Page 1606 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 606110615061556159616041605160616071608161616561706 ... LastLast
Results 40,126 to 40,150 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

I don't want to live in a world that cannot accept that both NY and Chicago pizza are both hot cheese on bread, and therefore delicious.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Fight the real enemy. And by that, I mean California pizza.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

I don't think I've ever had Chicago-style pizza before Jon's rant, but the picture he used made me want some.

For the record, DEATH prefers Chicago-style.

...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    For the record, DEATH prefers Chicago-style.
    Carbs kill.

At least that deep dish had the cheese on top.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

So I ended up buying something on black Friday.
    []

I thought you never wanted a house again??? But congrats!

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    []
    a zipline to a roof?
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    I thought you never wanted a house again??? But congrats!
    Figured I need to buy a place to die in.

Also, our mortage is only $200 more than our rent.

Seems like the right thing to do for my retirement years. I've loved renting, for sure. But lately rents have been sky-rocketing in Seattle, and I definitely don't want to pay more than I'm paying now, and I want a nicer place to live.

So....it just seemed to make sense and we found a place that we LOVE. I love ramblers.

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    Fight the real enemy. And by that, I mean California pizza.
    So .... SO ... true. Seven years in the Bay Area and I found only one pizza place worth a damn.

One of the most beautiful things about pizza to me has always been the sheer amount of variety not only in ingredients but style. Thing crust, pan crust, New York style, Chicago style, any style. It's pretty neat!

So, my family gathered for Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. My brother-in-law had a surprise for us. He'd been investigating my sister's (and therefore mine and my mother's) lineage and traced it back to William Brewster, who travelled over on the freakin' Mayflower, and Thomas Prence who was governor of Plymouth and oversaw the first of Plymouth's witch trials. I briefly questioned the legitimacy and he adamantly defended his results, saying he was taking no leaps of faith, no, "well, that's close enough," tactics. He required proof before he linked somebody to somebody else. He's even invited me to look at his work, which I will probably do one of these days.

Needless to say, if true, it's pretty astonishing.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    []
    Capitalism!!!!!!!!!!!! BAD!!!!
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    So, my family gathered for Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. My brother-in-law had a surprise for us. He'd been investigating my sister's (and therefore mine and my mother's) lineage and traced it back to William Brewster, who travelled over on the freakin' Mayflower, and Thomas Prence who was governor of Plymouth and oversaw the first of Plymouth's witch trials. I briefly questioned the legitimacy and he adamantly defended his results, saying he was taking no leaps of faith, no, "well, that's close enough," tactics. He required proof before he linked somebody to somebody else. He's even invited me to look at his work, which I will probably do one of these days.

Needless to say, if true, it's pretty astonishing.
    Cool beans! It might not be as far fetched as you think. This got me to check up on my genealogy (which my grandparents have put a lot of time into) to confirm that I had Plymouth ancestors, too (I was told this some years ago, but couldn't remember what specifically I'd been told).

Yep. I'm related to both Francis Cooke and his son John who came over on the Mayflower. Another ancestor, who came over a few years later was Jeremy Clarke, the second President of Rhode Island.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Cool beans! It might not be as far fetched as you think. This got me to check up on my genealogy (which my grandparents have put a lot of time into) to confirm that I had Plymouth ancestors, too (I was told this some years ago, but couldn't remember what specifically I'd been told).

Yep. I'm related to both Francis Cooke and his son John who came over on the Mayflower. Another ancestor, who came over a few years later was Jeremy Clarke, the second President of Rhode Island.
    Brewster drafted the Mayflower Compact and Cooke signed it. Crazy. Possibly friends, undoubtedly knew each other.

So .... SO ... true. Seven years in the Bay Area and I found only one pizza place worth a damn.
    Now that it's been brought up, it's true. The pizza places by the slice are worse then Freschetta.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    What is California pizza?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    What is California pizza?
    Pizza made by Californians.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    I pretty much live on pizza and I've only had what I would consider "bad" pizza maybe twice.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

This one time I was camping with some friends at a remote campsite in northern Michigan and there was a tiny place that claimed to sell pizza, so we got one. It was some sort of non-bread with non-cheese and drained canned veggies on top. We were, like, six teenagers and we couldn't even choke it down. Awwwful.

I've had some non-great pizza in my life, but that was easily the worst.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Pizza is a wonderful creation.

Anyone else like slices of chicken breast in place of pepperoni and other meats? I'm not saying all the time, but I find it a great change.

Slices of chicken breast, and bruschetta. Dee-lish.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Pizza is a wonderful creation.

Anyone else like slices of chicken breast in place of pepperoni and other meats? I'm not saying all the time, but I find it a great change.

Slices of chicken breast, and bruschetta. Dee-lish.
    I'm a big, big fan of pepperoni and I get it almost every time I get a pizza. I'll get chicken on pizza when it's a "meat-lover's" setup. There's a place in Minnepolis called Dulono's that makes a pizza called "The American," which has hamburger, a mix of cheddar and mozzerella cheeses, and dill pickle slices ... and it is amazing.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    There are so many "pizzas" in LA that are salads on a slab of cardboard dough. These are lies, and what's worse, they are pizza lies. I don't understand changing something delicious and unhealthy into something bland and wooden and healthy. Just don't eat the unhealthy thing too often. Damned Angelenos.

I did so very love Old Chicago's dollar-slice nights back in Iowa. Salivating right now.

"The American," which has hamburger, a mix of cheddar and mozzerella cheeses, and dill pickle slices ... and it is amazing.
    ...I would not like that.

My favorite pizza at the nice place on my block is "The Trainwreck": mushrooms, spinach, green olives & fresh mozzarella. Very good.

The best pizza I've had in the city was at Chazz's and was a prosciutto with three cheeses, garlic, arugula and truffle oil.
    ...and the milk's in me.