Page 1766 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 766126616661716175617641765176617671768177618161866 ... LastLast
Results 44,126 to 44,150 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Here's the parody they did called "Button!"

Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    This is the first time I've heard of Lin-Manuel Miranda.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Jesus Christ! It costs more than $300 to see a Broadway musical? For one ticket?
    It's obscene. I have had some wonderful theatre experiences in my life. None of them were worth that much.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Telling my colleagues at work led to actual screaming. I'm not putting it on FB until I have a ticket in hand, but boy howdy this is starting to feel real.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I have recently made the most amazing purchase of all time: a Klean Kanteen insulated mug. I can't recall the last time I've bought something that so thoroughly lived up to its potential.

Case in point: I put some milk in the mug this morning around 8am. I never finished it. Now I'm about to do dishes and opened the mug...the milk is STILL COLD. Not cool, mind you. Straight up COLD. Consumable. I'm blown away. (edit: current time = 10:30pm!! 14 hours people!)
    Last edited by amberlita; 12-19-2015 at 02:26 AM.

When I took the wife to Le Mis (in freaking Cleveland) my options were 40$ nosebleeds seats, 300$ halfway back, and anything closer was for James Bond types.

Good score, Mara.

Thinking about it, I don't think I have ever paid more than maybe $100 for tickets to anything, including theater and concerts. $80 has absolutely happened a couple of times, when I really wanted something. The few shows I've seen on actual Broadway I got tickets through TKTS when I was open to whatever was an option.

I'm really lucky that in my area I can see great live theater relatively cheaply-- I rarely pay more than $20-30 per ticket, with my discounts and loopholes. I'm also lucky that musicals aren't my one true love-- I occasionally love them but I tend to prefer non-musical theater, which is much cheaper.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Amsterdam is fun.

Students at Oberlin college protesting the "racist" Asian food. The use of incorrect sauce on the General Tso's chicken is "a form of racial micro aggression".

Can someone please just wake me up when all of this shit is over and done with?
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Jealousss. I've been listening to the soundtrack a lot.

At the intermission of a rip-roaring production of Kiss Me Kate. Paid $20 for my ticket as part of a season pass.
    ...and the milk's in me.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Students at Oberlin college protesting the "racist" Asian food. The use of incorrect sauce on the General Tso's chicken is "a form of racial micro aggression".

Can someone please just wake me up when all of this shit is over and done with?
    Both the people complaining about micro-aggressions and the people complaining about the people complaining about micro-aggressions are giving me micro-aggressions. I'm triggered by all points of the conversation. I need a safe space.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    Both the people complaining about micro-aggressions and the people complaining about the people complaining about micro-aggressions are giving me micro-aggressions. I'm triggered by all points of the conversation. I need a safe space.

Well lucky for you, the black students are asking for their own safe spaces around the school to separate them from other races!

They are literally asking for segregation!

You just can't make this shit up!

Yawn.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

It seems that all sides of this social argument (heck, maybe all social arguments) consists of people who learn just enough to satisfy their own outrage quota.

- - - - -
    Guys, ffs, it was an op/ed written by a 19 year old and published in a lefty college paper.

Never listen to the political opinion of someone who thinks there is such a thing as authentically Chinese general tso sauce.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I knew General Tso. I worked with General Tso. You, sir, are no General Tso.

It all just proves what I know to be true: college students are fucking stupid. I was never more stupid than when I was in college. There is a special kind of stupidity that results in having your world view [edit] quickly changed and broadened, coupled with more freedom and the ability/desire to express your new-found, dogmatic opinions in a seemingly-intelligent manner. Good thing most of us grow up after college.
    Last edited by D_Davis; 12-21-2015 at 04:20 PM.

That's stupid.
    Movie Theater Diary

Good burn!

The world will eat these kids up alive.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    The world will eat these kids up alive.
    Smothered in authentically Chinese General Tso sauce! Mmmmmmm.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Seriously, though. Have any of you guys ever had lengthy discussions with high school and college-age minorities about why they're attracted to the idea of safe spaces? Because it ain't pretty tales of melting snowflakes. My girlfriend's previous and current job is to literally talk to teenagers and teachers and student organizations all over the country and help them create guidelines for safe spaces. I can remember all the times it's made her cry or go on a bender. If you compare it to the reality of why most of these kinds of protests and demands and open letters and yes safe spaces are put together, the catchy headlines about the silly things that may get caught up in the effort to compensate for it just become background noise that's really easy to laugh about and shrug off.

Not only do I believe that kids today will be able to handle the world just fine, I seriously doubt any of us posting here would have ever been any tougher when put in their situation. To suggest otherwise is rather comical. Some of you have gotten offended or defensive when other posters tear down your opinions or misconstrue your jokes on a movie forum, for cryin out loud. Don't tell me you'd be able to handle deflecting sexism, racism, and other discrimination on a daily basis with perfect grace and enormous forethought, rather than with your base instincts. The proverb of a straw breaking the camel's back isn't meant to inform us that most camels are limpy dipshits that can't handle the weight of a straw.
    Movie Theater Diary