Page 1488 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 488988138814381478148614871488148914901498153815881988 ... LastLast
Results 37,176 to 37,200 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    The idea that "tattoos/gauges/weird facial hair/baggy clothes = unemployable" is outdated in the 21st century.
    It's not outdated. It's misconstrued. I happen to like some of that look but no way would I be where I am today in corporate america if I ever dressed that way.

That's why i said fine arts which should also include entertainment/internet companies/
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    It's not an accepted look which would allow him to seek employment outside of minimum wage jobs and some form of fine art profession. Sad but true.
    You can get away with it on the coasts in any job that's not finance-related.

This is Harper Reed, who ran Obama For America's digital operation during the last election cycle:

https://www.google.com/search?q=harp...ed=0CAoQ_AUoAQ

Heh look at his shirt. He's the pure definition of a hipster.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Actually you can get away with in Vegas too.

I am SOFUCKINGHAPPY that there aren't very many pictures of me online from when I was in high school and college. I'd probably be a Look at this Hipster meme.

I am SOFUCKINGHAPPY that there aren't very many pictures of me online from when I was in high school and college. I'd probably be a Look at this Hipster meme.
    I was thinking about this the other day. I'm so fucking happy there wasn't: smartphones, youtube, twitter, facebook, <insert every social media connection here> when I was in high school. Every event would be blown completely out of the water....

His laptop is really annoying.
    letterboxd.

A Star is Born (2018) **1/2
    Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    The Sisters Brothers (2018) **
    Crazy Rich Asians (2018) ***
    The Informant! (2009) ***1/2
    BlacKkKlansman (2018) ***1/2
    Sorry to Bother You (2018) **1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***
    Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018) ***
    Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018) **1/2

I think having a picture of yourself on your clothes/accessories is incredibly tacky, hipster or not.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    That's why i said fine arts which should also include entertainment/internet companies/
    Wat.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I always thought I was just posting on a nerdy internet movie forum...but I'm engaging in fine art!

*sips wine and adjusts monocle*

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    I remember when I applied for a job on a TV show. The interviewer (and my eventual boss) was super-nice and helpful, and at the end he genially said, "Also, don't dress up like that again." I was wearing a tie with my button down and jeans.

I was clearly out of control.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    I remember when I applied for a job on a TV show. The interviewer (and my eventual boss) was super-nice and helpful, and at the end he genially said, "Also, don't dress up like that again." I was wearing a tie with my button down and jeans.
    Fucking California. I love wearing ties. But you can't put one on without somebody asking you if you're going to a wedding or a funeral (or, heh, applying for a new job).

It almost feels ridiculously formal, and goddamit, it shouldn't.

At my office, if a guy shows up with a tie and dress pants, we all crack jokes about where he's planning on interviewing during lunch. [
    ]
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Every guy wears jeans at my office. Even the directors. Ties are an anomaly. T-shirts are not uncommon, but people usually put more of an effort to be presentable and wear a polo shirt or a plaid shirt.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Meh. I just bought a bottle of Trappists Roquefort, a single bottle of which costs more than a case of High Life, another beer I quite enjoy. I have no problem with people liking any beer they like, no matter who makes it. So what if it's PBR?
    For some reason, seeing this post made me crave some Retsina. Can't imagine why, Jacques.

LOL, no doubt. Haven't had Retsina in ages....
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Wish the whole formal clothing thing would go away. At least tuxedos...those are the worst.

Quote Quoting elixir (view post)
    Wish the whole formal clothing thing would go away. At least tuxedos...those are the worst.
    I hear you. I'm sick of being forced to wear a tuxedo all the time. I shouldn't have to put on a bow tie and a cumerbund just to go to the supermarket.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    I'm bringing back the handkerchief over hair look. It was briefly acceptable in the 90's before going out again, but I recently determined that it is my favorite way to get my hair out of my face, especially when I'm doing something physical (cleaning, working out, gardening, etc.)

So I went out and bought bandanas, and I've started wearing them around the house. My roommate giggles every time.

Like so:

My wife does this, and she's absolutely fucking ADORABLE when she does. I love it, and fully approve of the comeback.

I am naturally waking up at 5:30 a.m. now. It's been pretty nice.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    My wife does this, and she's absolutely fucking ADORABLE when she does. I love it, and fully approve of the comeback.
    Same with Jess. Is good!
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    My wife and little sister bought floor tickets to Lady Gaga months ago, and have been counting down the days until the show, which is this Saturday. Or, at least, it was. She just cancelled their show due to an injury. My wife is near tears. Pretty sure my sister is crying, wherever she is.

I just badly scorched a pot of lentils.

This is not a good smell.
    ...and the milk's in me.

The definition of disappointing:

Wander into the Random Thoughts thread to find more than two pages of new posts. "Wow." I think. "They must have got into something really interesting!".

Go back to find that it is two pages discussing what a hipster is.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    The definition of disappointing:

Wander into the Random Thoughts thread to find more than two pages of new posts. "Wow." I think. "They must have got into something really interesting!".

Go back to find that it is two pages discussing what a hipster is.
    Did you not read carefully?

I BURNED LENTILS.

Don't even pretend important things aren't happening here.
    ...and the milk's in me.