Page 1784 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 784128416841734177417821783178417851786179418341884 ... LastLast
Results 44,576 to 44,600 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Live and die by the three for the Warriors. If they shoot it above 40% like in two of their three wins, they'll get it. The first win is almost kind of a fluke because of Livingston coming out of nowhere.

The last couple games show the Warriors as not being able to handle any type of inside game and throwing up ridiculous shots. I figure they'll be more strategic this game. Should be good.

It's made me interested in basketball again, so that's the biggest plus.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I'm torn. I hated it when many Cavs fans burned LeBron's jersey when he left previously. However I've lost all respect for Curry after his Game 6 meltdown and I now think that Green is a dirty player. I do like LeBron. I'm also amused and bummed that there are at least two ex-Suns players involved in this series (well Kerr was their GM, too).
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Also I watched as much of the Sharks as possible this playoffs. Bummed that they lost the Cup but proud they made it. Whenever your team makes a title round you always try to watch. Damn my night work schedule. I'm lucky I have Sunday off.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    I'm torn. I hated it when many Cavs fans burned LeBron's jersey...
    That was two idiots that everyone locally said were ridiculous, the guys on the news that were bawling and saying crazy things were local shock jock radio guys playing a prank, and I still see both bits get national run.

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    I'm torn. I hated it when many Cavs fans burned LeBron's jersey when he left previously. However I've lost all respect for Curry after his Game 6 meltdown and I now think that Green is a dirty player. I do like LeBron. I'm also amused and bummed that there are at least two ex-Suns players involved in this series (well Kerr was their GM, too).
    I'd lose my shit too after that call.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

The only thing that annoys me is how Curry chews on that mouthguard.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Cleveland wins. Two words so rarely put together they invented the internet just to make it a remarkable announcement.

I watched the Finals with remove last night. That led to a sense of non-victory, as I'm legitimately conflicted in yearning to see Northeast Ohio validated as home to some really great teams that never quite hit at the right time even as I wanted Golden State--at the beginning of the playoffs--to win it all to establish themselves as the greatest ever.

As it stands, there are few things more exciting than that LeBron block to keep the game tied. His willpower here was amazing, and what a great final game in the midst of a noncompetitive (in terms of final game scores) series. Wish I could drive into Akron today to see the celebration (Sarah and I were there the day that LeBron announced his return in 2014, and there was such jubilation in the city that day).
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Everyone I talked to today is enjoying the win. Its a great feeling. That three and half minutes or so at the end of the game when it was tied and no one was scoring, we were freaking out. Jubilation when the clock showed zero.

I don't have too many personal superstitions, but I firmly believe that after a night of bad insomnia it is necessary to launder all the sheets and blankets from the bed to "wash the sadness off."
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    I don't have too many personal superstitions, but I firmly believe that after a night of bad insomnia it is necessary to launder all the sheets and blankets from the bed to "wash the sadness off."
    I should try that approach.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I should try that approach.
    It worked! I slept!

My brain gets sneaky and aggressive with me; I get sneaky and aggressive right back.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Two seconds away from finalizing purchase on the RATM revival tickets when I realized that it's the same weekend as a music festival I already bought tickets to. This is true rage.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Meh. I like Chuck D, but I'm not all that excited to hear ZDLR-less Rage... I'll just keep spinning the albums.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Last Saturday I went to see a Jack Garratt concert and there was this dude holding up a big "Marry Me Jack" sign throughout the whole show not that far from where I was standing which I found funny because what a fucking weirdo. I just found out today that the weirdo was actually Aaron Paul. Dammit.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Congrats Skitch.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

That Game 7 was amazing. Good for Cleveland.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Mara, I succumbed... I downloaded and watched a pirate video of "Hamilton".
    Even seen like that it is mesmerizing. The cast have so, so much fun every time.

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    Mara, I succumbed... I downloaded and watched a pirate video of "Hamilton".
    Even seen like that it is mesmerizing. The cast have so, so much fun every time.
    Oooh, I have mixed feelings that this exists. On the one hand, it is inexcusably rude to be taping a live theatrical production on your phone. On the other hand, so few people are going to have the opportunity to see this show the way it should be seen. And you can't exactly rip off a show that has made, approximately, all the money.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I can't wait to see the official recording of Miranda's last performance... one day.

But this is surprisingly good for what it is - except for a few moments where the person moved the camera away and you can just hear the show, he did a pretty good job following the action and it seemed that it was not a phone, but something with decent zoom capabilities. It's also 1080p, and someone even added subtitles for the entire show, and synced it.

I have SO MUCH work to do, yet Dina and I watched it all perhaps two times over. It's amazing when you connect the purely visual cues to what you could only hear before...

This is the time of year when fresh salmon goes on sale in my area and I buy huge amounts of it and eat it every night. And after a few days I worry that I will get tired of eating salmon every night, but I never do.

MMM SALMON
    ...and the milk's in me.

Every few years I get frustrated with my life and threaten to move to Alaska, and "proximity to all the salmon" always figures heavily into this fantasy.
    ...and the milk's in me.

A couple of years ago I had an impossible roommate who, among other things, couldn't cook worth a damn. I made salmon one night and offered some to her, but she got really weird and put her portion back in the oven for another, like, thirty minutes. She thought that salmon shouldn't be "so pink" and "shouldn't move", i.e., that if the flesh was still soft and the flakes were slipping against each other it wasn't properly cooked.

She burned it to cardboard and then ate it (!) happily. I still think about this sadly from time to time.
    ...and the milk's in me.

That's like me when I see people eating raw Nutella with a spoon, like savages.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    A couple of years ago I had an impossible roommate who, among other things, couldn't cook worth a damn. I made salmon one night and offered some to her, but she got really weird and put her portion back in the oven for another, like, thirty minutes. She thought that salmon shouldn't be "so pink" and "shouldn't move", i.e., that if the flesh was still soft and the flakes were slipping against each other it wasn't properly cooked.

She burned it to cardboard and then ate it (!) happily. I still think about this sadly from time to time.
    You don't need that in your life.