Page 1387 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 387887128713371377138513861387138813891397143714871887 ... LastLast
Results 34,651 to 34,675 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Whatever Qrazy...
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Out of curiosity, is this the type of dismissive one-liner in response to a lengthy post that you were referring to earlier?
    Ha you think that's dismissive? No. I was referring to your obvious black/white emotionless reasoning that is reflected on your post history. Cause and Effect - "Irish brought it upon himself, therefore he left as a result". No biggie. Doesn't matter to me.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

The real world scares me. The wonderful world wide internet opens its arms and embraces the socially awkward penguin that I am.

Plus, if it wasn't for forums, I doubt I would be living in California. I would still be back in *shudder* Minnesota.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    Eventually enough will move on that we'll close up.
    :cry::cry::cry:
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Raiders is just acknowledging that in some amount of time, be it 5, 10, 15 years, should current trends continue, there will be a continued decline until this becomes one of those forums where four posters and six old-timer lurkers make one or two posts a week and it's just not worth maintaining. There is, I suppose, a possibility that everyone active right now will be active as they are now until we all start dying of old age, but that's just realistically not what's happening.

Bummer to see Irish go. I was just thinking about how glad I was that he was a presence on the board.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    You don't owe Irish an apology. You owe MC an apology for losing a great poster.
    Oh for fuck's sake. Give it a rest.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    I know what Raiders is saying but you guys are like a second family to me. I've known you guys since the troll-free days of RT, and if it wasn't for you all, I wouldn't be the movie nerd that I am today. For this unit to disperse would be a sad day.

Then again, I'm one of those guys who normally never says anything about movies/TV for the fear of getting criticized. I do have a favorites list with commentary planned, but even formulating that has come to be tough, and with work picking up, who knows when I'll come out with it. But that's beside the point. The point is, I love you guys, and I'd miss you.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Oh for fuck's sake. Give it a rest.
    So you're ok with members leaving one by one? Give that a rest? FOR FUCK'S SAKE IS RIGHT!

“What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

So you're ok with members leaving one by one? Give that a rest? FOR FUCK'S SAKE IS RIGHT!
    No, your 'crusade' of blaming Qrazy for the departure of Irish. That is what you need to give a rest.

No, your 'crusade' of blaming Qrazy for the departure of Irish. That is what you need to give a rest.
    That post was like an hour ago. Where've you been?

Why can't people leave less dramatically?

That post was like an hour ago. Where've you been?
    Working.

Thomas Kinkade. The painter of Godzilla.

Ha you think that's dismissive?
    Yeah, you want dismissive, we could talk about last year when you posted the "Madman" Inception meme after every other post the guy made whether it was ridiculous or not. But I guess that meme was funny, so it was okay to use it repeatedly for months even after people told you it was no longer funny.

Moral of the story - examine your own behavior here before makiing absurd claims and demanding apolgies from someone for singlehandedly causing someone to leave. I take as much responsibility for Irish leaving as anyone. I gave the guy shit about his opinions all the time, but i also tried to engage him in discussion. As we saw, those discussions often turned ugly. Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut more often. Maybe I should have made it clearer that I respected the guy even if his opinions often sounded loony to me. It sucks he's gone, but this is a community that normally makes people feel welcome. the few times people feel ostracized enough to leave, it's on all of us BUT it also has a lot do with that individual, his/her time commitments, the stresses in his/her life, etc. It's 98% male, there's going to be shittalking and silly memes, maybe some you don't like (just like your posts of teens getting beaten up or that teen bride don't strike the fancy of everyone here), but for the most part, everything blows over. If someone takes things too personally for too long, it's going to catch up with them. Fortunately, a large majority of the time, larger than most internet boards I imagine, the original posts were not meant to be hurtful or make the receiving poster feel unwelcome. So stop blaming people for doing the same kind of things a lot of us do here and get back to posting as normal. If you want MC to be around for 20-30 years, that's the best any of us can do.

EVERYONE

eat my boogers

[youtube]UxAC2MWnMYc[/youtube]

Eat my road, grit liver lips!

Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    Yeah, you want dismissive, we could talk about last year when you posted the "Madman" Inception meme after every other post the guy made whether it was ridiculous or not. But I guess that meme was funny, so it was okay to use it repeatedly for months even after people told you it was no longer funny.
    So is that what you remember most of me? Posting that picture five times? ( twice in the 28 Days Discussion Thread, once in the Super 8 thread, Once in the Critereon thread and once in the MLB thread towards a RedSox comment (The RedSox one might have been more than once because if anyone says anything bad about the RedSox I explode by knee-jerk reaction) I guess that's relateable here. Have I done it since? Is it something that maybe I realized wasn't funny and I should stop and therefor did? Totally relateable here. Btw, that was between December 2010-Feb 2011.

Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    Moral of the story - examine your own behavior here before makiing absurd claims and demanding apolgies from someone for singlehandedly causing someone to leave. ....snip... So stop blaming people for doing the same kind of things a lot of us do here and get back to posting as normal. If you want MC to be around for 20-30 years, that's the best any of us can do.

The funny thing, I did apologize to him. His response was "I'm just being old and grumpy" (paraphrase)... I think the fact that it's been over a year since I've posted that is an example of me examining my own behavior. I like MM a lot. I read his blog regularly. I thought we were friends when I posted it so when I found out it was bothering him, i PMed him (or even apologized publicly, don't remember). Buy hey, that's totally the same situation as we have right now isn't it? Minus one regular member and I'm the only fucking person on the forum sticking up for him after he's gone. But great example. You hit the nail on the fucking head there. But hey, at least you took some responsibly. Progress....

Alright, I'm done with Match Cut.

Thanks a lot duke. This is all your fault.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    Alright, I'm done with Match Cut.

Thanks a lot duke. This is all your fault.
    Hey! Are you going to apologize first?
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Fine. I'll shut the fuck up.

Avril Lavigne is engaged to Nickelback's Chad Kroeger. Somebody call somebody. How is this not illegal?
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Was he a sk8r boi?

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Avril Lavigne is engaged to Nickelback's Chad Kroeger. Somebody call somebody. How is this not illegal?
    But more importantly, the internet has naked pictures of Prince Harry. I can't believe we've spent the day discussing anything else.
    ...and the milk's in me.