Page 1717 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 717121716171667170717151716171717181719172717671817 ... LastLast
Results 42,901 to 42,925 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

I've only ever heard about it here in the past few days and I also assumed it was fictional.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Pretty cool chart. Look at the drop in AOL from 2002/2003. And impressively, look at it's return in 2008.

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

What's the chart about?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    What's the chart about?
    Probably should have posted that huh? It's the top websites (hits) of the given year.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

People use aol.com?

Quote Quoting Lucky (view post)
    People use aol.com?
    Yeh their bounce back is kinda shocking. But people probably use it the same way as they use Yahoo. For pretty news headlines and people who don't want to give up their @aol.com e-mail.

Didn't even know aol.com was a thing still, heh.

I figure there was no way someone beat out Google, so I'm suspicious.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

http://www.salon.com/2014/12/17/sara...or_die_parody/

This Funny or Die skit about the end of Serial is very amusing. Her impression of the defense lawyer is the best.

I don't have any opinions as to Adnan's guilt or innocence, but I sincerely wonder if he wasn't found guilty because the jury was so annoyed by his defense attorney.

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    I don't have any opinions as to Adnan's guilt or innocence, but I sincerely wonder if he wasn't found guilty because the jury was so annoyed by his defense attorney.
    Same here. Appearance and presentation are a huge part of an attorney's strategy, and everything I heard from her sounded so absolutely, completely shrill and annoying. Her sing-songy delivery made everything she said sound sarcastic and snarky, and the timbre of her voice hurt my ears. Unfortunately, those two things are super important in a trial. It would be nice if we could focus only on the facts, but that's not really how humans work.

She sounds like Nancy Grace.

But really, I had a half-serious thought during the recording of the attorney grilling Jay during the trial: if he isn't strangling her right now, I just don't think he's a killer.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    But really, I had a half-serious thought during the recording of the attorney grilling Jay during the trial: if he isn't strangling her right now, I just don't think he's a killer.
    hehee. So true.

We were listening to that scratching our heads about the point she was trying to make. Her strategy was completely lost on me.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    You listened to four episodes of it thinking it was fictional? How the hell is that possible?
    Seriously.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Lucky (view post)
    People use aol.com?
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Yeh their bounce back is kinda shocking. But people probably use it the same way as they use Yahoo. For pretty news headlines and people who don't want to give up their @aol.com e-mail.
    AOL is on list because they own sites like The Huffington Post and TechCrunch, not because of aol.com. The chart isn't broken out by site. It's by company. That's why "Glam Media" is on there too.

Can you guess all of the famous cartoonists on this chart?

Each character drawn in the style of a different artist.

Cool chart, but you don't actually have to guess. The chart tells you by following the intersections.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Cool chart, but you don't actually have to guess. The chart tells you by following the intersections.
    Bwhahaha I ddin't even notice that.

- - - - -
    Who's third from the right? That's the only art I don't recognize.

[
    ]

Edit: Not Lars

Third from right is Tove Jannson. She's the one who does Moomin. Super popular character in Europe. I used to watch one of the cartoons as a kid.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Third from right is Tove Jannson. She's the one who does Moomin. Super popular character in Europe. I used to watch one of the cartoons as a kid.
    Shows how little know of her- I thought her brother Lars created the cartoon.

- - - - -
    Ah, okay. Thanks to you both for the heads up

The comic I'm least knowledgeable about is Fingerpori, the one after Batman. I know it's a Finnish newspaper strip but that's about it.

Speaking of which, I can't tell if the Batman style is meant to be generically classic American comics style or a specific artist, but it looks most like Jim Aparo?
    Movie Theater Diary

I was thinking John Byrne?