out? Or are you guys just click-baiting us? I'm gonna guess he is slobbing Trumps knob. He is a big republican right?

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    They always makes us work to understand. Do i really have to go search this out? Or are you guys just click-baiting us? I'm gonna guess he is slobbing Trumps knob. He is a big republican right?
    He called the now-official hate crime "#ObamaLegacy," and I guess that wasn't a total waste of 30 seconds.

I was probably just gonna surf io9 for a bit anyway.

mI'm drunk and riding around in a Tesla this car is fucking future
    Movie Theater Diary