Page 1957 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 9571457185719071947195519561957195819591967 ... LastLast
Results 48,901 to 48,925 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    I hope people don't freeze down there. Texas isn't equipped to handle that kind of weather.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    bringing their charcoal grills into their house or running generators inside the home.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

He also mentioned driving a front wheel drive rental car ‘in circles’ around all these spun out lifted trucks. Very few 4x4 vehicles, and those that are have bald / wrong tires. No hats, winter coats, etc.

Doesn’t hurt to prepare for the odd catastrophe.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Can't lie, if I lived in Texas I seriously doubt I would have considered the idea of a snow storm, or even more, sustained freezing temperatures.

Awful situation.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Growing up in Minnesota you get all the seasons, sometimes in the same week. I’m sure living in the south, the idea of this kind of weather was a borderline myth.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Growing up in Minnesota you get all the seasons, sometimes in the same week. I’m sure living in the south, the idea of this kind of weather was a borderline myth.
    Same here. Especially this winter, it has been so odd. We had a green Christmas, then by New Years we had 4 feet of snow and it was -20. A week later nearly all the snow was gone.

We are currently on day 2 of a 5 day dump.

I need to find something I can grab when i got the munchies - something that, unlike chips and crackers, actually sates my appetite, is easy to just grab out of the pantry/fridge and throw in my face, and doesn't phlegm me up like dairy does. Anybody have any ideas?
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    I need to find something I can grab when i got the munchies - something that, unlike chips and crackers, actually sates my appetite, is easy to just grab out of the pantry/fridge and throw in my face, and doesn't phlegm me up like dairy does. Anybody have any ideas?
    Nuts?

- - - - -
    throw in my face
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Nuts?
    []

That's un-appropriate.

I get these from Costco. 1:00 in the microwave. Not fancy eating, but pretty good for a late night snack.

On game night I make my own trail mix.

Usually roasted peanuts, raisins, and M&Ms or Unreal.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Trail mix, granola.

Scallops... >;-)

I'm surprised I'm not dead with my diet.

Trail mix, granola.

Scallops... >;-)
    Good idea on the scallops - I could satisfy my cravings, then five minutes later evacuate my entire GI system through the nearest exits!
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

I’m here to help!

*looooong whistle*

THE STATE’S ELECTRICAL GRID IS AT A CRITICAL STAGE AND ERCOT SAYS THEY ARE IN JEOPARDY OF LOSING THE GRID. ALL UTILITIES, INCLUDING CPS, WILL BE AFFECTED.

• ROTATING OUTAGES WILL BE INCREASING IN BOTH LENGTH AND FREQUENCY.
    • CRITICAL CIRCUITS WILL NOW EXPERIENCE OUTAGES. THERE IS A VERY HIGH PROBABILITY THAT ALL CUSTOMERS INCLUDING CRITICAL CUSTOMERS SUCH AS HOSPITALS WILL BE AFFECTED.
    • WE HAVE NO CERTAINTY OR ABILITY TO PREDICT DURATION OR FREQUENCY OF OUTAGES DURING THIS CRITICAL STAGE.
    • RESTORATION EFFORTS HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL THIS EMERGENCY SITUATION HAS IMPROVED.
    • PLEASE REDUCE YOUR THERMOSTATS TO A MAXIMUM OF 62 DEGREES

CUSTOMERS ARE BEING ASKED TO IMMEDIATELY CONSERVE ELECTRICITY AND NATURAL GAS. CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO SEE A LOSS OF WATER, AS WATER SYSTEMS RUN ON ELECTRICITY. WE ARE TRYING TO MAINTAIN THE INTEGRITY OF THE GRID AND AVOID A ERCOT-WIDE BLACKOUT. CUSTOMERS CAN STAY UP-TO-DATE ON THE CPS FACEBOOK AND TWITTER PAGES AND CAN ALSO MONITOR POWER OUTAGES AND REPORT THEM ON THE OUTAGE MAP AT OUTAGEMAP.CPSENERGY.COM/

JFC

OMGWFTBBQHSBFMA

The state isn't doing a good of managing those critical circuits though.

Ridiculous.

For all the times we talked about going to live with Scar when the apocalypse hits, who wouldve thunk hes gonna come live with me. I gots the power, bruv

Just another winter in Minnesota, skitch....

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    The state isn't doing a good of managing those critical circuits though.

Reminds me of Fallout: New Vegas.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter