Page 1799 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 799129916991749178917971798179918001801180918491899 ... LastLast
Results 44,951 to 44,975 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Just awful.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

People are shitty.

Also whoa page 1800.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Question: I have a video I shot that is about 3 minutes long that I'd like to edit, primarily by blurring out the faces of some people involved. I am a total luddite who doesn't have access to software unless it is built into my Macbook. Is this an unattainable goal? Or is there some easy solution I'm unaware of?

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    Question: I have a video I shot that is about 3 minutes long that I'd like to edit, primarily by blurring out the faces of some people involved. I am a total luddite who doesn't have access to software unless it is built into my Macbook. Is this an unattainable goal? Or is there some easy solution I'm unaware of?
    Super easy to do. Youtube has a built in video editing SW with a button that recognizes faces and auto blurs them.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Super easy to do. Youtube has a built in video editing SW with a button that recognizes faces and auto blurs them.
    You are AWESOME dude, thank you SO much. This totally worked perfectly.

Np. Glad it worked out.

I recently checked out a pretty interesting interview with Thomas Friedman, who opened my eyes to how many major technological developments occurred in 2007:

- The debut of the iPhone
    - The global launch of Facebook
    - The global launch of Twitter
    - Airbnb
    - Kindle
    - Apache Hadoop
    - Android
    - IBM's Watson

…among other significant developments.

He tells Charlie Rose it was "one of the greatest technological inflection points ever and we completely missed it because of 2008 […] The new learning, the new regulating, the new social adaptations, the new managerial system — a lot of that got froze, and I think a lot of people got dislocated in that process."

I'll shift over to my wheelhouse now and make the (unoriginal) claim that 2007 also happened to be a very impressive year for movies: 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days, Across the Universe, The Mist, My Winnipeg, Cassandra's Dream, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Rescue Dawn, We Own The Night, There Will Be Blood, Death Proof, The Host, Sunshine, Zodiac, Away From Her, No Country For Old Men, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Syndromes and a Century, Eastern Promises, Ratatouille, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, Hot Fuzz, etc.

I left out the ones that I know are notable but that I have yet to see, which reminds me that I should finally get around to watching This Is England and The Savages, among several others.
    Last edited by Gittes; 12-06-2016 at 04:22 AM.

And because not everyone visits those other threads, just dropping by to let you all know that Velcro: The Masquerade is now available!

http://cwiddop.blogspot.com/2016/12/...available.html

Kind of embarrassing how far away we are from this 2007 report on technology.

Been accepted into a masters programme to become a primary teacher. Woo! Goodbye spreadsheets.

Nice work Winston.

- - - - -
    Today's verbal tics:

- Congrats, TGM. I am in awe of your work ethic. (Now where is my signed copy?)

- Congrats, Winston. That is genuinely awesome

- New drinking game: Watch the Rose interview and do a shot of imported vodka every time Friedman says the word "globalization"

- No need to implant chips when everyone voluntarily carries a phone and doesn't care it actively narcs on them

- RFID is evil and Amazon GO is a shitty dystop nightmare

I can't give anymore rep to TGM.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    - Congrats, TGM. I am in awe of your work ethic. (Now where is my signed copy?)
    Thank you, sir! As for a signed copy, hell, it's possible something can be arranged.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I can't give anymore rep to TGM.
    That's okay, I wasted my rep in thanks to Irish on his review for Demolition. XD

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    Been accepted into a masters programme to become a primary teacher. Woo! Goodbye spreadsheets.
    Congratulations! Here's hoping (and expecting) that this is a much more satisfying trajectory for your career!

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Congratulations! Here's hoping (and expecting) that this is a much more satisfying trajectory for your career!
    Yeah, it will be good I think. Just not suited to office life. Only issue is that it will take me like 5 years to get to the point of what I earn now.

Hurray for both TGM and Winston.

Also ugh Thomas Friedman. This is England is a great and powerful film btw.

PS only 42 posts left to go. Huh.
    Last edited by MadMan; 12-12-2016 at 08:04 AM.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    Also ugh Thomas Friedman.
    OK, that's now two negative remarks about my "this is interesting; check this out" post. What is the problem? That video was my introduction to Friedman.
    Last edited by Gittes; 12-12-2016 at 08:08 PM.

Hey guys, haven't been around much lately because my final semester of undergrad has been stressful and time consuming. But I just turned in my last assignment, so... assuming nothing goes terribly wrong, I'm done with college!

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    Hey guys, haven't been around much lately because my final semester of undergrad has been stressful and time consuming. But I just turned in my last assignment, so... assuming nothing goes terribly wrong, I'm done with college!
    Congratulations! Culminating moments like these are great. Hope your last assignment turns out well.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    Congrats, man!

Quote Quoting Gittes (view post)
    OK, that's now two negative remarks about my "this is interesting; check this out" post. What is the problem? That video was my introduction to Friedman.
    Your post was fine. I just don't like Friedman.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

- - - - -
    Nobody likes Thomas Friedman. That's why he's Thomas Friedman.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Nobody likes Thomas Friedman. That's why he's Thomas Friedman.
    When I was in high school I was too dumb to understand that The Lexus and the Olive Tree was a bunch of bullshit. I thank Greg Palast and others for showing me the light by college time.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Merry Christmas, Match Cut.

"We eventually managed to find them near Biskupin, where demonstrations of prehistoric farming are organized. These oxen couldn't be transported to anywhere else, so we had to built the entire studio around them. A scene that lasted twenty-something seconds took us a year and a half to prepare."