Page 1917 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 91714171817186719071915191619171918191919271967 ... LastLast
Results 47,901 to 47,925 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    At least you're not watching the remake.

Although the remake does have Lithgow in it.
    Is this another Mr Brooks type situation?

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    QUIT TRYING TO TALK ME INTO WATCHING THE REMAKE
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    The remake is WORSE?!?!
    original and remake both available on amazon priiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime

https://www.justwatch.com/us/search?q=pet%20sematary

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    original and remake both available on amazon priiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime

https://www.justwatch.com/us/search?q=pet%20sematary
    you motherfucker

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    The remake is WORSE?!?!
    Skitch will have to let us know.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Is this another Mr Brooks type situation?

Helllllll no.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

- - - - -
    you motherfucker
    I think we can agree that everything that happened here was Meg's fault

assholes. the lot of ya.

*pours whiskey, hits play on remake*

I tried this "elevation" workout on a climbing machine. 30 mins of pure cardio. Enjoyed it a lot, and especially that full workout in 30 mins.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

assholes. the lot of ya.

*pours whiskey, hits play on remake*
    I thought I saw it on Hulu, I may join in later.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I watched the remake once.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Wow, Armond White still working, and still doing the same thing... He wrote a negative review of "Hamilton".

Sent from my Mi 9 Lite using Tapatalk

Have people seen that Halo Top Ice Cream commercial with the lady dancing in her apartment? "Stop Shoulding Yourself." I feel like it shamelessly exploits the weaknesses of people who struggle with their weight in an attempt to sell ice cream, and is therefore morally questionable marketing. Curious if there are other takes here.

EDIT: Apparently Halo Top is "healthy" ice cream? So it's also misleading marketing? What exactly is their brand?

[]
    Last edited by Idioteque Stalker; 07-04-2020 at 02:01 PM.

Every fucking thing that sparks my interest is fucking illegal.

Moonshining looks fun.

I'd like to skateboard over there.

This road is straight for a mile with no other roads I'd like to go 90.

I already paid taxes on this 1/3 acre what do you mean I have to pay taxes again on it every year?

Happy Independence Day fuckers

I've gone hiking every day since my birthday to see parts of Colorado I never saw before.

One of the hikes was out East, where nobody really visits, the hike included a 1800s trading for that has been upkept. I should've gone on the 3rd where they fired off old gunpowder guns, but seeing the fort and the trail around it was neat. Plus, there was this insane taco truck in the city that was delicious.

Then I did go West. Eldorado Canyon on Thursday, and Maxwell Falls this morning.

Might do this type of thing every Birthday-4th of July now...

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Nothing says AMERICA like a bunch of white people shouting "go back to where you came from!" at native protestors.

Wonder if my time to see Rushmore is limited.

I'll have to see the Crazy Horse Memorial on the same trip.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    One day they will finish the Crazy Horse Memorial. I saw Rushmore when I was in the Scouts.

I had a farm boy try to convince me that porterhouses are the best steak because they have both the strip steak and the ribeye, while the t-bone is strip and filet.

Sigh, guess he never raised cattle or processed them.
    Fucker was adamant, too.

When did the tomahawk steak become the big thing? Feel like I never saw it pre-2015

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Not sure. I see no point in buying one, because I’m not paying for bone with no meat on it. I’ll buy the shit out of bone in ribeye, but a tomahawk is paying for presentation.

Bone in rib eye is the my favorite.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    porterhouses are the best steak.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Family surprised me today with telling BiL would be facing an intervention this evening. Family and business associates and etc. I was not invited thank God. I had no idea it had gotten to this level.

Apparently went well. He will be rehab for four months. Dont know how to feel. Tomorrow I go in to work for first time in 3 months. Stress level max. I'm sure sleep will be great.

Edit: sorry to bring mc down. Fuck. A lovely steak debate ruined by jackassery
    Last edited by Skitch; 07-09-2020 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    Have people seen that Halo Top Ice Cream commercial with the lady dancing in her apartment? "Stop Shoulding Yourself." I feel like it shamelessly exploits the weaknesses of people who struggle with their weight in an attempt to sell ice cream, and is therefore morally questionable marketing. Curious if there are other takes here.

EDIT: Apparently Halo Top is "healthy" ice cream? So it's also misleading marketing? What exactly is their brand?

[]
    Halo Top tastes disgusting and "shoulding yourself" is a rip-off of a episode-centric statement from Sex and the City. So the point of the ad is... she "should" lose weight but instead she eats a shitty pint. What? Only good part of the thing is seeing someone who looks atypical compared to most women you see in other food ads.

- - - - -
    The ad plays weird, but I think it's just another in a long line that co-opts a subculture/movement to sell a consumer product. The same thing happened around "riot grrls" in the 90s. Dove (I think?) tried something similar a few years back and received pushback online.

Speaking of which.... this is one of my favorite ads of all time. Still pushes bodies to sell product, but it reverse the expectations around everyone involved:

I kinda love that it flips gender while still maintaining the very old Madison Avenue message of "buy our shit and you will look good and feel good."

It's also one of the few examples from that era (or any era) that depicts a situation where it's socially permissible for women to openly express sexual desire.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    porterhouses are the best steak.

They’re great, but farm boy is convinced that there’s ribeye on a porterhouse where the filet actually is.