Page 1501 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 501100114011451149114991500150115021503151115511601 ... LastLast
Results 37,501 to 37,525 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Kimmel: Because Cameos Equal Comedy

I admit to laughing at the Matt Damon green suit, even though it was an obviously easy joke. Also, Chastain's appearance proved that she can phone it in, so that was noteworthy.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    It wasn't terrible.

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Awards show funny to me. Something that hasn't really been done since they actually tried back in the MTV Movie Awards days.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    It wasn't terrible.
    Wow.

This was the first I saw it, and I'm going to have to disagree.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Not sure what you guys expected but it's typical late night comedy camp.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Let me remedy that unfunny video with this one, by someone who's way funnier than Jimmy Kimmel.

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Anything that involves Stephen Root saying "caca" is brilliant by definition.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Not sure what you guys expected but it's typical late night comedy camp.

That doesn't make it good, though.

It's not funny at all, ever. When comedy isn't funny, there's something wrong.

I thought Scar would laugh at this...

I'm really a terrible writer. It's a shame I'm doing so much of it lately. I've never realized how little I know about basic grammar rules until I started to prepare things for publication. Now I'm forced to care.

Do you have to capitalize the "c" when describing someone as caucasian? (e.g. A 31 year old C/caucasian female blahblah)

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    Do you have to capitalize the "c" when describing someone as caucasian? (e.g. A 31 year old C/caucasian female blahblah)
    Yes. Capitalize race names, e.g.: "African-American", "Hispanic," "Native American," "Caucasian."

AP style prefers use of terms like "black," "white," etc. In that case, you don't capitalize.

Edit: Also, A Grammar Book for You and I is good & very accessible if you're interested in the finer points on grammar.

Grammar Girl's Quick & Dirty Tips is an excellent weekly resource. There's also a podcast you can subscribe to.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    My sister has set me up on a blind date with someone that it turns out, I already know. Life is funny.
    My cat just decided to bite my face. That happened.

"Hey, how are-- what is that?"

"Oh, this? My cat decided to bite my face. How have you been?"
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Yes. Capitalize race names, e.g.: "African-American", "Hispanic," "Native American," "Caucasian."

AP style prefers use of terms like "black," "white," etc. In that case, you don't capitalize.

Edit: Also, A Grammar Book for You and I is good & very accessible if you're interested in the finer points on grammar.

Grammar Girl's Quick & Dirty Tips is an excellent weekly resource. There's also a podcast you can subscribe to.
    Why would I need that book if I have you guys?

I'm actually aware of Grammar Girl (she is frequently on All Sides with Anne Fischer on my local NPR station).

Thanks!

- - - - -
    Shaved off my beard. Bit shocking. Like somebody else looking back at me in the mirror.

Next week, I'm chopping my hair off. It's down my back, about mid-way. Long overdue. (Downside to living in the West and looking as I did was that far too many strangers assumed I was some kind of ultra-left-wing stoner hippie type).

To these fascinating bits of information I will add today's soda intake:

Three 12oz cans of regular Coca-Cola.

Focusing on job searching while struggling to re-open my unemployment claim has given me two weeks of near-constant nausea.

That moment when the girl you sorta have a crush on at school defends the ban on stem-cell research by saying 'well, maybe god intends those people to die.'

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    That moment when the girl you sorta have a crush on at school defends the ban on stem-cell research by saying 'well, maybe god intends those people to die.'
    That's when you know she's the one.

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    Jennifer Lawrence?

[/didn't read the post]
    I don't know who he was talking about, actually.

I have no idea to what you're referring, Madman. :|

[
    ]
    Mwhaha.

Keep us updated on your dad, Scar. Hope he's doing better.

led no one is perfect. However I guess even true love can't overcome a girl being okay with God letting people die horrible deaths that could have been prevented by science.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    led no one is perfect. However I guess even true love can't overcome a girl being okay with God letting people die horrible deaths that could have been prevented by science.
    Yeah, she's really nice (unless you have a terminal disease I guess) and really cool (we were bonding over our love of Frank Capra films the other day), so I'll continue to be her friend. But there's no getting past a discrepancy in views that extreme in a potential relationship.

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    Think of all the alimony you just saved!
    ...and the milk's in me.

Three 12oz cans of regular Coca-Cola.

I'm going to drink the rest of my A&W tonight.

- - - - -
    I'm going to drink the rest of my A&W tonight.
    Post again when you do.

Just so we'll know.

Coke Vanilla Zero btw is amazing. Too bad the 12 packs are $5 a piece.

Yeah, she's really nice (unless you have a terminal disease I guess) and really cool (we were bonding over our love of Frank Capra films the other day), so I'll continue to be her friend. But there's no getting past a discrepancy in views that extreme in a potential relationship.
    I'm sure that one day you'll find that special someone who is okay with saving people using science. Still I wonder how people with different political views make it work. My dad is a die-hard right winger and my mother voted for Obama in the last two elections-they've been married since the mid 1980s.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Since my surgery is tomorrow (eek!) I decided to have one last REALLY decadent breakfast. Went to my favorite local establishment - a cajun place run by a couple originally from the low country in Louisiana.

I also happen to know the owner so, it was a no brainer really. Ordered an andouille sausage and crawfish omelette and their biscuits and gravy (for their record, I'm pretty sure their B&G could cure cancer or at least bring about world peace. This should be tested).

When she found out I was having my surgery tomorrow, she was so touched that I chose to come THERE that she threw in some free beignets for the office and basically tore up my bill.

Gotta love knowing restauranteurs