Page 1321 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 321821122112711311131913201321132213231331137114211821 ... LastLast
Results 33,001 to 33,025 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting Sven (view post)
    Headphones. Equally "asshole-making." I'm sure you guys don't indulge.
    I use headphones all the time, but I typically avoid accepting calls when I'm in public unless it's something urgent. That's what texting is for. I keep one pair in my backpack and one in my car.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    That's such a Qrazy statement although I tend to side with him a tad. It's become very obnoxious how people can't go a moment without looking at their phone when you sit down with them at dinner, or meet them at a bar etc. I realize your phone made a noise, but is it really imperative you read the notification at that very moment? It's insulting they can't enjoy your company and need to resort to burying their face in their phone.
    One thing I find extremely annoying just in regards to phones in general (not smart phone specific) is when you're on the phone with someone and they get another call that they then have to take simply because they have an incoming call. If you are expecting an important call that's one thing, but usually it's just because their phone is ringing that they feel compelled to answer it.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

I rarely, if ever, actually talk to people on my cell phone and when I do it's usually for less than thirty seconds. Thank God for texting and mobile devices with email/instant messenger. It makes the world a much better place for curmudgeonly anti-phone talkers like me.

Then again, I rarely text people, either. I'm beginning to suspect that I'm just a friendless loser. Damn.

Getting married in t-minus 1 hour and 12 minutes.

I'll wear my bluetooth headset so I can live webcast it for you guys.

Also feel free to PM me your cell #'s so I can text you through each stage of the ceremony. I'll try to grab a few pics too, and instagram 'em.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Getting married in t-minus 1 hour and 12 minutes.

I'll wear my bluetooth headset so I can live webcast it for you guys.

Also feel free to PM me your cell #'s so I can text you through each stage of the ceremony. I'll try to grab a few pics too, and instagram 'em.
    LOL.

Actually, you should start a Kickstarter to help pay for it.

Never eat Oats that have a pleasant, sweet and flowery smell.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    I've only had a smartphone for about a year and I'm glad I have it. I probably only text maybe 5 or so times a day and get a phone call on it maybe once a week but it comes in quite handy at work when I'm in my work truck killing time and I have the internet to keep me company.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Apparently Levon Helms is in the final stages of cancer.

Quote Quoting Sven (view post)
    Apparently Levon Helms is in the final stages of cancer.
    well that's the most depressing thing i've heard today.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Is this the new Friday video?

[youtube]__HeE6NWmDE[/youtube]
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Its more so that I hate cell phones in general. There's something wrong with people being able to get a hold of me whenever they want. Sometimes I don't feel like answering, or I'm doing something more important at the moment.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    Its more so that I hate cell phones in general. There's something wrong with people being able to get a hold of me whenever they want. Sometimes I don't feel like answering, or I'm doing something more important at the moment.
    This is sort of what I hate about cell phones too but not that anyone can reach anyone at any time. I hate that people feel compelled that just because someone is calling them that they HAVE to answer. You can ignore phone calls. It's really easy and I do it on a daily basis and then I call people back when I'm ready/willing/able to talk. But no, they MUST pick up. They think they are being polite by telling me to hold on a second when they interrupt me speaking in order to answer the phone. Even if it's just "hey, I'm in with the doctor right now let me call you back". It was really necessary to answer the phone to say that? You couldn't just call them back and say "sorry I missed your call earlier"? How is that any different then if they had called you at home and you weren't there? Jesus H. Christ this annoys me so much.

My point is: you own the phone, the phone doesn't own you. It is not a requirement that you answer so I don't see the point in hating cell phones for a problem that has nothing to do with the phone itself and everything to do with how you use it.

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    well that's the most depressing thing i've heard today.
    He's 71... I mean bummer for him but he's lived quite a long life.
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    This is sort of what I hate about cell phones too but not that anyone can reach anyone at any time. I hate that people feel compelled that just because someone is calling them that they HAVE to answer. You can ignore phone calls. It's really easy and I do it on a daily basis and then I call people back when I'm ready/willing/able to talk. But no, they MUST pick up. They think they are being polite by telling me to hold on a second when they interrupt me speaking in order to answer the phone. Even if it's just "hey, I'm in with the doctor right now let me call you back". It was really necessary to answer the phone to say that? You couldn't just call them back and say "sorry I missed your call earlier"? How is that any different then if they had called you at home and you weren't there? Jesus H. Christ this annoys me so much.

