Page 1819 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 819131917191769180918171818181918201821182918691919 ... LastLast
Results 45,451 to 45,475 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Yeah, get the fuck out of there as quickly as you can.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Thanks guys. I work at a grocery store, so I'm gonna stockpile some stuff in the back and buy it just before close after the crowds have left (we were already sold out of a lot of things when I went in yesterday, but we've got a double load coming in today to accommodate, so hopefully I should be good there), and see if I can't get some gas on the way home (all of the stations on my way home were empty already when I got off yesterday). I'm keeping an eye on things, though. If I have to leave, I already plan on taking backroads the way up, which is how I usually travel anyways, and see if I can't avoid some of the traffic that way.

Honestly, I'd like to just leave now, just to be sure, but I've gotta be at work, where I'm in a management position, and I'd really like to still have a job when I get back. :\

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Bonkers.

Think about the most cutting edge technology today. And think about third world countries that don't have technology that we consider a commodity, phones, electricity, indoor plumbing.... Then think about countries like the US, and we fly planes through Hurricanes because we can. Bonkers.

We are approaching the beginning of a new season of the Fantasy Movie League that is played in the Off-Topic Forum. We currently have space for new players if anyone would like to jump in. I can accommodate at least 2 new players.

There is a long list of rules located in the first post of the Fantasy Movie League thread. But basically, your sole action would be to draft 9 films that will be released during the months of October-March that you think will make the most money at the box office (domestically).

If you'd like to play, visit the Fantasy Movie League thread by September 12th (5:00 PST) and post something along the lines of "I'm in."
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Hurricane Irma destroyed 95% of the buildings in Barbuda and now with Jose about to hit it, the entire island is being evacuated. I don't see how the state of Antigua and Barbuda can continue after this.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Wow. I just saw that both are Cat 4s now.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Wow. I just saw that both are Cat 4s now.
    This is good news, at least as it concerns Irma. Means it's actually de-powering a little, and hopefully that'll continue. Shit's been a high Cat 5 for about a week now.

Katia is the one gathering strength. It just got upgraded to a 2.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Honestly don't know what's about to happen in southern Mexico. They're being hit by a tsunami and a hurricane simultaneously from both sides. Geez.
    Movie Theater Diary

They just had a 8.1 earthquake too.

Yeh that's what triggered the tsunami.

This is good news, at least as it concerns Irma. Means it's actually de-powering a little, and hopefully that'll continue. Shit's been a high Cat 5 for about a week now.
    It's likely going back to Category 5 by the time it hits Miami and the Keys. Looks like most other people know this, but where are you TGM? I assume Florida but where? Did you have to/decide to evacuate?

I'm in Tampa. Haven't evacuated. :\

To update, I am currently on the road heading northbound now. And I finally caught up with northbound traffic at that, as you can see by my posting here.

Good that you're heading out. It's heading for the west coast now.

https://www.wunderground.com/hurrica...?map=5day&mr=1
    Last edited by Dukefrukem; 09-09-2017 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Good that you're heading out. It's heading for the west coast now.

https://www.wunderground.com/hurrica...?map=5day&mr=1
    Yup, made the decision as soon as I saw that last night. And of course work tried to make me feel bad about it, too. I hate my job. -_-

No job is worth getting weather-murdered. Glad youre getting out.

Yeah, definitely feel a lot safer where I'm at now. Selfishly speaking though, now I'm just hoping I'll still have a home to go back to. :\

So glad you're safe TGM.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Pasco County police have had to warn residents that shooting the hurricane won't stop it or change its course.

Apparently it's a surprisingly widespread problem and has even gone viral with people posting "#SHOW IRMA WHO SHOT FIRST!"

What the fuck, America?

Meg, it's not America. It's a bunch of dummies. Stop with the labeling.

Figured it was obvious the last line was in jest.

Guess I'll use a smilie next time?