Page 1726 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 726122616261676171617241725172617271728173617761826 ... LastLast
Results 43,126 to 43,150 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

I can barely handle winter in Iowa. Complaining about the weather down here is an annual tradition. And yes last winter was horrible.

Out of curiosity, Eze, where were you staying when you were in Minnesota? Near the airport?

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    I can barely handle winter in Iowa. Complaining about the weather down here is an annual tradition. And yes last winter was horrible.
    Eh, you don't have it so bad. When I was going to school at ISU, you could almost guarantee that at any given time, it would be exactly 10 degrees colder in Minneapolis than it was in Ames. Weird thing is, tho, that you guys have been getting a hell of a lot more snow than us. We've managed to dodge a lot of the snowstorms that have been hammering other parts of the country.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Yeah I know. I just hate winter.

I was at the Sheraton Minnetonka hotel in Ridgedale. I'll be there a lot this year I imagine.

I use Starwood for the reward program, so I'll try out a few of the other SPG hotels. There's quite a few.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    sorry I've been absent from the forums. My girlfriend of 15 months and I broke up about two weeks ago. So I've been sorta off social media as a whole at the moment. I'm doing mostly good but every break up is gonna hurt in at least some way.

Sorry man. That sucks.

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I was at the Sheraton Minnetonka hotel in Ridgedale. I'll be there a lot this year I imagine.

I use Starwood for the reward program, so I'll try out a few of the other SPG hotels. There's quite a few.
    The closer you can get to downtown, the better. But I guess you won't want to drive too far from work. Still, there are 2 good breweries about ten minutes from Ridgedale. My entire local geography is based on proximity to breweries, you see.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Eh, you don't have it so bad.
    I don't know about that. He does live in Iowa.

Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    sorry I've been absent from the forums. My girlfriend of 15 months and I broke up about two weeks ago. So I've been sorta off social media as a whole at the moment. I'm doing mostly good but every break up is gonna hurt in at least some way.
    Woof that's rough man.

Quote Quoting Isaac (view post)
    I don't know about that. He does live in Iowa.
    Heh yep.

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    The closer you can get to downtown, the better. But I guess you won't want to drive too far from work. Still, there are 2 good breweries about ten minutes from Ridgedale. My entire local geography is based on proximity to breweries, you see.
    I do want to check out the Twins this summer. Hopefully I can time it right with an Orioles matchup.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I do want to check out the Twins this summer. Hopefully I can time it right with an Orioles matchup.
    Awesome, lemme know, I'd love to go too. The Twins have an awesome ballpark, even if they've been sucking it lately as a baseball team.

While doing research for a project today, I was reading a chapter in an edited volume. I was like, "who wrote this anyway?" and I went back to the first page of the chapter and BOOM.

Dreamdead.

Oh geez, is that the Kiyoshi Kurosawa essay on Pulse in The Ghostly and the Ghosted in Literature and Film: Spectral Identities? If so, I apologize that it's not greatly worded at times; it was an early draft that got better as I revised it for the dissertation but the editors secured the university press with an earlier draft and couldn't submit revised edits of essays...
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

I have a new nephew! I almost missed the bus this morning because I kept stopping to look at pictures. HIS LITTLE FACE.

I have seven tabs open in my browser researching .25-06 ammunition. I think its time to close the computer.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    I have seven tabs open in my browser researching .25-06 ammunition. I think its time to close the computer.
    Too late, CIA triangulated your coordinates. God help you if you buy a copy of Catcher in the Rye.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    Too late, CIA triangulated your coordinates. God help you if you buy a copy of Catcher in the Rye.
    Nah, they would've been here long ago when I bought a case of 75 gr 5.56 Hornady TAP, (same ammunition that state troopers carry in their AR-15's).

Then again, I did order a case of 12 gauge Tactical 00 buck recently, but that was on the girlfriend's tablet. Better let her know the feds are coming....
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Anyone want to hear some wicked spooky stuff? (sorta)

I was going to buy a condo last fall.

Well the exact unit I was looking at burned to the ground yesterday. Suspect gas leak aka shoddy construction.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I just got word that my former boss (and good friend) Henry Williams passed away during a surgery to alleviate pressure on his lungs from the cancer he's been battling.

He was ALWAYS smiling. He was always positive. He had love for everyone. He always had my back. He was the kind of boss you happily fought for. He was the kind of man I strove to make proud - I wanted to be the man he always seemed to think I was.

He was young, healthy, took care of himself, and then he gets diagnosed with cancer. He stayed positive through ALL of it, but in the end it wasn't enough. He was a great dad. A great husband. A great boss and a great friend.

He was a light in this world...and its gone.

And it pisses me off.

Fuck cancer.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Man, health insurance, right?

Cancer is a shitty thing. They might have cured it by now but hey money needs to go to bombing people instead

Two of my friends just got engaged. On Valentine's Day. Gross.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Two of my friends just got engaged. On Valentine's Day. Gross.
    It's cute, Mr. Cynical.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Ugh. It's not even a federally recognized holiday.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary