Page 1855 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 855135517551805184518531854185518561857186519051955 ... LastLast
Results 46,351 to 46,375 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    People who live in 2018 and still don't trust banks and/or don't know how to use a credit card (the greatest gift to man).
    I was out of town at a multi day music festival last week where a lot of the vendors were cash only, and I didn't wanna pay the exorbitant ATM machine fees, so I carried with me a few hundred bills.

In short, people have their reasons. The only one who deserves any blame here is the thief.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

When I travelled in Australia, I worked mostly in cash too because of the credit card fees with each purchase.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

MatchCut - victim blaming for the win!

I enjoy seeing matchcutters become older and curmudgeonly like me. Finally. No context. Random thought.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I enjoy seeing matchcutters become older and curmudgeonly like me. Finally. No context. Random thought.
    Get the hell off my lawn, Skitch.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Get the hell off my lawn, Skitch.
    ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

I am shocked at the large number of high school people on Facebook who 1) still live in the same city; and 2) are Facebook friends with like everyone who we went to high school with. I mean I'm Facebook friends with actual friends I had in high school, but I'm always surprised to see such a large number who seem to have friended like everyone. Am I weird for thinking that? Is that normal and I just don't realize it? There weren't many people in HS that I hated or anything like that, but I wouldn't say I needed to be Facebook friends with my entire class. For many, I don't really need to know what's going on in their lives. They're living theirs, I'm living mine. Shrug. I dunno.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    I am shocked at the large number of high school people on Facebook who 1) still live in the same city; and 2) are Facebook friends with like everyone who we went to high school with. I mean I'm Facebook friends with actual friends I had in high school, but I'm always surprised to see such a large number who seem to have friended like everyone. Am I weird for thinking that? Is that normal and I just don't realize it? There weren't many people in HS that I hated or anything like that, but I wouldn't say I needed to be Facebook friends with my entire class. For many, I don't really need to know what's going on in their lives. They're living theirs, I'm living mine. Shrug. I dunno.
    How many people were you in your high school class? (or school for that matter?)
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    You're not weird for thinking so. It's an odd thing to me when people's lives tend to settle into place at such a young age. I had a graduating class of 400 in a high school of 1600. I'm friends with maybe 20 of them on Facebook. Wish the rest of them the best, sincerely, but don't really have an active interest in what they're doing. Paths diverge.

My class had maybe 150-200 people in it. It was a private Catholic school. Wasn't gigantic, but I damn sure know everyone didn't get along with everyone.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

I'm small town Ohio, so my class was tiny and we all practically were together since first grade. I still agree with you Wyran.

I use Facebook to keep in touch with high school people I will never see again.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Doing a gifting thing for the holidays this year cause my boss is turning 40 and asked if everyone could help get some gifts for 40 kids in need, etc. I selected a nine-year-old boy who simply asked for "anything Superman!" Any good ideas for a nine-year-old boy who wants Superman toys/miscellaneous paraphernalia? I'm gonna start researching.

--Homer

Oh my god I found this: https://www.amazon.com/Komar-Kids-Su...=Superman+toys

Shit, I want that.

--Homer

Hahah that's an amazing gift.

If Jimmy and 20th Century Fox wont do it, find yourself someone that will.

Damn, you guys seen this?

Says it's not available in my country.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Can't find any other video with the whole thing. It's Ellen Page interviewing Brazil's candidate Bolsonaro who has a strong anti-LGTB agenda. I still can't believe this fascist is going to be the next president of Brazil.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Can't find any other video with the whole thing. It's Ellen Page interviewing Brazil's candidate Bolsonaro who has a strong anti-LGTB agenda. I still can't believe this fascist is going to be the next president of Brazil.
    Seems like more right wing governments are happening these days.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Just made my last student loan payment, and it feels so good.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    high five! I made my last one when I got my tax return back last May. I paid over $180k overall since September 2002.

high five! I made my last one when I got my tax return back last May. I paid over $180k overall since September 2002.
    Jesus Christ. Our loans are zero interest, which is nice.

Nice, man! That's huge that you got through that much in 16 years.