Page 1869 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 869136917691819185918671868186918701871187919191969 ... LastLast
Results 46,701 to 46,725 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

I’m hoping like hell that all my extra time put in and willingness to help on all those extra projects will get me my 10 cent raise this year!!
    Last edited by megladon8; 02-08-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Yeah, us public school kids either luck box into a decent job or you're fairly fubar.

Saw this posted on God’s Facebook page (which, if you don’t follow, you really should!

Some jerk attacking the idea that minimum wage workers shouldn’t be able to pay for cost of living, and gets absolutely DESTROYED.

I really, really wish people like this would just go away.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Was hanging out at a friend's house yesterday (they're a couple), and enjoy their company very much, and it's always kind of them to invite me, but lately the wife's gotten into personality tests and stuff, and it's just getting weird to me. I've taken a few tests of hers, under the auspices of fun and curiosity, but she actually kept the tests in a manila folder, and one of them in particular is this thing about your personality "color," so there was this whole conversation about, wow, that was really blue of you, I bet she's an orange, that's interesting that you're a mix of green and gold, etc. And it wasn't until today that I started to realize how strange that is. Played along and kept it light, but... I just feel super-weird about it now. It makes me want to spend less time with her, and we've been friends for a few years now without any speed bumps. The prudent move is to just offer a polite pass the next time she recommends one of those tests, but just feel sick to my stomach at the moment. I don't want to be limited or gamified by people who care about me. There's a strange power element to it that I'm not digging at all. "Now I can compartmentalize you." etc.

Yuck.

To me there’s little to no difference between that and “you’re such a Virgo. I don’t like Virgo’s”

Soon they're going to invite you to a dinner party if you catch my drift

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    "Now I can compartmentalize you." etc.
    I've always thought that people who get fixated on Horoscopes or stuff like the one you describe are unsure about their place in the world so they want to delve deep into a pseudo-science that tells them now they can know everybodys.

Quote Quoting Neclord (view post)
    Soon they're going to invite you to a dinner party if you catch my drift
    I'm picking up either orgy or time-share.

I'm picking up either orgy or time-share.
    I'm smelling world altering cult action.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I'm smelling world altering cult action.
    What is it about world-altering cults that they always commit some sort of idiotic group suicide to achieve their ends? Is it because that way you never have to live with the disappointment of not altering the world? I guess that would be sort of an anticlimactic finish.

What is it about world-altering cults that they always commit some sort of idiotic group suicide to achieve their ends? Is it because that way you never have to live with the disappointment of not altering the world? I guess that would be sort of an anticlimactic finish.
    Thats not the cult I meant. I meant the one that rises up and kills all the non-believers. Then hangs a lantern.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Thats not the cult I meant. I meant the one that rises up and kills all the non-believers. Then hangs a lantern.
    Well, I do live right next to the Hollywood Hills, so that'd be a good place to--OH MY GOD

And so, the story of DaMU passed into legend.

I've been thinking on this deeply, and have come to the conclusion that cheesecake is the best type of cake/cookie/dessert ever invented.

Cheesecake > pie > cake > tart > cookies > gelato > icecream > frozen yogurt > doughnut > mousse > pudding > pastries > custard > jelly

Chocolate and candy are not comparable.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I'm surprised you have ice cream so far down the list. That would be neck and neck with something else for my #1.

Jelly sucks.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Count me in the pie>cake group, as well!

Give me a pie loaded with delicious fruits over a piece of cake any day.

Pie > cake, yes, that is a stone fact.

What kind of pie though?? When you think cake, you have barely any options; chocolate villain and maybe, red velvet if you're cool. You have a billion pie options to choose from and some pie is definitely not better than any cake. Example, lemon meringue pie is not better than any cake.

Ok, maybe I'm over-thinking this.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Lemon meringue is one of the best pies. You speak balderdash and lies.

Pumpkin, cherry, blueberry, apple, pecan, key lime, field berry, coconut cream, banana cream, sugar pie...

When it comes to cake I like vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting.

Ok, you made my mouth water just reading "pecan"....... No cake has that effect.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Ok, you made my mouth water just reading "pecan"....... No cake has that effect.
    A lot of people don’t like it, I find. Many say it’s too sweet.

Oh well. Their loss. More for me and Duke.

Pumpkin Pecan Pie.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I'd put Mexican tres leches cake against any pie in the world.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    I've been thinking on this deeply, and have come to the conclusion that cheesecake is the best type of cake/cookie/dessert ever invented.
    Once again, sir, you are 100% correct. Next is pumpkin pie, then maybe carrot cake tied with several ice creams. Other than that, I'll pass.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    What kind of pie though?? When you think cake, you have barely any options; chocolate villain and maybe, red velvet if you're cool. You have a billion pie options to choose from and some pie is definitely not better than any cake. Example, lemon meringue pie is not better than any cake.

Ok, maybe I'm over-thinking this.
    Well, I classify brownies as cake, so there is a big plus. Not to mention carrot cake, mud cake, banana bread (it's cake, don't fool yourself), gingerbread (ditto!), red velvet, muffins and cupcakes (all cakes, people!) etc. If anything, cakes get a raw deal. Yes, pies are more various and just better, but cakes are not to be sniffed at.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64