Page 1438 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 438938133813881428143614371438143914401448148815381938 ... LastLast
Results 35,926 to 35,950 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

It's all in the caffeine EvilShoe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    If you knew anything about my past, you'd know this is a really bad idea.
    We''ve been over this before, I find it really hard to believe Neeson's character in Taken is based on you.
    Last movies seen
    Frank: Good
    Mistaken for Strangers: Good
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Good

Last TV seasons watched

Treme (S04): Good
    The Legend of Korra (S03): Good

Currently reading
    This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Quote Quoting EvilShoe (view post)
    We''ve been over this before, I find it really hard to believe Neeson's character in Taken is based on you.
    "Loosely" based. Leaves a lot of room.

Voltage!!!
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    "Loosely" based. Leaves a lot of room.
    Yeah, a lot of people survived in those movies.
    "Listen man, it might be hard to understand, but
    Don't mourn the dead,
    Celebrate the life they gave"
    - Kashmir "Seraphina"

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    When you're kidnapped and tortured by the Chinese mafia, I'll get the last laugh.

I don't know who you are or what you want. I'm not a rich man. But my career has given me a certain set of skills. If you let Evilshoe go now, that will be the end of it. If you don't, mark my words, I will write a strongly worded blog about this.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    When you're kidnapped and tortured by the Chinese mafia, I'll get the last laugh.
    He dropped off just after posting that last comment. I'm assuming Shoe is now enjoying his studies at a Chinese "re-education" camp.

Quote Quoting Brude (view post)
    He dropped off just after posting that last comment. I'm assuming Shoe is now enjoying his studies at a Chinese "re-education" camp.
    One can only hope.

It's all in the caffeine EvilShoe's Avatar
    Look guys, it has been my lifelong dream to do stand-up comedy for the Chinese government. Don't believe the lies the western media are feeding you.
    Last movies seen
    Frank: Good
    Mistaken for Strangers: Good
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Good

Last TV seasons watched

Treme (S04): Good
    The Legend of Korra (S03): Good

Currently reading
    This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

- - - - -
    Look guys, it has been my lifelong dream to do stand-up comedy for the Chinese government. Don't believe the lies the western media are feeding you.
    Ni hao ma, motherfucker!

Who the hell needs the rest of the internet when you have Match-Cut?

- - - - -
    Okay, are people THAT bummed vabout the Hostess thing?

I've seen countless FB and twitter posts about those shitty snacks in the last few days, not to mention dumbass "articles" for the legit press.

I honestly don't get it. I have a major sweet tooth and I always thought Hostess was freakin nasty.

I think it would be perfectly OK if humanity evolved beyond Twinkies.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Okay, are people THAT bummed vabout the Hostess thing?

I've seen countless FB and twitter posts about those shitty snacks in the last few days, not to mention dumbass "articles" for the legit press.

I honestly don't get it. I have a major sweet tooth and I always thought Hostess was freakin nasty.
    Apparently the plants will still be operating in Canada. So.... I guess if you really wanted one of their products, you could always get them.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Very strange night tonight.

Went out with a friend who, first of all, has this uncanny ability to interrupt me in the middle of something I'm doing to spontaneously ask me to join her in some varied activity and I always find myself utterly powerless to say no to her. Today I had just eaten some soup, was on my second load of laundry and had just dropped my dishes in some water when she texts me to meet her for dinner and to see The Sessions. I refuse to see The Sessions with her because I anticipate awkward sex scenes and so we opt for Argo.

Anyway, so I agree only to find out she's literally on her way to the restaurant at that moment. Amidst my grumbling I agree to meet her because, like I said, I'm powerless to her coercions and I dislike the idea of her eating at a sports bar by herself. I'll just get a couple beers and pick off her plate.

She wants to go to Champps so we sit at the bar and unfortunately it's game day for OSU, an already obnoxious experience made doubly obnoxious by the fact that the game is super close and goes into overtime. While we're sitting there, a very attractive man with two friends sits down next to us at the bar. He's with a couple of hideous people who don't include him in conversation and when they do they interrupt him after about 3 seconds so they can keep talking. It's painful to watch. We're contemplating how to rescue him when it happens without any effort as he interrupts us to join our conversation about Breaking Bad (I'd gotten my friend to start the show but the end of Season 3 traumatized her and she's had a tough time getting back to it). I fall half in love with this man as we talk Breaking Bad cause it's obvious he loves the show.

That is until he confesses to us that he's a recovering drug addict. 11 months and 13 days sober. He was, as he puts, a "table addict", meaning he'd abuse anything that was put down in front of him. Why he would tell this to someone he's known for approximately 6 minutes is beyond me. In subsequent conversation he makes fun of me for using the words "half-life" and "microcosm" and deduces I must be a teacher. As we leave, my friend actually gives him her card (she's a drug addiction and mental illness counselor) in case he "ever gets into trouble".

We walk across the street to see Argo and a few rows back in the theater is a 70+ year old Korean war vet who is clearly hearing impaired because anything he says can be heard 9 rows down. How do I know he's a Korean war vet? Because he wore is garrison cap. To a movie theater. When someone dares ask him to be quiet he says to his mate "HE WANTS ME TO SHUT UP." I'm sure he didn't mean to shout it but he did because he's fucking deaf. I'd be annoyed if it weren't incredibly hysterical that the theater is being terrorized by this geriatric war vet.

To top it off, I stop for gas on the way home and the lady in front of me at the counter, who is the drunkest person that I've ever seen in my life (and it's only 9:45), is trying to pay for Coors and Pall Malls entirely with stray quarters. As I'm prepaying for my tank I have to stop and assist her when she takes a solid minute trying to find the second strap to put on her knapsack-purse-thingy and it's clear she won't be able to manage it without assistance. When I inquire "You're not driving are you?" she laughs her beer stained breath in my face, taps me on the cheek and says "You're cute". Then stumbles out the door.

Argo was good, btw.

- - - - -
    I knew that guy was no good the moment he said he liked Breaking Bad.

I knew that guy was no good the moment he said he liked Breaking Bad.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

- - - - -
    :lol:

I think people are mostly bummed that all the predictions of twinkies being the only food to survive an apocalypse not going to come true.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

It strikes me a little strange that a recovering drug addict would like Breaking Bad. Wouldn't he want to distance himself from that sort of thing?

If he's only been sober a year, he was probably already hooked on the show while still using.

Quitting BB is harder than quitting drugs. Unless you think the show is mediocre, in which case you're probably always on drugs.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I've got really good taste in things.

I can tell the difference between a Matisse and a Picasso. Sight unseen.

One time someone tried to trick me by giving me Grape Fanta and telling me it was fine wine. I could tell the difference almost immediately.

That's not a Bugatti, it's an antique unicycle!

I have a feeling we are headed for a string of shamefully deleted posts in Winston*'s future.