Page 1900 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 90014001800185018901898189919001901190219101950 ... LastLast
Results 47,476 to 47,500 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

- - - - -
    I created a new twitter account for a side project & it's extremely weird yet somehow refreshing to play around on the site when you don't follow anyone and nobody follows you.

meanwhile I flip back to my regular account and it feels like "teh discourse" is def poisoning my brain

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    I created a new twitter account for a side project & it's extremely weird yet somehow refreshing to play around on the site when you don't follow anyone and nobody follows you.

meanwhile I flip back to my regular account and it feels like "teh discourse" is def poisoning my brain
    When I was suspended for a while I created a burner account. Which I still use from time to time anyways.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Pigeons with MAGA hats glued to their heads have been released into Las Vegas, and what the hell is happening to you America?

- - - - -

UPDATE: I don't have enough to say to justify multiple accounts. (Also I have 1 follower now but I'm pretty sure it's a bot.)

I was trying to remember the last time I had fun on this platform and I think it might have been 2013? or 2014?

I have never had any interest in Twitter. I just don't get it.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I have never had any interest in Twitter. I just don't get it.
    How do you discover stuff online? Curious because I use twitter mostly as an aggregator, as a way of following topics I'm interested in: game news, horror films, graphic design, tech nonsense, art history, etc.

I haven't found a convenient way to do it outside Twitter or Facebook since Google Reader died (rip blogs & rss).

How do you discover stuff online? Curious because I use twitter mostly as an aggregator, as a way of following topics I'm interested in: game news, horror films, graphic design, tech nonsense, art history, etc.

I haven't found a convenient way to do it outside Twitter or Facebook since Google Reader died (rip blogs & rss).
    MatchCut, google, and friends with mutual interests.

I'm completely off social media.

I got on Twitter to follow the Iranian uprising. It can be a huge garbage dump if you fall too deep into the rabbit hole, but there are so many people worth following who are very prolific on Twitter that, depending on your needs and interests, it can be the quickest and sometimes the only way to some content. Also, it is the only social network where it's ok to post or link to adult stuff. A bunch of artists I know took part in an adult art book project and some of them got their accounts banned on Facebook for posting even the tamest examples of the artwork.

Sent from my Mi 9 Lite using Tapatalk

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitter is by far the most useful social media platform.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Btw, have any of you seen the "baby platypus" image that's being shared on social networks these days. Asking for a friend.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Twitter is by far the most useful social media platform.
    I hate it. It has contributed massively to the dumbing down of online discourse (which was not exactly sky-high to begin with) and the lack of actual will to do anything about anything - everyone seems satisfied to tweet a cutting hashtag and call it a day rather than engaging in meaningful action. Plus, its overall design is complete eye aids.
    Last edited by transmogrifier; 02-22-2020 at 12:01 AM.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

I find twitter useful for two things, finding out what the absolute lunatic fringe thinks about stuff, and ranting about shit without taking shit from my family who cant figure the site out.

I used twitter for a few hours and promptly dumped it.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I love Twitter. Glad to be part of the lunatic fringe and the dumbing down of America!
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Not joking, the only people I take serious on there are MCers and like 2-3 people I know irl

January 2019 I dropped Twitter as part of a New Years resolution to live more deliberately and to not do things that make me miserable. Don’t miss it. One. Bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

I use it mostly when I'm on a plane and just waiting to get where i'm going. Good for coming across some movie thoughts after I removed people that think movies need to fit their political agenda or lifestyle.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    January 2019 I dropped Twitter as part of a New Years resolution to live more deliberately and to not do things that make me miserable. Don’t miss it. One. Bit.

You still talk to me, though!

Huzzah! Self burn!

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    You still talk to me, though!

Huzzah! Self burn!
    OH SNAP! I GOT SERVEDED!

Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    I used twitter for a few hours and promptly dumped it.
    Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Same question as meg: How do you discover things on the web? How do you get your news?

Kinda curious what everyone's morning routine is like. (I come here and then I go to twitter, just to get a sense of what's going on in the world.)

Same question as meg: How do you discover things on the web? How do you get your news?

Kinda curious what everyone's morning routine is like. (I come here and then I go to twitter, just to get a sense of what's going on in the world.)
    WSJ and Twitter. Twitter has incredible real time updates.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I get Twitter, Twitter is simple. It's weird stuff like Reddit that I find difficult to approach.

Constantly amazed how fucking stupid twitter is. Its like edgelords from 2003. I make what I think is a controversial tweet...2 likes, no comments. I tweet something off-hand that is undeniable fact and not the least bit controversial, 12 like, 75 comments attacking the shit outta me by nameless nobodies who clearly did no read the tweet. Its a total shit site.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Constantly amazed how fucking stupid twitter is. Its like edgelords from 2003. I make what I think is a controversial tweet...2 likes, no comments. I tweet something off-hand that is undeniable fact and not the least bit controversial, 12 like, 75 comments attacking the shit outta me by nameless nobodies who clearly did no read the tweet. Its a total shit site.
    Well done man!

I actually shut off all notifications on twitter. I sometimes get stupid e-mails, but I have no idea if i get likes or mentions unless it shows up on my own timeline.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Peng (view post)
    Coronavirus is intensifying, especially in Europe. My parents have bought a tour package (Italy, France, Switzerland), and apart from the virus, I think we have to seriously consider the... (I reallyyyy don't want to call it that but oh well) racism as big factor to cancel it too. The experiences from Asian students abroad are increasingly alarming to read. For example, this is from a Thai student in Milan (one of our tour destinations), who decided to put study on hold and fly back. The "Translate Tweet" function may be a little patchy on Thai language, but I try it and the gist is mostly still intact:

Corporations are setting a bad example too. Sony just pulled out of Boston PAX East. Like, WTF? What's the concern here?