Page 1226 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 226726112611761216122412251226122712281236127613261726 ... LastLast
Results 30,626 to 30,650 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    It's my new favorite. Love that show and guy, so much.
    I'm tempted to actually seek out that show, but I'll settle for the funny Internet memes of it for now.

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    Hopefully the live versions of the tracks off The King of Limbs are better than the studio versions. Man, talk about a clicky-clacky disappointment.
    Nah, it was a good album. They can't always do In Rainbows or Ok Computer or Kid A every single time, you know :P

Radiohead was on The Colbert Report a while back, and in addition to playing material from King of Limbs they also played The National Anthem live. It was pretty radical.

Awesome looking place you've got there, number8.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

back from a wedding weekend in charleston, sc. from the moment i got there i just felt like i fit. such a cool, laid back, artsy town. i'm always on edge and i was completely relaxed down there. i really regretted leaving.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    back from a wedding weekend in charleston, sc. from the moment i got there i just felt like i fit. such a cool, laid back, artsy town. i'm always on edge and i was completely relaxed down there. i really regretted leaving.
    Yeah, Charleston really is a nice quaint, easy-going place. I'll be there for Thanksgiving as a matter of fact.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    PETA is the Fox news of animal rights.

Just ordered tickets to Seattle for a conference January 5-7. I'll be out there a day or two earlier. Do any of the MC Seattle-ites wanna get together for coffee/beer at some point?
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Quote Quoting dreamdead (view post)
    Just ordered tickets to Seattle for a conference January 5-7. I'll be out there a day or two earlier. Do any of the MC Seattle-ites wanna get together for coffee/beer at some point?
    Yep!

I'd love to hang out. What kind of beer do you like? I can play a cool night out.

Yep!

I'd love to hang out. What kind of beer do you like? I can play a cool night out.
    Honestly, I have less an a beer aesthetic than I likely should by now; I've found some good ales and sweeter beers, but nothing I can name right now. Sarah's more of a mixed drink kind of girl. We're not board gamers, alas, but we'd be up for a night out.

And Sarah and I are foodies, and would welcome recommendations of low-key but tasty restaurants that you frequent, too... The conference is largely being held at the Washington State Convention Center, so if you're familiar with that area, that's the general area that we'll be in (I haven't visited Seattle since '97)...
    The Boat People - 9
    The King of Pigs - 7

Hey, I'm here too! I'd love to chill.

Honestly, I have less an a beer aesthetic than I likely should by now; I've found some good ales and sweeter beers, but nothing I can name right now. Sarah's more of a mixed drink kind of girl. We're not board gamers, alas, but we'd be up for a night out.

And Sarah and I are foodies, and would welcome recommendations of low-key but tasty restaurants that you frequent, too... The conference is largely being held at the Washington State Convention Center, so if you're familiar with that area, that's the general area that we'll be in (I haven't visited Seattle since '97)...
    I try to keep my beer drinking and board-gaming hobbies separate these days. Beer drinking is serious business.

I can definitely hook you up with some good places to eat. You can be up in First Hill or Cap Hill quickly from that area. Sven lives up in that direction, too. Also, the Belltown area, while trendy, has some great places to eat and drink.

We all need to hang out. Unfortunately, Sven and I haven't had a chance to get together in far too long.

We definitely want to have time to visit with you and Sven. I'll PM you two when we're closer to heading out and try to establish some tentative plans...
    The Boat People - 9
    The King of Pigs - 7

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    Yeah, Charleston really is a nice quaint, easy-going place. I'll be there for Thanksgiving as a matter of fact.
    i'm jealous. i'm already trying to figure out how soon i can get back there. and it definitely needs to be for more than three days next time.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

We definitely want to have time to visit with you and Sven. I'll PM you two when we're closer to heading out and try to establish some tentative plans...
    Excellent. Another addition to the ever-expanding list of MCers I've met in person.

I really think Minerva McGonagall is the unsung badass of the Harry Potter world.
    ...and the milk's in me.

nightmare investigator monolith94's Avatar
    Really? Unsung? I've always been under the impression that she was fairly well-loved by a whole lot of people.

Personally, I found her character a bit dull and one-note.
    "Modern weapons can defend freedom, civilization, and life only by annihilating them. Security in military language means the ability to do away with the Earth."
    -Ivan Illich, Deschooling Society

Naw, she's superawesome.

Especially in the books, she is underappreciated by the lead three. They tend to think she's stuffy, but Rowling throws hints out at the reader that she's much more subversive and funny than they realize.
    ...and the milk's in me.

There are no other Texans on Match-Cut.

:sad:

In other news, I caught a pair of theater-jumpers tonight, and threw them out by the scruff of their necks like a boss.
    thefilmistreturns.wordpress.com

Impossible. Meaningless.

Yeah, I get the idea that she's funnier and more subversive than they supposedly realize, I just don't think she's all that funny/subversive anyways. I just don't see it.
    "Modern weapons can defend freedom, civilization, and life only by annihilating them. Security in military language means the ability to do away with the Earth."

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Quote Quoting BuffaloWilder (view post)
    There are no other Texans on Match-Cut.

:sad:
    As far as I know, there's no other MCers here in Nashville, either.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

There were a couple other MCers in Iowa, but they've all wised up and gotten the hell out except for me :lol::sad:
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Lone Coloradoan here. bac0n and I were gonna meet up, but was a busy weekend for the both of us.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    There were a couple other MCers in Iowa, but they've all wised up and gotten the hell out except for me :lol::sad:
    The Mike's still there, he just doesn't post anymore.

Since we're on the subject, I'm not very familiar with where everyone is from. Anyone else in the Chicagoland area?

Nope.

I'm from the Boston area. I think Ringo lives in New Hampshire. And Raiders and Duke live not too far away probably.

Raiders lives near Baltimore and moi. Benny lives in Philadelphia, Number8 lives in Brooklyn, Winston* lives in New Zealand, ETM lives in Montenegro, KF lives in Michigan.
    ...and the milk's in me.