Page 1721 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 721122116211671171117191720172117221723173117711821 ... LastLast
Results 43,001 to 43,025 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

It's mostly packed into solid bricks, this is just the easy on the go variant.

Has anyone ever actually been furious?

Perhaps my most favorite internet troll of all time.

The anger this person stirs up is amazing. Love it.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/112221225063660781289/posts

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    And how!
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Did you act upon it, or peacefully work your way through it?

Did you act upon it, or peacefully work your way through it?
    Somewhere in the middle. If I would've acted on it, well, we don't need to get into specifics tonight. Suffice to say I'm extremely glad I didn't go full rager and life is much better than it was once the dust settled.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I was fast once.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Yeah.

I come from a family with rage issues. I mostly dodged them. I get irritated, sometimes angry, but rarely more than that. There are people in my family who go into black-out rages.

My worst time with it was in my early teens. I would scream and throw things and bash my head into the wall with rage. But I outgrew it.

Yeah, I definitely had some moments of uncontrollable anger as a teen. There was one time I threw a rollerblade through a window (how 90s is that?). I'm pretty even-keeled as an adult though. The most I get is irritated.

Haley Joel Osment's body and head grew, but his face stayed the same size.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Somewhere in the middle. If I would've acted on it, well, we don't need to get into specifics tonight. Suffice to say I'm extremely glad I didn't go full rager and life is much better than it was once the dust settled.
    I was furious once.

Driving home from playing a show in So Cal, some kid threw a bottle off an over pass onto the freeway below. It hit the top of my car. A split second difference in timing, I and the people in my car would probably be dead. I saw the kid - white pants, red shirt, dark skin, black hair. I got off the freeway at the next off ramp, and started patrolling from him. If I had seen someone matching that description, I would have run him over. This force took over, and all I could think about was hunting and destroying. I'm really lucky I didn't find him.

Match-Cut is so broken right now. Half the time I can't submit or see my posts. The traffic is at an all time low. Posters like boner, Spinal, Raiders, etc barely post if not at all. This place isn't getting any new members. I barely contribute anymore. Sigh. I guess this is it then.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

- - - - -
    I assumed somebody formed one of those Facebook groups & everybody was using their new software & posting over there.

Edit: This thing-- http://newsroom.fb.com/news/2014/11/...ok-groups-app/

Although my thinking this is probably due to a weird obsession with social software.

Most forum communities I've been a part of have moved on to social media websites like Facebook, or at least most of the traffic went there. I read MC a lot these days, but I don't post enough, which is part of the problem.

- - - - -
    Also, even the forums are temporarily broken, just to counter any low morale:

- There were about 22 threads bumped/ created in the last day
    - ~35 registered users visited over the course of "Yesterday," 16 over the last 4 hours

Participation has ebbed, but those rough numbers seem par for the course over the last year.

Yeah, I keep having to click on threads and then re-refresh them to get the new posts to show up. It's weird.

Okay, I'm glad it's not just me. I'm experiencing the same things, across platforms, across devices. So far, the best luck I've had is using Firefox 34.0.5 (Windows 7) and clearing the cache before each visit. IE9, Chrome (Windows and MacOS) and Safari (IOS) all have issues for me.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

- - - - -
    Def not you. Site has been broken for about 2 weeks now. Caching issue.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    Match-Cut is so broken right now. Half the time I can't submit or see my posts. The traffic is at an all time low. Posters like boner, Spinal, Raiders, etc barely post if not at all. This place isn't getting any new members. I barely contribute anymore. Sigh. I guess this is it then.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    Most forum communities I've been a part of have moved on to social media websites like Facebook, or at least most of the traffic went there. I read MC a lot these days, but I don't post enough, which is part of the problem.
    I really don't want to move to that kind of facebook page. I like the forums as is (only fixed).
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

My biggest issue was the new posts button, but after I refreshed it once, everything has been working fine. I haven't had any of the issues you guys have listed.

MC will never die. Our children's children's children will be posting updates on how much they sleep at night, and writing scholarly research papers on the history of the Cutties.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I'm on a writing retreat this weekend with my writer's group and it has been AWESOME. It's my first time on the Eastern Shore of Maryland (though I am on the western part of the Eastern Shore; on the Chesapeake.) Very cold, very pretty, lots of great information and inspiration for writing.

Anyway.

ME two weeks ago when I figured out I was going to have to drive over the Bay Bridge: I've heard it's bad. And I've always hated driving over bridges, as it combines several of my deepest fears: heights, car accidents, being trapped, and drowning. But I've gotten a lot less fearful over the last few years. I'm sure I'll be fine.

ME prepping for trip: Am I okay driving over the bridge? I think I'm okay.

ME driving past Annapolis: There are the signs for the bridge. I got this. Gonna be fine.

ME seeing the bridge: Oh shit.

ME driving over the bridge: SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!
    ...and the milk's in me.

Big bridges are freaky. Especially if they sway. Then theres the one in Michigan thats mostly grated so I feel like In The Mouth Of Madness....