My point is: you own the phone, the phone doesn't own you. It is not a requirement that you answer so I don't see the point in hating cell phones for a problem that has nothing to do with the phone itself and everything to do with how you use it.
    I agree but it goes even beyond that though these days. There's almost a social expectation at this point that people can a hold of you at any instant and when they don't they pitch a fit. I have a number of contacts who if I call them back 24/48 hours later they'll be all pissy about it. Sometimes even if it's an hour later. 'Why wasn't your phone on?' Because I turned it off and I have no obligation to speak to you at any and every instant for fuck's sake.
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Quote Quoting Qrazy (view post)
    I have a number of contacts who if I call them back 24/48 hours later they'll be all pissy about it.
    I would get really annoyed with that. I don't answer my phone when I'm busy or at work, and if I'm doing something where I don't want to be interrupted, I turn it off. If I'm calling someone, I expect them only to answer if it's convenient for them.

It's like the entire world has become some overclingy, weirdly possessive significant other. What are you doing right now? How about now? What are you thinking about? Why aren't you answering me?

SPACE. IT'S A THING WE NEED.

Can I also talk about how much I hate the Lady Gaga song "Telephone"? "This is a distaster"? Seriously? IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE INTERRUPTED, TURN OFF YOUR PHONE, YOU STUPID, STUPID WOMAN.

Do any of you garden?

We think we need to put in a rabbit-proof fence at our new community garden plot, but are trying to avoid a gate (because they're expensive and easy for rabbits to get through) but I'm short and can't step over much. Anyone have words of advice?

Y'all are overexaggeratin.'

But then again, half of you guys say that you get one phone call a week anyway.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Y'all are overexaggeratin.'

But then again, half of you guys say that you get one phone call a week anyway.
    Either that or they're all acquainted with the most useless, inconsiderate people on the planet.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Can I also talk about how much I hate the Lady Gaga song "Telephone"? "This is a distaster"? Seriously? IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE INTERRUPTED, TURN OFF YOUR PHONE, YOU STUPID, STUPID WOMAN.
    That's what makes the song awesome.

FIXED

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Either that or they're all acquainted with the most useless, inconsiderate people person on the planet.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Do any of you garden?

We think we need to put in a rabbit-proof fence at our new community garden plot, but are trying to avoid a gate (because they're expensive and easy for rabbits to get through) but I'm short and can't step over much. Anyone have words of advice?
    Are there seriously rabbits in the middle of Baltimore?
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Quote Quoting Qrazy (view post)
    Are there seriously rabbits in the middle of Baltimore?
    Oh, yes. This is heavy rabbit country. I guess they're probably not too plentiful in the mean streets (where the rats live) but I live right next to Patterson Park, a 137-acre park with trees and grassy hills and a pond. The community garden plot is there, along with 25 other garden plots, and so of course it's rabbit heaven.

Oh, yes. This is heavy rabbit country. I guess they're probably not too plentiful in the mean streets (where the rats live) but I live right next to Patterson Park, a 137-acre park with trees and grassy hills and a pond. The community garden plot is there, along with 25 other garden plots, and so of course it's rabbit heaven.
    Sheeeeeeeit.

Well you'll probably want to build it with chicken wire, go into the ground and then aim for three feet high or so.

Here's a loose guide I found. When in doubt err on the side of caution, go a bit deeper and a bit higher.

If you don't want a gate and you can't step over then I would suggest something like this.

Build two hollow wooden versions of this shape and put them on both sides of the fence and then put a board across them so you can walk into the garden. When you're done in there just move the respective pieces apart so the rabbits can't use them to get in. Might also want to build some grooves so that the top board catches on the other two stair pieces so it's a bit more secure.
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+