Page 1962 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 9621462186219121952196019611962196319641972 ... LastLast
Results 49,026 to 49,050 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Does anyone else find it comes across as dismissive when someone rarely responds to your messages with more than a thumbs up?
    If it's a co-worker, no.

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    I might be the only one who misses RT's message boards. I moved on, though. I mean this site is still around and that's good enough for me.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

Quote Quoting DFA1979 (view post)
    I might be the only one who misses RT's message boards. I moved on, though. I mean this site is still around and that's good enough for me.
    I don't miss the RT forum itself, what with all the bugs it always had the entire time I posted there, but I do miss the community that existed there (as opposed to the Corrie, where I miss both the community and the relatively well-functioning forum, which is why I'm confused why you'd say you miss RT, but not that place too).

This one time I bought some of those chia seeds, or whatever those "healthy" things are, for my smoothies. And one must not have gotten chopped up enough cause the sharp shell got lodged in my esophagus. It caused a sharp pain every time I swallowed anything, including saliva. It was there for a few days. I tried eating so much food in the hopes the "roughage" would dislodge it, but nothing worked. Finally I ate like three bananas in a row and got it out, but it was sore for days.

Never again.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Voltage!!!
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Does anyone else find it comes across as dismissive when someone rarely responds to your messages with more than a thumbs up?
    My wife and I have an agreement not to reply with a thumbs up, so yes. It’s akin to someone replying “ok, whatever”.
    "Listen man, it might be hard to understand, but
    Don't mourn the dead,
    Celebrate the life they gave"
    - Kashmir "Seraphina"

Quote Quoting StuSmallz (view post)
    I don't miss the RT forum itself, what with all the bugs it always had the entire time I posted there, but I do miss the community that existed there (as opposed to the Corrie, where I miss both the community and the relatively well-functioning forum, which is why I'm confused why you'd say you miss RT, but not that place too).

I got used to the RT bugs. It was a huge forum with a lot of users.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

My wife is a manager at a major liquor store. I’m a senior rep for a major chemical / food safety company, with my division handling food retail, ie, grocery stores. To say we’ve been extra popular over the past year is an understatement. Our messages are brief at best when working, especially during a pandemic.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I've always used the thumbs-up as a confirmation that I saw a message that didn't require a reply. Like, "Yup, I got your message. 10-4."
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    I've always used the thumbs-up as a confirmation that I saw a message that didn't require a reply. Like, "Yup, I got your message. 10-4."
    Precisely.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting DFA1979 (view post)
    All the dumb shit I said is gone and I am forever thankful.

Quote Quoting Zac Efron (view post)
    All the dumb shit I said is gone and I am forever thankful.
    Amen to that.
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

Eh I don't try to live in the past or dwell on it except to try and avoid making new mistakes. Live in the now!

Also Scar yeah grocery retail has been crazy busy since the pandemic started.
    Last edited by DFA1979; 02-25-2021 at 07:22 AM.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

Last night I learned to think twice before asking someone what their semi colon tattoo symbolizes.

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    Last night I learned to think twice before asking someone what their semi colon tattoo symbolizes.
    Related to suicide, isn’t it?
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Related to suicide, isn’t it?
    Yes. Now that I think of it, I'll probably never ask what any tattoo symbolizes going forward. But a semi colon piqued my interest. Live and learn.

I've always gone by the rule that if someone's tattoo is in a place where it is highly visible, it is OK to politely ask about it.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    Was somebody offended that you didn't know what it meant?
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Was somebody offended that you didn't know what it meant?
    No, they weren't offended. And we managed to avoid too much awkwardness. But still.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Tattoos are a weird thing. People try and put meaning behind them, sometimes deeply personal meaning, but really you're displaying them to the world. It would be no different than asking someone where they go that cool hat.

I lie when someone asks me about mine because I don't want to take the time to explain them. So as far as they know they are just there for color. I got them for me anyway so it doesn't really matter what other people perceive them as.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I'm with you, Duke.

Looooong story behind my sleeve. I just tell people "it's based on a painting I like".

Never offended when people ask.

But please don't touch.

Quote Quoting baby doll (view post)
    Amen to that.
    For what it's worth, I can't remember ever seeing you post anything truly embarassing there at all, but I didn't start posting "full-time" until August 2006, so you might have already gone through your "awkward phase" there already; I went through multiple ones there myself, if I'm being perfectly honest (and I'm sure some would say I never really left them behind, too).

: D
    Last edited by StuSmallz; 02-26-2021 at 06:12 AM.

I am quite glad all my RT posts are gone. I probably wrote some good stuff once in a while, but mostly it was vicious attacks on other 22-year olds because being edgy was the coolest thing at that age.

Cheese and crackers is such a reliably great snack.

Quote Quoting Mr. McGibblets (view post)
    I am quite glad all my RT posts are gone. I probably wrote some good stuff once in a while, but mostly it was vicious attacks on other 22-year olds because being edgy was the coolest thing at that age.
    *signals concierge*

Table for two, please

Me to my FB messenger group of friends: watched Birds of Prey last night. Why didn't anyone tell me how great this movie is? Kinda loved it!

One friend: yeah, I was entertained, except for how it pushes the feminist agenda like so many movies do these days.

Me: