Page 1496 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 49699613961446148614941495149614971498150615461596 ... LastLast
Results 37,376 to 37,400 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    So you're going to be one of those people in hazmat suits messing with Outbreak monkeys? Coooooooooool.
    Don't be silly. I'll be the one in an N-95 respirator who still winds up dying in some Minnesota shithole because a stupid bitch housekeeper sneezed into my Holiday Inn sheets.

But think of the possibilities! Years from now, they'll make a movie of your life, starring James Spader and Maggie Gyllenhal! Charlotte Rampling could play your Mom! And they'll call it THE CONCIERGE.
    You jest, but that movie was really romantic. I would totally pee on myself for James Spader circa Secretary.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    Don't be silly. I'll be the one in an N-95 respirator who still winds up dying in some Minnesota shithole because a stupid bitch housekeeper sneezed into my Holiday Inn sheets.
    Still classier than South Side Chicago or East St. Louis.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

- - - - -
    :lol:

that movie was really romantic.
    Agreed.

I would totally pee on myself for James Spader circa Secretary.
    I do not have the social skills to respond to this in a way that is not completely inappropriate.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Still classier than South Side Chicago or East St. Louis.
    Oh, uhhh....hi Scar. Did you, uh, get a new haircut or something? Looks good. Looks real good.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Haha what the fuck.

Whoever wrote this dogshit actually got a production going far enough to hold auditions.
    I am strange too.

Oh, uhhh....hi Scar. Did you, uh, get a new haircut or something? Looks good. Looks real good.
    Nah, but I need one.

Don't worry, I deal w/ some of the Minnesota shitholes. I'll be visiting Lake St tomorrow, a real 'gem'. But not nearly as classy as West Broadway.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

MPH program. I'll probably still be at OSU finishing it the next couple years. I'm going to the EIS conference in April to test the waters, see what I think of it and see if I want to apply to the CDC program after my MPH (assuming I'm accepted into either).
    I'm looking into an MPH as well. If I get a job at an academic place, I feel like I need to take advantage. What concentration are you considering? I'm leaning HMP or Biostatistics.

Quote Quoting Lucky (view post)
    I'm looking into an MPH as well. If I get a job at an academic place, I feel like I need to take advantage. What concentration are you considering? I'm leaning HMP or Biostatistics.
    Epidemiology. Fuck math.

Drinking at the Doctor Who bar for their second birthday and they have a "We love our regulars" free PBR special all night. I'm sorry Davis. I'm gonna go get drunk.

Drinking at the Doctor Who bar for their second birthday and they have a "We love our regulars" free PBR special all night. I'm sorry Davis. I'm gonna go get drunk.
    Free is the only price a PBR is worth, so I have no problem with that.

Go crazy, I sure as hell would. I'd really go crazy if it were High Life.

Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    Anti-hipsterdom has jumped the shark. People who constantly bitch and whine about hipsters have become as annoying, self-righteous and pretentious as hipsters themselves.
    I said this months ago. You know, before it was cool.

I'm drunk.

One of the bartenders invented a drink called The Mother of Dragons. Having my name totally helps.

I still like PBR, and I don't care who knows it.

Clearly I'm a hipster! Argh!
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

I received a package from my biological father yesterday containing the Ellis Island manifests and immigration information for my grandparents.

My grandmother's father was a Russian named Chaim Kaminkowitz from Minsk (then Russia, now the Ukraine). His name was Americanized to Charles Minkoff when he got here in 1905.

My grandfather's parents arrived from Radomisl (Russia again, though its hard to know under which flag it flies now) in 1910 and 1911 (he came a year early because she was pregnant with my grandfather). Their names were Menasche and Scheindel Zelaznik (the surname was Americanized to Selznick).

I'm shaking as i read all this. I've been looking for this information for such a long time. It's a treasure to finally have it.

I am actually kind of stunned. I had given up hope of ever getting this information. Now that I have it, I'm almost too eager to get into genealogy mode and see what I can dig up.

This is blowing my mind more than a little bit.

Quote Quoting Fezzik (view post)
    It's tremendous.

Really, that's amazing.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I kept hearing about Cabin Pressure and assumed it was a television show, but it turns out it's a radio show. As in, a scripted half-hour show with actors talking in front of a laughing audience. I didn't even know that existed anymore.

Anyway, I was intrigued enough to get the first season from iTunes, and it's actually hilarious. The cast is great.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Fezzik (view post)
    My grandfather's parents arrived from Radomisl (Russia again, though its hard to know under which flag it flies now)
    Wikipedia says Radomyshl is also in Ukraine. That's truly fantastic man.

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    Wikipedia says Radomyshl is also in Ukraine. That's truly fantastic man.
    Thanks

And yeah, there's a Radomyshl in the Ukraine, but we think the place they came from was a small village that may or may not exist anymore. I've heard Lithuania and Belarus are both possibilities as well. Makes no real difference to me in the end, though. I'm just glad I have something to go on!

As it should. I did kind of look up my family's genealogy when I was in the Scouts, but that was years ago. Its cool that you were able to find that information.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    Anti-hipsterdom has jumped the shark. People who constantly bitch and whine about hipsters have become as annoying, self-righteous and pretentious as hipsters themselves.
    The same goes for the ridicule against Comic Sans.

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Haha what the fuck.

Whoever wrote this dogshit actually got a production going far enough to hold auditions.

I'd laugh but he's a a douche-bag. Everything involving his twitter and youtube is him with his shirt off. Put a shirt on hardo.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?