Page 1843 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 843134317431793183318411842184318441845185318931943 ... LastLast
Results 46,051 to 46,075 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

His roast of Saget is legendary. Performance art at an unparalleled level.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    You should watch Taskmaster.
    Thanks I'll look into it.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    I don't know who she is but I thought she was a really good sport about it. Plenty of other actors would've taken themselves too seriously to laugh at a ribbing like that.

"My friend Patton Oswalt said to me: 'You know what's the worst part of the Bill Cosby affair? The hypocrisy'. And I disagreed with him. I thought the worst part was the raping".

Not sure if I'm the first to make this up or not (probably not), but I thought of this yesterday.

The new name for a mixed drink of vodka and lemonade: A Moscow Mattress

What a weekend. Spent the better part of an evening arguing with my parents about gun control as they spat up every horseshit republican talking point, and my friend had to have a sit down with his dad because he politely disagreed with his mom on FB about the same topic. He was threatened if he ever does such a dishonorable thing again, there will be "repercussions". Oh btw, he's 43. Yep. This is life in the heart of Trumpland when you want to scream your head off and you have to restrain yourself to just disagree. I'm constantly amazed how the people that whine the loudest about snowflakes and people being too easily offended are the same ones that the most butthurt all the damn time about every damn thing.

Another thing I've been thinking about...

In 2016, the general consensus was there was no way Trump could win, it was just to insane such a loudmouth ego whore could make it. He did. Then the left realized they have to do a better job of arguing their point and not just calling names, because they are not getting through to the right. This maintained for a year or so, the resistance fought hard, believing the pendulum would swing back and correct the balance of the Force in 2018. What they didn't expect was for there to be so many insane things from this President that its nearly impossible to categorize all of it. Every news cycle is packed with insanity. Now we've finally made it to 2018 midterms and the resistance is weary. They've fought so hard and tried to maintain composure, but they've been so baffled by the right's willingness to overlook, ignore, sidestep, and distract from every thing this man does, they've been worn down to falling back on to 2016 tactics.

Are they wrong? Is he not a racist, sexist, golf score lying, pig monster? Of course not. But the right is not being breached. They're digging in harder. And heres my point of all of this rant...I'm afraid the 2018 midterms are not going to go the way we hoped. I'm afraid we're repeating 2016, and that we've become so sure that everyone has to see his insanity for what it is, and the left has become too relaxed expecting its going to go their way.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I'm constantly amazed how the people that whine the loudest about snowflakes and people being too easily offended are the same ones that the most butthurt all the damn time about every damn thing.
    "Fuck your feelings" really made for the most devastatingly un-self-reflexive banner.

I feel your pain, Skitch.

The amount of support Trump has up here is staggering. And living in the country (as well as working in a rural / country town), the racism, sexism and love of the man is enormous.

What gets me the most is the outright hatred for poor people that he is breeding and cultivating.

I read something on Facebook recently that was good - “I’m tired of people who make $2000 an hour convincing people who make $25 an hour that people who make $12 an hour make too much money.”

The recent raise of the minimum wage here (to $14, from $11.60) has turned the retail and service industries upside down, and it’s disgraceful. I work for a company that posted profits of $780-million last year, and the CEOs are acting like they’re being robbed because the minimum wage increase is costing the company $30-million.

Disgusting.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

NSFW Norm

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    And heres my point of all of this rant...I'm afraid the 2018 midterms are not going to go the way we hoped. I'm afraid we're repeating 2016, and that we've become so sure that everyone has to see his insanity for what it is, and the left has become too relaxed expecting its going to go their way.
    The Dems will definitely under-perform in the mid-terms (they'll likely pick up a few seats in the house but it's unlikely they'll flip the senate; at best, they pick up one more seat and Mike Pence will have less time to throw choreographed hissy fits at sporting events), and it's a lock that Trump gets reelected in 2020. And since the Republicans will still control both chambers, there won't be the political will to impeach him (they could've started proceedings on day one if they had wanted to on account of the emoluments clause), especially since Mueller won't find any direct evidence of collusion.
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (CĂ©line Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

Quote Quoting baby doll (view post)
    The Dems will definitely under-perform in the mid-terms (they'll likely pick up a few seats in the house but it's unlikely they'll flip the senate; at best, they pick up one more seat and Mike Pence will have less time to throw choreographed hissy fits at sporting events), and it's a lock that Trump gets reelected in 2020. And since the Republicans will still control both chambers, there won't be the political will to impeach him (they could've started proceedings on day one if they had wanted to on account of the emoluments clause), especially since Mueller won't find any direct evidence of collusion.
    You think it's a lock that Trump wins?

Oi... 2020 will be an interesting year.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)

He'll probably get more votes next time around simply because he's the incumbent and people will know what they're getting when they vote for him.
    Just because...

The (New) World

I can’t believe no one has killed him.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I can’t believe no one has killed him.
    He could be deposed in a military coup if it looks like he's about to start a nuclear war with North Korea, but that's a long shot. The most likely scenario is still that he serves eight years.
    Just because...

The (New) World

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Provided humanity survives until that year and we're not all refugees.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Arrested, deposed, killed....

Dude's gonna straight die from health problems, I'm betting.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

If Trump is alive, and not impeached, he will win in 2020.

Muh guns and muh money!!!

My money is on Trump leaving office due to "Health problems," with Pence taking over.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    My money is on Trump leaving office due to "Health problems," with Pence taking over.
    For that to happen, the Mueller investigation would have to turn up something really incriminating about Trump, and there's no reason to think that it will. Liberals have already started to pivot from collusion to money laundering as the crime they're absolutely certain Trump committed simply because they don't like him, and will likely pivot again when no evidence turns up to support the money laundering hypothesis.
    Just because...

The (New) World

I just think that Trump is more useful to the Democrats in the White House than out. Best case scenario for them is, what with the GOP brand in a tailspin, that at least one of the houses in congress flips to them this fall, and they take an obstructionist stance over the next two years, and use that to maximize their chances of taking the White House in 2020. It's all a fucking game.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting baby doll (view post)
    For that to happen, the Mueller investigation would have to turn up something really incriminating about Trump, and there's no reason to think that it will. Liberals have already started to pivot from collusion to money laundering as the crime they're absolutely certain Trump committed simply because they don't like him, and will likely pivot again when no evidence turns up to support the money laundering hypothesis.
    What liberals have you been talking to? All the ones I know on Twitter and online keep saying collusion, plus money laudering. Many leftists and conservatives keep asserting that Muller will not find anything, but it smacks of a desperate wanting to be right. As for me, I take the wait and see approach, while noting that Trump could quit for multiple reasons. Btw, Pence is worse. Much worse.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    I just think that Trump is more useful to the Democrats in the White House than out. Best case scenario for them is, what with the GOP brand in a tailspin, that at least one of the houses in congress flips to them this fall, and they take an obstructionist stance over the next two years, and use that to maximize their chances of taking the White House in 2020. It's all a fucking game.
    Probably this. Trump has energized the Dem base again.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

I need to get serious again about my eating habits and the money I spend to go along with that. I don't eat unhealthy, but it's sure as shit not clean with lots of veg. When I go to the store, I end up buying too many snacks. I bought a roasting pan and a bunch of vegetables to start making rice/roasted vegetable lunches for work. My Vitamix super-blender broke down, so I had to send it off to get repaired/replaced (for free at least). Once I get that, I can start making really good healthy smoothies for breakfast and lunch like I used to (almond milk, banana, whole grain oats, spinach, two kinds of mixed frozen fruit, ice) but got lazy about.

Exercise is another story. Whole lotta former discipline down that road I need to get back.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer