Page 1480 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 480980138014301470147814791480148114821490153015801980 ... LastLast
Results 36,976 to 37,000 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

WTF Meg, is someone closing your loop?!

The fuck? While reading about how The Rock was in 3 Superbowl commercials this year, I found out that apparently last week he won Royal Rumble to become WWE champion again. Dude needs a vacation.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    The fuck? While reading about how The Rock was in 3 Superbowl commercials this year, I found out that apparently last week he won Royal Rumble to become WWE champion again. Dude needs a vacation.
    Nothing matters on this page other than party gifs.

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Meg's deleted posts have pushed Mara's post off PAGE 1234 !

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Um... all I can see is that it's claiming that Meg is deleting his own posts. It's beyond me. Ezee? 8?
    ...and the milk's in me.

I tried to e-mail Meg at the e-mail on his account and it bounced back. I'm concerned he may be hacked. I don't have a good way to contact him outside of MC.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    I tried to e-mail Meg at the e-mail on his account and it bounced back. I'm concerned he may be hacked. I don't have a good way to contact him outside of MC.
    I wonder if he didn't change his PW during the site migration....

HEY MEG if you can't log on to your account anymore, please shoot me an e-mail at maragirlmc at yahoo dot com and let me know.

EDIT: This was a dummy e-mail I set up so don't send anything there if you really need me.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    in leu of the insanity going on with meg I finally decided to change my password. I have no idea what's going on but it's insanity. Whatever it is is going back and deleting posts from all of february.

I think I could ban him temporarily? That might save his posts... but I don't want to do anything irreversible.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    his posts are recorded. I checked, we have a record of them right now.

Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    in leu of the insanity going on with meg I finally decided to change my password. I have no idea what's going on but it's insanity. Whatever it is is going back and deleting posts from all of february.
    Ditto. That's just creepy. It's like Meg's future self went back in time and interfered with his parents' first meeting.

I haven't seen any more of my posts go away but a good chunk of my January/February posts seem to be gone.

Seriously...is someone just messing with me here? Did I piss someone off?

I'm going to try to change my password after I post this.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I haven't seen any more of my posts go away but a good chunk of my January/February posts seem to be gone.

For safe keeping.

I really hope someone's not trying to 'make a point'.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Please do, and let us know what is up. I have figured out how to "undelete" but just one at a time. Where are most of your posts?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out how to get a list of the posts "you" had deleted. Piss off anyone vindictive lately?

EDIT2: I think all your posts should be back now.
    ...and the milk's in me.

This is TOTALLY how all my parties go, by the way.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Late to the party and the madness that happened. I don't see any deleted posts, just the avatar. I'm guessing everything's fine now?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I've only just now been able to post again. It kept telling me that I did not have the privilege post.

Honestly, was this a prank? Or did I piss one of the mods off or something?

I e-mailed Mara and never heard back, but the only possible explanation to me is someone here, on MC, was/is messing with me.

That's really the only possible explanation?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    That's really the only possible explanation?
    Enlighten us, since you seem to be an expert of message boards.

EDIT: Mara editing to mess around.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I've only just now been able to post again. It kept telling me that I did not have the privilege post.

Honestly, was this a prank? Or did I piss one of the mods off or something?

I e-mailed Mara and never heard back, but the only possible explanation to me is someone here, on MC, was/is messing with me.
    I just responded to your e-mail. I'll summarize some of the same points here:

I don't think there's any way a mod could have done this, even if they wanted to. (Which, why would they want to? We have pretty cool mods right now, except number8, and he has only sworn blood vengeance against KF.) If someone was using mod power to delete your posts, they would have been tagged as being deleted by that person, and instead they all claimed to have been deleted by you yourself. I don't think it's possible someone with mod powers could have signed in under your name, because when I realized what was happening I looked around pretty thoroughly for a possible explanation/solution, and there is zero password information, and zero way of remotely changing a password. A person can be banned, but they can't be impersonated.

My guess is that your particular account was hacked, either by a person or by a bot. The annoying (but seemingly random) behaviors could be a bot running a couple programs just to see what it can do under your name. Alternatively, is it possible that you left your account logged on somewhere and someone might have just gone on to mess with you? If this was a deliberate prank by someone at MC, I would consider that a very serious offense.

The privilege thing I don't have an answer for. It might be my fault, because it trying to alert the admins to the problem, I reported one of your posts, with a note explaining what was happening and asking for help. Would that have flagged your account? Or did someone put a hold on the account until we figured out what was going on?

In any case, the whole thing is very troubling. I would again STRONGLY recommend that anyone who didn't change their password with the new site do so.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Enlighten us, since you seem to be an expert of message boards.

Lets just say I doubt anyone was playing a prank on Meg. His account probably got flagged as a spammer (somehow) and was deactivated.

Just to double check, I deleted Scar's post above, and it immediately showed to me as "Deleted by Mara." I then undeleted it and edited it with nonsense, to check that it would show that it was me that did so, and it does.

(Thanks, Scar, hope that doesn't bug you.)
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    I
    The privilege thing I don't have an answer for. It might be my fault, because it trying to alert the admins to the problem, I reported one of your posts, with a note explaining what was happening and asking for help. Would that have flagged your account? Or did someone put a hold on the account until we figured out what was going on?

In any case, the whole thing is very troubling. I would again STRONGLY recommend that anyone who didn't change their password with the new site do so.
    No. It just would have sent a PM to the admin (and possibly an e-mail)