Page 1938 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 93814381838188819281936193719381939194019481988 ... LastLast
Results 48,426 to 48,450 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Spam message from TracyHow.
    Someone beat me to the ban.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Banned.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Someone beat me to the ban.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Admit it. For just a second, it was me you were going to ban wasn't it?

"All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Admit it. For just a second, it was me you were going to ban wasn't it?

I got the PM too.

I got it too

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    Spam message from TracyHow.
    I only got it on my old account. Guess that bot sent it to people with lots of posts or whatever.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

I feel ever so slightly ashamed that I have recently become addicted to the show Botched.

Also, if there was ever to be a movie made about Dr. Nassif and Dr. Dubrow, I would want them to be played by Tony Shalhoub and Bradley Whitford respectively.

Please describe your personal experience with elementary grade level sports. Please include year of birth.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Please describe your personal experience with elementary grade level sports. Please include year of birth.
    Not really any recollection. Think it was pitching machine still. Didn't think it was at all serious until 6th grade

'83

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Hmm I played YMCA soccer and baseball as a kid back in the 1990s. I quit soccer a year or two before I would have moved on to middle school, and I enjoyed baseball a lot.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

1984, played soccer, football, baseball, basketball and hockey. Tried them all. Stuck with baseball and soccer K-12. Added back in basketball my senior year in high school after a 10 year gap. Winter track (in the winter) to keep me in shape for Lacrosse in the spring in my final two years in High school.

Soccer and baseball as a little kid. Then got into Jiu-Jitsu at about 10 years of age.

Once beat the fastest kid in my grade in a 100m dash. One of the proudest moments of my young sporting life.

Was very good at high jump as well. Made it to regionals in grade 8. Came in 3rd.

Broke my back in 5 places at age 14 and that was the end of all sports for me. Lost all desire to watch/follow them as well.

My wife and I had very different experiences. She was born in '85, me '79. Her experiences were I guess normal. She played a few sports, was part of the team, worked hard, had fun.

I played soccer all through grade school. I did okay, but never scored a goal. I sat out a lot (sometimes entire games) so the coaches kid could play full time. My middle school and high school were in same facility. I switched to golf in 7th grade, and was constantly called a fag for it. At competitions, the high schoolers would walk up the fairway and stomp my ball into the ground and laugh with our competition. I didnt play golf the next year, and was called a fag for it, because the cool kids started playing.

They arent allowed to have football because of the Amish, so basketball is king. The basketball team was mostly the school bullies that roam the halls like a gang. I was a frequent target. Then I grew like 11" in one calendar year, and remained a frequent target because I didnt want to play with a bunch of assholes.

I have never felt like part of the team. I view this idea as Hollywood rom-com nonsense. It's a frequent discussion as she keeps putting our kids in sports and it annoys me. She says it teaches teamwork, physical skills, and social growth. I told her all it taught me was to fucking hate everyone.

Edit: sorry to sound like a bitter bitch, I was just curious if anyone else actually had fun.
    Last edited by Skitch; 11-19-2020 at 10:57 PM.

Born in 1972

Baseball: parents signed me up for Little League baseball for a few years, didn't really care for it, wasn't any good at it either. I got plunked in right field and spent the entire time out there hoping no one would hit a flyball my way.

Basketball: parents signed me up for one year or so in 7th grade, didn't care for that either, cuz despite my height, I can't shoot for shit. Boy, were we bad. Don't think we won a single game, and frequently, the home games had more parents from the opposing teams than from ours. I remember one year there was an exhibition match pitting the 8th grade boys basketball team against the girls. The girls won, decisively. Several of the boys were crying out of embarrassment and frustration.

Soccer: now, soccer I enjoyed, but the seasons were too damn short, on account of how cold it got in Minnesota towards the end of October. My favorite position was midfield, cuz I got the run of the entire field, and all I needed to do was kick the ball to the forwards. I remember one year we had a goalie who was an absolute dynamo. That was fun.
    Last edited by bac0n; 11-20-2020 at 04:41 PM.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

I only played basketball for fun with my friends. When I was in elementary school my buddy and I would play tackle football against each other for fun. Then halfway through middle school I lost my nerve, mostly due to injuring my knees on gravel.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

Born in 1984. Played t-ball and coach-pitch baseball in kindergarten and first grade, didn't love it. Played basketball in second and fifth grade. Wasn't very good. Played soccer at various times up until eighth grade. Had fun with that. In eighth grade there were only enough kids in our age group in that particular league to make one big team. We'd practice together and then every Friday night split into two teams and play. Different rosters every time. It was pointless but fun. We won our district (of course), went to some regional tournament and got our asses kicked due to lack of having played any real competition. Ultimately I wasn't the biggest fan of team sports as a kid. I didn't enjoy what I considered being yelled at by grown ups.

All through elementary and middle school (and a little bit of high school) I was on the neighborhood swim team. Every June a bunch of subdivisions in my area fielded teams and had meets every Tuesday and Thursday. Was a blast. I was a pretty good backstroker. I won most valuable swimmer in my age group my last season but it was only because when I showed up we had enough kids in the 15+ age group to field a relay team and none of the other neighborhoods had four boys in that age group, so it was free points no matter how slow we swam.

In high school I played one season of lacrosse. My school didn't have a team but four of us were allowed to join the team at a bigger high school nearby. I had fun but the team was terrible and I really didn't know what I was doing. Was kind of a lark.

My main thing was Cub/Boy Scouts, which I was in from first grade until I turned 18. It was awesome.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Born in 1985. Played recreation soccer on two different teams (coed, girls travel) from 8 years old until I was 12. Did rec softball (girls) from 8yrs til I was 16. Joined youth league candlepin bowling when I was 10 years old against my will and luckily only did one year. Started figure skating when I was 6 and did private lessons until I was 12. Got bored one winter, so I played Rec hockey when I was 14. All were great for making friends since I was homeschooled.
    Last edited by Mal; 11-21-2020 at 12:33 AM.

Can you guys text my uncle Matt 3302043530, tell him happy birthday, and the Steelers are pussies without the refs. Thanks Phillip Fry you can stay out of this

Can you guys text my uncle Matt 3302043530, tell him happy birthday, and the Steelers are pussies without the refs. Thanks Phillip Fry you can stay out of this
    Done.

Done.
    response?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

response?
    He says he's on his way over to kick my ass. I gave him Scar's address.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Lolz.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

response?
    "OK whatever you say whoever you are thank you very much I like a bunch of pussies"

"OK whatever you say whoever you are thank you very much I like a bunch of pussies"
    LOL thats what he sent to me too. Hes an ass