Page 1217 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 217717111711671207121512161217121812191227126713171717 ... LastLast
Results 30,401 to 30,425 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Dialed in the .25-06 today. 1/2" low at 50 yards, 1/2" high at 100, basically dead on at 150 yards. From my stand, my typical shot is 75 yards, so I'm definitely good to go. Deer rifle opener is this Saturday. Plan on hunting Saturday, Sunday, Monday, then head home on Tuesday.

Thought about dialing in the AR-15, but I think I'd be disowned if I brought that into the woods to hunt deer.
    Went to a rifle club's visitors day a couple weeks ago. 1000 yard range. Out of the five shots they gave me on their 6mm, I put two in a three inch spread in the X. In the rain. I out shot my hunter brother-in-law. Felt high the rest of the day. I wish I could afford that hobby, but those guys were hardcore.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Went to a rifle club's visitors day a couple weeks ago. 1000 yard range. Out of the five shots they gave me on their 6mm, I put two in a three inch spread in the X. In the rain. I out shot my hunter brother-in-law. Felt high the rest of the day. I wish I could afford that hobby, but those guys were hardcore.
    1000 yards? Most impressive. I'd like to take my 25-06 out to one of those, as well as my 22-250.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

A manager just called from the floor above me to ask if that was me coughing.

This cold has been especially sucky.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Bought some discount Halloween candy at the grocery store today. Why weren't Almond Joy pieces invented when I was a kid? Om nom nom.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    1000 yards? Most impressive. I'd like to take my 25-06 out to one of those, as well as my 22-250.
    It was ridiculous. Beautiful range, though. You need a freakin' telescope to see the other end. They estimated there was about 25 feet of drop on the bullet for that distance. That's one hell of an arc.

Complaining does work sometimes:

Bank of America is dropping its planned $5 debit card usage fee after widespread customer complaints.

"In response to customer concerns and the changing competitive marketplace, Bank of America no longer intends to implement a debit usage fee," the company said in a statement. "We have listened to our customers very closely over the last few weeks and recognize their concern with our proposed debit usage fee,” said David Darnell, co-chief operating officer. “Our customers’ voices are most important to us. As a result, we are not currently charging the fee and will not be moving forward with any additional plans to do so."
    According to a person familiar with the company's plans, JPMorgan Chase (JPM, Fortune 500), the country's biggest bank, has decided not to charge customers for debit card purchases. The decision follows a test of the fee the bank began in two states in February. That test will be dropped in November.
    Wells Fargo (WFC, Fortune 500) also announced late Friday that it is canceling the debit card fee tests it was planning to introduce in five states. Customers in Georgia, Nevada, New Mexico, Washington and Oregon will no longer see a $3 debit card fee that was scheduled for statements beginning on Nov. 15.
    Other banks that are cancelling: Suntrust, TD, Regions.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Still giving lots of thought to moving to a credit union. F WF in the A.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Complaining does work sometimes:

Other banks that are cancelling: Suntrust, TD, Regions.
    It was more than just complaining - people were threatening to (and, in many cases following through on the threats) pull their money out and join a CU. In the last month or so, BECU in Seattle has seen a huge influx of customers.

In our society, the only voice we have is found in our wallets.

Wow, Spotify has made a small boom in popularity over the past month. I used to have it linked to my Facebook and only had a handful of friends on it. Re-linked it today and now my list is over thirty.

I don't like having stressful, frustrating, or frightening dreams, but I love that moment of flooding relief when you wake up and realize it didn't actually happen.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I hate that moment when I wake up, and realize the awesome dream I've been having didn't actually happen.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    I love dream-life, even when it's a nightmare.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    I love dream-life, even when it's a nightmare.
    I dreamed I took out a $6,000 loan from the bank at 17.5% interest to pay off a bribe. It sucked.
    ...and the milk's in me.

That reminds me of the book I'm reading at the moment in which one of the main characters has narcoleptic delusions.

I attempted to teach myself to lucid dream recently and I had very meager success. Every time I realized I was in a dream, I would spend about 30 seconds in the dream going "AWESOME! YES! WHOO-HOO!!!" and then I'd wake. Frustrating.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    I dreamed I took out a $6,000 loan from the bank at 17.5% interest to pay off a bribe. It sucked.
    I once dreamt that I kicked open the doors to a library and started slow-motion ninja-kicking all the patrons, because they were all kung-fu assassins in secret.

I'm lucky in that my dreams aren't usually mundane.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    I'm lucky in that my dreams aren't usually mundane.
    Sometimes mine are, sometimes they're not. It's a potluck.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I recently had a dream where strangers were breaking into my apartment, no matter how locked-down I had it. I spent much of the dream searching for a secret door they were using. It was more comical than scary.

Also had a dream where Earth was being invaded by aliens who spoke to me telepathically. They sounded a lot like the "Assuming direct control!" aliens from Mass Effect 2.

Director
    Still going to buy a Powerball ticket but every time I do I go to this site and simulate playing the same numbers for 10 years.

Average return is like -95%.

http://www.cockeyed.com/citizen/poke...mulator100.php

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    I don't like having stressful, frustrating, or frightening dreams, but I love that moment of flooding relief when you wake up and realize it didn't actually happen.
    This doesn't happen to me. I just continue to experience a sense of crushing anxiety and despair for a good while after the nightmare ends.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

i dreamt last night that kim kardashian and one of her sisters pushed me into lake erie and i hit my head on a rock or something and had a serious concussion. later kim tried to hook up with me and i turned her down. i'm mad at my dreamself.

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    i dreamt last night that kim kardashian and one of her sisters pushed me into lake erie and i hit my head on a rock or something and had a serious concussion. later kim tried to hook up with me and i turned her down. i'm mad at my dreamself.
    Yeah, you should've pushed her into Lake Ontario and had her head hit a drum of sewage waste. Escalation and all that.

I've definitely become a very boring person if my dreams are to be believed. My bad dreams used to be about fantastic supermonsters, or giant spiders. A couple nights ago I had a bad dream that I bought 1% milk instead of 2.

This man is my hero.

Movie Theater Diary

:lol: That's the definition of a street poet.