Page 1844 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 844134417441794183418421843184418451846185418941944 ... LastLast
Results 46,076 to 46,100 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    What liberals have you been talking to? All the ones I know on Twitter and online keep saying collusion, plus money laudering. Many leftists and conservatives keep asserting that Muller will not find anything, but it smacks of a desperate wanting to be right. As for me, I take the wait and see approach, while noting that Trump could quit for multiple reasons. Btw, Pence is worse. Much worse.
    I was thinking specifically of a remark Fran Lebowitz made on Real Time last week that Trump would resign once Mueller started to close in on his shady financial dealings, which seemed to me like wishful thinking. It's like, "Well, the collusion thing hasn't really panned out so far, but maybe there's something else Mueller can pin on him and thereby hasten his resignation."
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    I need to get serious again about my eating habits and the money I spend to go along with that. I don't eat unhealthy, but it's sure as shit not clean with lots of veg. When I go to the store, I end up buying too many snacks. I bought a roasting pan and a bunch of vegetables to start making rice/roasted vegetable lunches for work. My Vitamix super-blender broke down, so I had to send it off to get repaired/replaced (for free at least). Once I get that, I can start making really good healthy smoothies for breakfast and lunch like I used to (almond milk, banana, whole grain oats, spinach, two kinds of mixed frozen fruit, ice) but got lazy about.

Exercise is another story. Whole lotta former discipline down that road I need to get back.
    Yeah, need to find a good smoothie recipe list or book.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting baby doll (view post)
    I was thinking specifically of a remark Fran Lebowitz made on Real Time last week that Trump would resign once Mueller started to close in on his shady financial dealings, which seemed to me like wishful thinking. It's like, "Well, the collusion thing hasn't really panned out so far, but maybe there's something else Mueller can pin on him and thereby hasten his resignation."
    Ah, okay, then.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Leading up to a year ago, I was in a pretty good exercise routine, but I took on a new role at work which has seriously thrown my schedule under the bus. I still haven't figured out how to work in a regular exercise timeslot, and no, I am not getting up at 4:30 in the fucking morning to work out, thank you very much. I guess if there is a silver lining, I still have a good supply of power shakes from when I was trying to sell the stuff on the side, so I got the smoothie thing locked in, nyaa nyaa nyaa.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Heading to Stuttgart, Germany this weekend for work.

Anyone have any experience in the area? Recommendations?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I hear there are a lot of Germans there.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

I drank WAAAAAYYYY too much coffee today (running an inventory in another store), and I feel like my heart is going to fall out of my body.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Heading to Stuttgart, Germany this weekend for work.

Anyone have any experience in the area? Recommendations?
    Spent a lot of time in Austria, Sweden, and Poland. Never did cross into Germany for a beer.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Spent a lot of time in Austria, Sweden, and Poland. Never did cross into Germany for a beer.
    I'll be in Frankfurt and Stuttgart. Ended up booking at a winery. Looking forward to gaining 10 pounds next week.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Eat lots of meat and bread while you’re there!! A friend has been and said it’s out of this world (if you like that stuff).

Just drove 45 miles in the blizzard. A touch hairy at times, but I’ve driven in worse.

With that said, my knuckles will be sore when I wake up.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Which side are you on in the epic Zojirushi/Yeti war?

I'm fully on team Zojirushi.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    I had this plan to take a city college course on religion to see if it's something I'd want to pursue academically (already have a bachelor's in film/lit), but Jesus, as soon as the other students started sitting down today, they're all 18 years old, and I'm 34, and the teacher starts asking people to read sections from the syllabus, and a voice inside was screaming JIM GET OUT OF HERE YOU HAVE TO GET OUT, so after about 15 minutes there was a DAMU-shaped dust cloud in the back of the room.

I'll see about online coursework or something, or just continue reading for my own edification and pleasure.

No way that was going to happen. Nope nope nope.

I went to college at 27 and passed for like 20 for two years. I don’t know if I’d want to do it again now at 32. But I’m debating going to law school at some point.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    I had this plan to take a city college course on religion to see if it's something I'd want to pursue academically (already have a bachelor's in film/lit), but Jesus, as soon as the other students started sitting down today, they're all 18 years old, and I'm 34, and the teacher starts asking people to read sections from the syllabus, and a voice inside was screaming JIM GET OUT OF HERE YOU HAVE TO GET OUT, so after about 15 minutes there was a DAMU-shaped dust cloud in the back of the room.

I'll see about online coursework or something, or just continue reading for my own edification and pleasure.

No way that was going to happen. Nope nope nope.
    I can't even imagine being in a religion class with a bunch of 18-20-somethings, because I can imagine what it would be like to be in a religion class with someone like me when I was 18-20.

Will the government pay the extra couple hundred dollar tax stamp for the suppressor? Let alone the additional cost?

[]

No.

The tax payer will, though!

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    No.

The tax payer will, though!
    Freedom isn't free, Davis.

And yet you demand free healthcare.

Not free.

I want to prioritize tax dollars to be used on things that create a better society like healthcare, infrastructure, municipal broadband, job training, etc.

Nice try, though!

I would like to see teachers given proper supplies for, like, teaching, before discussing the idea of paying to arm them.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I would like to see teachers given proper supplies for, like, teaching, before discussing the idea of paying to arm them.
    Maybe the two aren't unrelated. I mean, wouldn't you behave in class if you knew the teacher was packing?
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

Quote Quoting baby doll (view post)
    Maybe the two aren't unrelated. I mean, wouldn't you behave in class if you knew the teacher was packing?
    I'd get to be out of class for a long time.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter