Page 1820 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 820132017201770181018181819182018211822183018701920 ... LastLast
Results 45,476 to 45,500 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Figured it was obvious the last line was in jest.

Guess I'll use a smilie next time?
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

They were joking too.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    The good news is Jose is downgraded to Cat 2 and looks to veer off into the Atlantic
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Lost a tree in the front yard, but otherwise everyone's fine here, and the place isn't in as bad a condition as after Hermine last year. Still need to see how my home in Tampa fared.

Great news. Are you in a flood zone in Tampa? Or are you setback from the water?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Great news. Are you in a flood zone in Tampa? Or are you setback from the water?
    My place was marked as being just within a flood zone. I know some businesses in the vicinity have already said that things are fine where they are, though, so I'm still hoping for the best.

Awesome.

Even better news TGM. Really glad that everything seems to have faired OK for you.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Made it home. Happy to report that all is well here, and we've got power. Really appreciate the well wishes, guys.

Right on!

[read in arnold schwarzenegger voice] Excellent.

Made it home. Happy to report that all is well here, and we've got power. Really appreciate the well wishes, guys.
    Happy to hear it.

I'm in Atlanta and haven't had power since yesterday afternoon. :-/

Ugh Devin Faraci is back.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Very Nice. (Also in Ahnuld voice)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Ugh Devin Faraci is back.
    Boy, the PR damage this is doing to Mondo and Alamo has been surprisingly swift (Todd Brown immediately quit Fantastic Fest after being their programming director for 10+ years). I question whether Faraci is that good a buddy for Tim League to tarnish this very successful brand by dying on the hill of one guy.
    Movie Theater Diary

Nobody knows WTF you're talking about 8. How about some context?

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Nobody knows WTF you're talking about 8. How about some context?
    Devin Faraci, known cinephile / asshole from CHUD, Badass Digest (ugh), and Birth.Movies.Death (owned by Alamo Drafthouse, which is run by Tim League), was dumped from B.M.D last year after he copped to allegations of sexual assault (after presenting himself as modern "woke" man). It's been 11 months, and Tim League has him back working at Alamo, albeit on a more limited and less visible basis. This has upset a lot of people, because even preceding the sexual assault, Devin Faraci enjoyed harassing people - often filmmakers - through Twitter and online forums, so the assault allegations were more like final confirmation that he shouldn't be working in this field.

Tim's playing up the decision as giving a friend a second chance, but other people are asking why Alamo didn't simply hire someone who's (a) a better writer and (b) not a known asshole and sexual assaulter.

I'd ask why Tim ever threw in with Faraci, but I guess Faraci has some clout leftover from the early days of online film criticism. Writers I like (Meredith Borders, Siddhant Adlahka, Film Crit Hulk) work at Birth.Movies.Death, which Faraci built, and worked there while he was running the show.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    It's been 11 months, and Tim League has him back working at Alamo, albeit on a more limited and less visible basis.
    According to this THR article, the "back" and "second chance" narrative is disingenuous. He never actually left the company:

Another programmer at the company who focused on the Austin market tells The Hollywood Reporter that he quit last March after seven years with the company, with the handling of the Faraci incident — which he says was falsely characterized in League's statement — being a "significant factor" in his decision.

"Devin's new position was not initially announced internally so it's difficult for me to say with exact certainty when he began in it. But it was clear he was around, being cc'd on emails and such, within a month of his leaving BMD. After a number of employees expressed concern/outrage, an internal announcement was made much in the same spirit of Tim's Facebook post, that he was 'doing the work' and deserved forgiveness and a second chance...I don't feel that a single month or less is long enough to properly reflect on, atone for and change such long standing behaviors."
    Movie Theater Diary

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    According to this THR article, the "back" and "second chance" narrative is disingenuous. He never actually left the company:
    Welp, this is some dispiriting BS.

A few steps backward for Alamo Drafthouse for sure. Seems like it could be a liability factor too.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Pressure works.

Movie Theater Diary

That was quick.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Went to a Saturn electronics store in Berlin today, and stumbled across a whole bunch of Disney Infinity figures in a bin, most €2 each... My friend and I got 10 Marvel and SW figures for €23. We both got Yondu, Obi Wan and Poe Dameron, he also got Rocket Raccoon and Drax the Destroyer, and we also got two SW: Rebels figures for friends.

- - - - -
    Turns out Harry Knowles is a groper ... and Tim League / Alamo knew about it and did nothing.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/09/har...se-1201878971/

I've had a rather blissful fifteen years or so not thinking about Harry Knowles.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer