Page 1918 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 91814181818186819081916191719181919192019281968 ... LastLast
Results 47,926 to 47,950 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Speaking of which.... this is one of my favorite ads of all time.
    Oh my... Hahaha. I like how they shook up the can a little, you know, for extra emphasis.

Reminds me of this Cadillac ad--always cracked me up.

[]

Uh oh...

The new Batwoman actress is both black, AND bisexual!!

Butthurt white boys on the internet...ASSEMBLE!!

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    In my experience both personally and online (hell, even here on MC), the people who are the most outspoken about how woke they are are usually the ones with the most to hide.
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Uh oh...

The new Batwoman actress is both black, AND bisexual!!

Butthurt white boys on the internet...ASSEMBLE!!
    so you can see how saying stuff like this might come back on you right

(yeah, yeah, i'm going, i'm going........)

I didn't say anything to present myself as a Woke Lord.

I made fun of racists.

If making fun of racism is being chest thumpingly woke, this is a sad world.

TL;DR - I said nothing to "come back on me".

EDIT: and furthermore I have in no way presented myself at any point as being some bastion of social justice and wokeness.

I am a piece of shit person. I have serious issues with women and sexuality, combined with major addiction problems.

Take your battle elsewhere.

There's a fudge brownie M&M now.

It's not as good as Peanut.

Peanut is the best M&M.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    There's a fudge brownie M&M now.

It's not as good as Peanut.

Peanut is the best M&M.
    Agreed, but the peanut butter ones are really good too.

I wasn't a fan of the caramel M&M's, though. It's a super chewy, "pull your fillings out" caramel and more like taffy.

1. Peanut
    2. Peanut Butter
    3. Hazelnut
    ---
    4. Milk Chocolate
    5. Mint Chocolate
    6. Fudge Brownie
    --
    7. Almond
    8. Caramel

There's a few I haven't had.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Chuck eye steaks are underappreciated.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Chuck eye steaks are underappreciated.
    Yessir.

Tri tip is amazing, as long as you cook it medium rare, no more than medium, and make sure to it across the grain.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Probably should go in the Food thread but I've become somewhat of pretty damn upgraded cook during COVID.

Something as simple as carne asada while trying not to overcook on the grill. It might have become my favorite meal.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    They’re great, but farm boy is convinced that there’s ribeye on a porterhouse where the filet actually is.
    I don't know if there is a cut I dislike lol

I've sprang for filet mignon a few times to try it out in my sous vide machine and....I haven't been overly impressed. It's all texture and didn't have the taste I like in my steaks. Tho it's possible I wasn't finishing it right or something.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

I've sprang for filet mignon a few times to try it out in my sous vide machine and....I haven't been overly impressed. It's all texture and didn't have the taste I like in my steaks. Tho it's possible I wasn't finishing it right or something.
    Thats some next level cooking. I haven't tried any meat cooked that way.

As far as steaks are concerned, the cut I am most curious about is the hanger steak, primarily because they’re so hard to find in my neck of the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Filet is the most tender, but least flavorful.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

That Diet Coke ad is one of the best ads of all time.

Best steak I had of all time was in Las Vegas. Was a porterhouse. My god.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Filet is the most tender, but least flavorful.
    That tracks with what I experienced. The tenderness was pretty much its only play. I seasoned it quite well, and it...was just not what I want in a steak.

--Homer

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Thats some next level cooking. I haven't tried any meat cooked that way.
    It's trickier than people want to admit. It's certainly not "perfect temp every single time!" There's a good bit more wiggle room than I expected, but when it comes out just right it's superb. Even something as core-bland as chicken breast can be like the most delicious thing you've ever had when you nail it sous vide. I've cooked chicken breast and thigh, pork chops (bone in and out), a few different cuts of steak (sirloin, NY strip, chuck eye, ribeye, flat iron [another personal fave]) and some lamb. I'm still experimenting with what is the best way for me (grill-less, small crappy kitchen) to sear them. Eventually I'll buy this to see if it works well for me: https://grillblazer.myshopify.com/co...e-bottle-stand.

--Homer

In my experience, I dont feel its temp is the be all end all. I've had perfect temp steak. Maybe I'm just wrongly trained, but sear and flame and grill adds to it. I'm not even picky on flame or wood or propane but it seems to make a difference to my tastebuds. No judgements, I havent had meat done that way yet

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    In my experience, I dont feel its temp is the be all end all. I've had perfect temp steak. Maybe I'm just wrongly trained, but sear and flame and grill adds to it. I'm not even picky on flame or wood or propane but it seems to make a difference to my tastebuds. No judgements, I havent had meat done that way yet
    Smoke a steak at 225 w/ hickory or pecan to 118F internal temperature. Let rest while building a raging hot charcoal fire. Hard sear both sides and serve.

Steak is one of the greatest things on this planet.

I wish I could have some steak beasts of my own to harvest. Instead I just have these stupid "beef cattle". Like I'll ever use that.

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Best steak I had of all time was in Las Vegas. Was a porterhouse. My god.
    Mine was in Vegas too! Where Did you get yours?

Mine was at lawry's where they wheel it to your table on a portable grill.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Zac Efron (view post)
    That Diet Coke ad is one of the best ads of all time.
    Best ad of all time? The Nike soccer ad in the late 90s where all the best players play against the devil and demons.

Full disclosure: I've only had steak in a restaurant maube loke 4 times in my life.

But even the best restaurant steak I ever had couldn't compare to a well prepared, home grilled steak.