Page 1915 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 91514151815186519051913191419151916191719251965 ... LastLast
Results 47,851 to 47,875 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

BD Wong can do no wrong. Surprised to see Ricky Martin is still such a fox.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

So I’m sitting on the couch, watching old man Meeko wander around the house (13 year old Keeshond that’s slowing down/nerve issues in the back half). Well, just as he goes out of sight I hear a crash from the kitchen. I leap up and get in the kitchen in about one bound. He’s just standing there looking at me. The noise wasn’t Meeko wiping out, it was Scarette’s purse falling off the table.

Fuck me, my heart rate hasn’t spiked like that in years.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Lemme guess, Meeko aka Mr. Floofs was smiling from ear to ear.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    There has been several times I hear a kid screaming like they've lost a finger or an eye and I come sprinting...

...just to find they decided to scream bloody murder for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON AT ALL. They look at me smiling, like, what? haha just trying things out.

Fuckin' kids, man. I lose a few years every time shit like that happens.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    So I’m sitting on the couch, watching old man Meeko wander around the house (13 year old Keeshond that’s slowing down/nerve issues in the back half). Well, just as he goes out of sight I hear a crash from the kitchen. I leap up and get in the kitchen in about one bound. He’s just standing there looking at me. The noise wasn’t Meeko wiping out, it was Scarette’s purse falling off the table.

Good boy Meeko.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

btw duke, life hack...have another kid asap.

Otherwise you will have to be kid #1s playpal. TRUST ME. It sounds cute, but its easier to have the out of "go play with your sibling".

Or just do what I did - have two girls.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Yeah. Two.

Random tech question for anyone. I have a Logitech G502 mouse, and it's been wonky for a while lately. Two of the buttons are supposed to be set for page up/down, but they constantly just...stop doing that and instead switch to back/forward, so the webpage I'm looking at and trying to read suddenly goes back a page. Very annoying. I have to close down Logitech Gaming Software and reopen it, and then it resumes working. Logitech also started using this whole other program, G HUB, that I guess also has to be running? I dunno, but in that program, you can also set keys (why are there two programs to set the same keys in? the former program can already set different keys for different programs [Microsoft Word, a browser, etc.]), and I found the page up/down keys in G HUB set to forward and back, so aha I thought. Maybe there's a discrepancy between the programs and it's shorting out sometimes or something. So I fixed these particular mouse keys to be page up/down in both programs. So far so good.

But now.....when I'm viewing any webpage that can scroll up and down, the mouse buttons for page up/down jump like two or three times as far as they used to. Like on reddit one click will send me sailing past like three other threads or images. I have no idea why it started doing this, didn't do it before. Fucking software shit gah. Any ideas?

EDIT: Wait a goddamn minute. Do you think it's jumping twice as far because both programs are set to page up/down and it's getting twice the direction? The software couldn't be this fucking stupid right!?
    Last edited by Wryan; 06-11-2020 at 03:11 PM.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Okay so I closed G HUB to see if that did anything, while keeping the other program open. Now when I went to click the mouse button for page down...the print window opens!?!? Jesus save me. So I went back into the gaming software program to find that my profile was just royally fucked up. I dunno how it happened, but I suddenly had profiles I don't recall making and the defaults were weird as hell. Sigh. So I redid my profile to my settings and saved it and I think that fixed it. For now. Will have to see what happens if/when I ever reopen G HUB.

You can scroll past me at your leisure. I'm mostly talking out loud at this point to work through it.

--Homer

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    btw duke, life hack...have another kid asap.

Otherwise you will have to be kid #1s playpal. TRUST ME. It sounds cute, but its easier to have the out of "go play with your sibling".
    It's a work in progress.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    It's a work in progress.
    HA! Practice makes perfect

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    There has been several times I hear a kid screaming like they've lost a finger or an eye and I come sprinting...

...just to find they decided to scream bloody murder for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON AT ALL. They look at me smiling, like, what? haha just trying things out.

Fuckin' kids, man. I lose a few years every time shit like that happens.
    Wait till they drive away in the middle of the night. With your car.

Quote Quoting kuehnepips (view post)
    Wait till they drive away in the middle of the night. With your car.
    Ive got one that just started driving a month ago.

I have always been fascinated by mega-tsunamis. Add 'terrified' to that list. It seems the largest recorded mega-tsunami in history was not long ago. Not long ago at all.

It occurred in 1958 in Alaska in a place called Lituya Bay. At its highest point, the wave was as tall as...1720 feet. That's 524 meters. That's nearly twice the height of the Eiffel Tower.

That's unfathomable. Can you imagine such a thing bearing down on you? That's higher than whatever wave Hollywood ever conceived.

The Petronas towers below are 451 meters high.

[+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    I have always been fascinated by mega-tsunamis. Add 'terrified' to that list. It seems the largest recorded mega-tsunami in history was not long ago. Not long ago at all.

It occurred in 1958 in Alaska in a place called Lituya Bay. At its highest point, the wave was as tall as...1720 feet. That's 524 meters. That's nearly twice the height of the Eiffel Tower.

That's unfathomable. Can you imagine such a thing bearing down on you? That's higher than whatever wave Hollywood ever conceived.

The Petronas towers below are 451 meters high.

It's hard to put in perspective that height and the damage from the wave.

What is that pic supposed to be showing Duke? That red is the high-water mark?

--Homer

Red is where the landslide occurred. Yellow is pointing to the the dead treeline caused by the mega-tsunamis.

From mega tsunamis we go to child names. Elon Musk's infant son goes by the name X AE A-XII. I wonder how the boy feels about that.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

So far he doesn't feel shit. He doesn't even know what a name is.

Where's our interview with Kal-El Cage? Has he grown up normal?

Cancel culture really needs to go away.

When you know you'll always have older puppers in the house:

EDIT: there's a step or two from the house to the garage. Meeko's back end is going, and this is helping him getting in and out of the house. It was all black, and that scared the shit out of him. A little high vis paint, and he's like, "Oh, there IS something there!".

EDIT 2: And I've given up on cleaning the exterior of the garage / house door. Dogs pawing / jumping at it to come in just isn't worth the effort.
    Last edited by Scar; 06-17-2020 at 11:36 PM.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Poor puppy.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Cancel culture really needs to go away.
    Depends on what is getting canceled. Some things deserve to get canceled.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    Depends on what is getting canceled. Some things deserve to get canceled.
    Wrong. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. Absolutely. If you don’t like something, you don’t have to watch/read/listen etc. to it. But fuck you for censoring it for everyone else, and silencing voices you don’t personally agree with.

Edit: this is a general “you” I’m referring to, I’m not yelling at you personally.
    Last edited by TGM; 06-18-2020 at 11:14 AM.