PDA

View Full Version : Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

Winston*
05-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Um... (http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/iceagedawnofthedinosaurs/medium_tt.html)

Qrazy
05-25-2008, 10:20 AM
So was the second worth seeing? I mildly enjoyed the first.

megladon8
05-25-2008, 10:54 PM
So was the second worth seeing? I mildly enjoyed the first.

It's bad, but I liked it.

I thought the first was great fun.

Winston*
05-25-2008, 10:57 PM
This movie is called Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.

Raiders
05-25-2008, 11:25 PM
What the hell? That doesn't even make sense, though that is probably the least of the film's issues.

Qrazy
05-26-2008, 12:05 AM
What the hell? That doesn't even make sense, though that is probably the least of the film's issues.

I don't think it's really supposed to make sense just a throwback to Dawn of the Dead... like a zombie movie with dinosaurs... except they're still alive... during the ice age... yeah.

megladon8
05-26-2008, 12:55 AM
It's not like this is the first time this series has betrayed scientific logic.

Sycophant
05-26-2008, 01:03 AM
I saw a trailer for this a couple months ago and am hoping that its temporal distance from me only increases.

Mara
05-26-2008, 01:54 AM
I saw a trailer for this a couple months ago and am hoping that its temporal distance from me only increases.

Have you seen the trailer for Beverly Hills Chihuahua? Because that trailer made me want to be sterilized, and then blinded.

Sycophant
05-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Have you seen the trailer for Beverly Hills Chihuahua? Because that trailer made me want to be sterilized, and then blinded.

I enjoyed the teaser.

Watashi
05-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Scrat is the greatest creation of the past 10 years.

Sycophant
05-26-2008, 08:32 AM
Scrat is the greatest creation of the past 10 years.You're insane.

Or insincere.

Kurosawa Fan
05-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Scrat's running joke has been beaten into the ground. It's thinner than my receding hairline at this point.

Ezee E
05-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Scrat's running joke has been beaten into the ground. It's thinner than my receding hairline at this point.
Both of which are consistently hilarious.

Wryan
05-27-2008, 10:07 PM

I hear on the eventual DVD, a new feature will place a portrait of you in the bottom-right corner of the screen, growing ever balder as Scrat appears onscreen for more shenanigans.

The feature is unremovable, of course.

monolith94
05-27-2008, 11:24 PM
I hear on the eventual DVD, a new feature will place a portrait of you in the bottom-right corner of the screen, growing ever balder as Scrat appears onscreen for more shenanigans.

Really? That's something I'd expect more from a disney dvd than a dreamworks one...

Kurosawa Fan
05-28-2008, 04:33 PM

I'd watch that.

MadMan
06-03-2008, 02:47 AM
They should just make a movie around Scrat. The second film was fairly decent, and the first was pretty solid. Considering the continuing downward trend of the series I'd say the third one has a good chance of being medicore or bad.

Sycophant
06-03-2008, 03:32 AM
They should just make a movie around Scrat. The second film was fairly decent, and the first was pretty solid. Considering the continuing downward trend of the series I'd say the third one has a good chance of being medicore or bad.
The Scrat-featuring short short (that may have been only thirty seconds, but I'd also believe upwards of ten minutes) that made up the teaser trailer I saw a few months ago tells me that, no, I would not enjoy a Scrat feature in the slightest.

lovejuice
06-03-2008, 05:50 PM
The Scrat-featuring short short (that may have been only thirty seconds, but I'd also believe upwards of ten minutes) that made up the teaser trailer I saw a few months ago tells me that, no, I would not enjoy a Scrat feature in the slightest.

i am more curious why anyone found scrat funny from the beginning.

i kinda like the first two films though.

Qrazy
06-03-2008, 06:18 PM
i am more curious why anyone found scrat funny from the beginning.

i kinda like the first two films though.

Bah, the joke's been played out at this point but Scrat was probably the funniest thing about the first one.

Watashi
06-03-2008, 06:43 PM
I love Scrat. I could watch a 10 hour film based on his quirky antics alone.

Ezee E
06-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Scrat is the only thing I remember about Ice Age, and I just kept wondering throughout the movie if there will be more of him.

KK2.0
06-04-2008, 01:22 AM
I actually enjoyed the second film more, less sentimentality.

Watashi
11-21-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm sure the movie will be crap, but this trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/iceagedawnofthedinosaurs/hd/) is all sorts of awesome.

They just need to ditch the other characters and make ongoing shorts of various Scrat adventures.

Watashi
11-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Oh, and shame on all of you Scrat-dissenters. He's the closest thing we got to the old Chuck Jones day of Merry Melodies humor.

soitgoes...
11-21-2008, 10:17 AM
He's the closest thing we got to the old Chuck Jones day of Merry Melodies humor.I'm pretty sure this sentence disparages the great Chuck Jones somehow, but I'm going to take it as "we live in a crappy time, and this is the best we can rummage up." Still...

Ezee E
11-21-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm pretty sure this sentence disparages the great Chuck Jones somehow, but I'm going to take it as "we live in a crappy time, and this is the best we can rummage up." Still...
I'll back Wats on this one.

Scrat is basically a newer version of Road Runner, just missing his Wile E. Coyote. I wish there were more attempts at Looney Tunes type of humor instead of the insufferable Spongebob.

I would totally see an anthology of Scrat.

Kurosawa Fan
11-21-2008, 03:02 PM
I should neg rep you. Spongebob is fantastic. I used to resist it too, but once my son really started watching, which meant I was watching too, I fell in love. The show is hilarious.

Grouchy
11-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Spongebob Squarepants is fucking art.

Watashi
11-21-2008, 06:18 PM
I love Spongebob, but Scrat is better.

Ivan Drago
11-23-2008, 02:18 AM
I should neg rep you. Spongebob is fantastic. I used to resist it too, but once my son really started watching, which meant I was watching too, I fell in love. The show is hilarious.

Spongebob Squarepants is fucking art.

Repped for truth.

Spongebob rules.

Kurosawa Fan
11-23-2008, 02:23 AM
I love Spongebob, but Scrat is better.

Not a chance. Not even close. Scrat is one joke repeated ad nauseum. It was funny the first time, and has become significantly less funny each successive time. Spongebob is brilliant writing, and a variety of characters who each bring the funny in their own unique way.

eternity
11-23-2008, 06:22 AM
Scrat wasn't funny the first time and yet it is literally the entire marketing force of this franchise.

Watashi
11-23-2008, 06:24 AM
Wily E. Coyote was a one-trick pony. Didn't stop him from being consistently funny everytime.

Kurosawa Fan
11-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Wily E. Coyote was a one-trick pony. Didn't stop him from being consistently funny everytime.

Yes it did. He was much funnier than Scrat (mainly because his hijinx were much more imaginative), but at times even he grew tiresome.