PDA

View Full Version : The NFL Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

Kurosawa Fan
11-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Judge Says Andy Reid's Home is "Drug Emporium"; Orders Son to Jail (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3089753)

Wow. He had some harsh words for Reid. At what point do you realize that coaching isn't important enough to stay away from your home anymore?

shaun
11-02-2007, 03:48 PM
"I don't want to be that kid who was the son of the head coach of the Eagles, who was spoiled and on drugs and OD'd and just faded into oblivion," he said in court.Too late?

Kurosawa Fan
11-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Too late?

There has been some pretty startling stuff revealed. Both of his sons were also caught with steroids, which doesn't exactly reflect well on an NFL coach.

Dukefrukem
11-02-2007, 04:44 PM
go Pats this weekend... !!!!!!!!!

monolith94
11-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Yeah, it should be a good game. I'm really looking forward to our shot at beating the Colts, something we haven't done in far too long.

Dukefrukem
11-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Yeah, it should be a good game. I'm really looking forward to our shot at beating the Colts, something we haven't done in far too long.

been 3 years. after 3 years of beating them into the ground, they reversed the favor. now its our turn again. :D

rocus
11-02-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm officially rooting for the "Good" side in this battle.

MadMan
11-02-2007, 05:53 PM
I honestly don't care who wins. But I'm leaning towards the Colts on this one. I'll be working during the game unfortunately.

And call me crazy, but I'm looking forward more to the Packers-Chiefs matchup. Not only will I get to watch it, but it features my two favorite teams and has roots dating back to the first Super Bowl. Farve will be the difference maker though-KC is weak at the QB position.

Kurosawa Fan
11-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Go Colts!!!!!!!

DSNT
11-04-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm saying 42-33 Pats, but I really hope the Colts win.

Ezee E
11-04-2007, 03:11 PM
I'm saying 8 TDs will be thrown in that game.

DSNT
11-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Someone please tell me how David Carr is a starting quarterback in the NFL.

Kurosawa Fan
11-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Someone please tell me how David Carr is a starting quarterback in the NFL.

I picked up Tennessee's defense for that game, so I couldn't be happier.

MadMan
11-04-2007, 06:58 PM
I shouldn't have picked against the Chiefs at home. Right now they're making Farve look like an old washed up QB, as he has two picks. Shit. Its a really close game though, as both defenses have frustrated Farve and Hurad all day.

dreamdead
11-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Hmm, I'm really regreting starting Favre over Kitna. On the bright side, Detroit's making Denver their bitch. That's kinda fun.

MadMan
11-04-2007, 07:31 PM
And just like that we have an entertaining, tit for tat game. Screw the NFL's stupid rules, I loved LJ's endzone celebration where he slammed the Chiefs flag into the ground. Glad to see that Farve got a TD too after throwing two picks. Due to having work at 4 pm this is my Pats-Colts game today, only neither team is evil and I like both of them. For those who picked the Colts bear in mind that Harrison is inactive. That's not good news for Indy.

Kurosawa Fan
11-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Even worse news is that Tony Ugoh is inactive as well, which means they'll be starting their third string left tackle (Manning's blind side) who will be responsible for blocking Rosevelt Colvin and Mike Vrabel. That's just brutal.

DSNT
11-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Wow, look at Detroit all grown up. They might actually come through on Kitna's 10-win promise this year. This beat down against Denver should count for 2.

MadMan
11-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Even worse news is that Tony Ugoh is inactive as well, which means they'll be starting their third string left tackle (Manning's blind side) who will be responsible for blocking Rosevelt Colvin and Mike Vrabel. That's just brutal.Yikes. Also am I the only one who can't help but feel that this game will fail to live up to the hype in a miserable fashion? Or am I hoping for that because I won't get to see it? Maybe its a bit of both.

Is anyone else watching the Packers-Chiefs game? This game has been amazing. Holy shit there has been some true blue craziness. Unfortunately for the Chiefs Johnson went down in the 3rd (or was it the 4th?) quarter.

