PDA

View Full Version : The Mother of Tears

Kurosawa Fan
05-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/motheroftears/trailer/)

The Dario/Asia Argento connection. Looks interesting.

lovejuice
05-16-2008, 04:40 PM
my most anticipated movie of 2008!

ok, aside from Indy.

Boner M
05-17-2008, 04:05 PM
I've heard from different sources that it's awesome, that it resembles a hair metal video, or that it's awesome & resembles a hair metal video. Looking forward, either way.

Sven
05-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Dude, this looks like the best movie ever.

Ezee E
05-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Looks like one of those "horror" DVD trailers you see at the beginning of all those Masters of Horror movies.

I'd have no interest if I didn't know Dario was behind it.

Rowland
05-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Yeah, I love Argento, but this preview isn't too encouraging. Obviously I hope for the best, but his track record over the last two decades doesn't fill me with a great deal of confidence.

lovejuice
05-19-2008, 09:05 PM
i'm sure someone here already watched it, and spoke of it favorably.

Sven
06-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Dude, this looks like the best movie ever.

How very wrong I was. I'm kind of shocked at how worthless it is.

Rowland
06-06-2008, 10:35 PM
How very wrong I was. I'm kind of shocked at how worthless it is.*sigh* That's new-school Argento for you. At this point, I'm just hoping for high camp.

Sven
06-06-2008, 10:36 PM
At this point, I'm just hoping for high camp.

Nope. Not even that.

Sven
06-06-2008, 10:40 PM
*sigh* That's new-school Argento for you.

I liked (and know you didn't) his Masters of Horror stuff, which are the last things I've seen since Trauma, which I quite love (and know you didn't). I have The Card Player in my possession, and would really like to see The Stendahl Syndrome, as well as Sleepless, though I await a quality version of that to be released.

Rowland
06-06-2008, 10:54 PM
I liked (and know you didn't) his Masters of Horror stuff, which are the last things I've seen since Trauma, which I quite love (and know you didn't). I have The Card Player in my possession, and would really like to see The Stendahl Syndrome, as well as Sleepless, though I await a quality version of that to be released.Well, I thought Jenifer was okay, and Pelts is watchable as absurdly gory camp, which is how I imagine Mother of Tears works best, given what I've read. Trauma is alright, but like most of his post-Opera work, it strikes me as a neutered, less artful copy of his best work. The Stendahl Syndrome is probably his most interesting piece during this era because it's the closest to breaking new ground, so it's a shame he went back down the derivative giallo path with Sleepless, which really isn't that bad. The Card Player is like a giallo version of a CSI episode, and as such is fairly watchable, with standout sequences that are either surprisingly good or unbelievably botched. Do You Know Hitchcock, his made-for-television movie, is just lame, and it's for the best you didn't mention Phantom of the Opera.

Bosco B Thug
06-07-2008, 12:30 AM
How very wrong I was. I'm kind of shocked at how worthless it is. Urgh, I really liked the trailer, too.

Bosco B Thug
06-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Wow just sooo ordinary. Argento's directing has just become sooo boring. All the materials were on screen for this to be scary, grotesque, beautiful, erotic... how was it all just sooo generic? Lame ending too.