Damn man Adrian Peterson has 3 TD's today. THREE. He is a beast of a man, and is single handedly carrying the Vikings to victory. QB? The Vikings don't need no stinkin' QB today.

If you told me that the division would come down to the Lions and the Packers I would have say you were crazy. That's awesome.

Ezee E
11-04-2007, 08:09 PM
250 yards from Adrian Peterson. Jesus.

DSNT
11-04-2007, 08:11 PM
He could have had the single game record if they didn't give the ball to Chester T on that last possession. Still could if they get the ball back.

The man is a beast. I'm lucky to have him in my fantasy leagues.

soitgoes...
11-04-2007, 08:37 PM
296 yards. Wow!

DSNT
11-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Jesus in cleats.

dreamdead
11-04-2007, 09:38 PM
:eek: on the Addai run.

Kurosawa Fan
11-04-2007, 11:30 PM
I don't want to be a homer, but with Marvin and Tony Ugoh, the Colts win that game. Tough loss, but their defense impressed the hell out of me.

DSNT
11-04-2007, 11:30 PM
Great game. Definitely lived up to the hype, but I wish the Colts could have hung on.

rocus
11-04-2007, 11:31 PM
Kf, that's a tough game to lose. But you have to feel some consolation in knowing that Ugoh was out as well as Harrison. Small consolation, I know. I really thought Manning was going to do it on that last drive.

On the flip side, maybe the AFC isn't as dominant as we previously believed (outside of the Pats and Colts, of course). Pack over Chiefs (sorry MM), Vikes over Chargers, and Saints over Jags. Pretty good day for the NFC.

Kurosawa Fan
11-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Well, the Chiefs aren't very good to begin with, and the Jags are starting Quinn Grey because Garrard is injured, so those wins don't mean a whole heck of a lot. Still, the Vikes over the Chargers was a surprise. I'm stunned that the Chargers defense got manhandled like that.

rocus
11-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Quinn Grey managed to beat the Bucs last weak, but I guess that's true. Still, the Saint's putting up over 40 on the Jag's D isn't impressive?

Kurosawa Fan
11-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Yeah, that's pretty impressive. The Saints seem to finally have things clicking again. I guess what I meant was that they were one game out of the Super Bowl last season, so watching them beat a Jags team with what amounts to a practice squad QB (which is where he was before Leftwich was released) was to be expected. Hanging 40+ is impressive though.

rocus
11-04-2007, 11:52 PM
I don't guess it would help my case to mention the Redskins beating the Jets? :p

Raiders
11-05-2007, 12:27 AM
Yeah, the Jags D has been pretty impressive all year. That blowout was shocking. I expected a Saints win, but more of the 24-21 variety.

Justin
11-05-2007, 01:48 AM
I hope Peterson has a healthy career, if he does he could become a great player.

MadMan
11-05-2007, 03:27 AM
Kf, that's a tough game to lose. But you have to feel some consolation in knowing that Ugoh was out as well as Harrison. Small consolation, I know. I really thought Manning was going to do it on that last drive.

On the flip side, maybe the AFC isn't as dominant as we previously believed (outside of the Pats and Colts, of course). Pack over Chiefs (sorry MM), Vikes over Chargers, and Saints over Jags. Pretty good day for the NFC.Yeah you're right about that dude. And I love the Chiefs, but I like the Packers too. I want Farve to reach the playoffs this year, maybe even the Super Bowl. Besides look at the AFC West: the Chiefs are still in the driver's seat. We beat the Chargers at their home standium, and we'll definatly beat them in KC. The Raiders still suck. The Broncos have a terrible defense. Despite losing Johnson I think we can take the terrible AFC West this year. Oh and congrats on the Saints winning today rocus. I think they can take the division, as the Bucs aren't great on offense and the Panthers have QB issues.

The Lions are for real, and that scares me. Their fans have to be happy about that, but pissed that this also means that Millian will be able to point and say "Hey look folks-a winning year! Love me now." But that's a small price to pay I suppose for victory.

Adrian Peterson is a beast of a man. If he stays healthy he'll be setting and breaking all sorts of records. The Vikings only need a merely decent game managing QB to have a good season next year.

I second/third the sorries about the Colts KF. After that info you mentioned and the fact that Harrison was out I knew the Pats would win (I also picked them to win in my Pick 'Em groups). While I still think that Tom Brady is the better QB I think that the Colts right now have the better defense. Bob Sanders is a beast at his height, and he made a huge difference in the playoffs last year. We'll see how things go the second time around. But right now those are the two best teams in the league, period.

Ivan Drago
11-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Pats: 16-0. I'm calling it right now.

Packers: 7-1 BABY!

shaun
11-05-2007, 01:41 PM
The Pats/Colts game lived up to my expectations but that officiating was some of the worst I've seen in recent memory. 3 super questionable pass interference calls against the Pats (the Hobbs one in the end zone was completely inexcusable) and a clearly out of bounds pass that was reversed.

I was rooting for them but the Colts got some major help from the refs.

I don't guess it would help my case to mention the Redskins beating the Jets?That it took until OT probably hurts any case. :)

Spinal
11-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Watched a bit of the Browns game and Derek Anderson certainly looks leaner and more agile than he used to be in college. Don't know what they've done with him, but he looks like a whole new player.

dreamdead
11-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I'm aghast at the Browns' season right now. Their O-line is actually alllowing a three-second drop to work, which is the firs time anyone can say that since 2002...

Figures that once I move west that Cleveland will become a serviceable team while Chicago starts to suck it up.

dreamdead
11-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Also pleased that Adrian Peterson eclipsed the old single game rushing record held by Jamal Lewis. Lewis ran against a porous, near-nonexistent Cleveland defense that game, whereas Peterson actually had a decent defense opposite him. Just shows how good Minnesota could be if they had actual receivers and a quarterback...

Raiders
11-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Colts Amping It Up (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/Patriots-complain-about-crowd-noise?urn=nfl,52422)

I have heard these allegations before. I don't really care except this only further demonstrates that dome games suck.

Spinal
11-05-2007, 04:55 PM
If true, I think that pumping in crowd noise during your opponent's drives is a worse transgression than using video to steal signs.

Ivan Drago
11-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Colts Amping It Up (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/Patriots-complain-about-crowd-noise?urn=nfl,52422)

I have heard these allegations before. I don't really care except this only further demonstrates that dome games suck.

To the Pats: YOU STILL WON THE GAME!

Kurosawa Fan
11-05-2007, 06:18 PM

Eh, this is garbage anyway. It has nothing to do with a dome (Seattle is also accused of doing this and they play outdoors). It's no different than the Pats not covering their turf before the playoffs a few years back and the field being completely ruined. Every team tries to make home field advantage just that: an advantage. The Pats can't seem to be happy about anything this season. It's ridiculous. They're 9-0 and just beat their biggest rival. Shut the fuck up already.

Raiders
11-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Give me a break, guys. The Pats aren't the first to mention this about the Colts and what does it matter who won the game? Cheating is fucking cheating no matter how you want to spin it.

MadMan
11-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Give me a break, guys. The Pats aren't the first to mention this about the Colts and what does it matter who won the game? Cheating is fucking cheating no matter how you want to spin it.I agree with this. Hell I'd still agree with it if one of my favorite teams was caught cheating.

rocus
11-05-2007, 07:21 PM
It's just football guys. No reason to get that upset about something so trivial.

Raiders
11-05-2007, 07:22 PM
It's just football guys. No reason to get that upset about something so trivial.

Who's upset? I use the 'f' word for oomph, not anger.

Watashi
11-05-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm mad that the Vikings are doing somewhat better than expected.

This means that Childress will still be the coach next year. :(

Spinal
11-05-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm not even a Patriots fan, but I'm getting a perverse pleasure out of how mad they are making people this year. Call it a character flaw.

rocus
11-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Who's upset? I use the 'f' word for oomph, not anger.
Sorry, then. It just seemed the the "f" word was flying pretty fast and free. I know you feel like the Pats have been under attack lately. I guess that's the price of success.

Kurosawa Fan
11-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Cheating is fucking cheating no matter how you want to spin it.

This is funny coming from a Pats fan. :p

Gizmo
11-05-2007, 07:35 PM
and how shitty has Cincy been this season? I mean we've been injured, and our D was never anything to write home about but 2-6 with an offense that can't do anything but go 3 and out when we do actually have a lead, thus forcing our craptastic defense right back onto the field in tough spots. Grr... good thing I already drink during the games, otherwise I may become an alcoholic this season.

Kurosawa Fan
11-05-2007, 07:37 PM
and how shitty has Cincy been this season? I mean we've been injured, and our D was never anything to write home about but 2-6 with an offense that can't do anything but go 3 and out when we do actually have a lead, thus forcing our craptastic defense right back onto the field in tough spots. Grr... good thing I already drink during the games, otherwise I may become an alcoholic this season.

If Marvin Lewis isn't fired by the end of the season, I'll be completely baffled. They are one of the more selfish, undisciplined, immature teams I've had the displeasure of witnessing in my adult life, and that sort of attitude starts with the coach.

Raiders
11-05-2007, 07:38 PM
This is funny coming from a Pats fan. :p

I never denied their cheating or treated like it meant nothing. I simply believe every team likely cheats in one way or another, and the Pats are simply under more scrutiny than any other team (rightfully so).

It is unfortunate their calling out the Colts feels like a childish act by an upset franchise since it is not the first time the Colts have been charged but it is likely the first time the team calling them out receives more backlash than the Colts. The Patriots deserve some of the criticism they get, but not to the extent they have been getting it, in my admittedly biased opinion.

Kurosawa Fan
11-05-2007, 07:41 PM
I never denied their cheating or treated like it meant nothing. I simply believe every team likely cheats in one way or another, and the Pats are simply under more scrutiny than any other team (rightfully so).

It is unfortunate their calling out the Colts feels like a childish act by an upset franchise since it is not the first time the Colts have been charged but it is likely the first time the team calling them out receives more backlash than the Colts. The Patriots deserve some of the criticism they get, but not to the extent they have been getting it, in my admittedly biased opinion.

Like I said, if they're piping in noise, it certainly isn't right, but I don't think it's any worse than the Pats leaving their field uncovered the week before a playoff game during a rainstorm so the field would be a complete wreck. That could have caused injury. It wasn't against the rules, so I guess it doesn't fall under "cheating", but like I said before, home teams are constantly trying to make their stadium a true advantage.

Gizmo
11-05-2007, 07:42 PM
If Marvin Lewis isn't fired by the end of the season, I'll be completely baffled. They are one of the more selfish, undisciplined, immature teams I've had the displeasure of witnessing in my adult life, and that sort of attitude starts with the coach.

I agree, but Marvin's safe. Mike Brown came out in the paper saying that his job security is not in question, and since we've kept coachs around in the 90s going 2-14 every season, there's no reason to think Marv won't be around for a while as he's worked us back into mediocracy. I'm rooting for a removal of Chuck Bresnahan (the D-coord) and other related coaches who can't teach pro athletes to make tackles, or not over pursue, or not stay home, or make tackles, and perhaps teach them to tackle. Would also like to see a defensive scheme that involves more than 3 man rush, 4 man rush, or 6 man zone blitz leading to easy check downs.

Raiders
11-05-2007, 07:45 PM
The offense is inconsistent with poor rushing and the lack of any real go-to guy outside of Houshmanzadeh. Chad Johnson has been very inconsistent, dropping at least two TD passes in the last two weeks.

With a D that never stops the other team, the imbalanced offense can't carry the load.

rocus
11-05-2007, 07:55 PM
For what it's worth:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3095903

Gizmo
11-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Found this statement made by a member of the Bengals forum I frequent. Thought it was amusing.

We need to stay in last place!! We will have a last place schedule next year....Teams like the Raiders, , Texans, Dolphins. And the NFC east. See losing does have its advantages. Yes 08 is gonna rule!!!!!

Also, I've lost my top 2 fantasy RBs to injury now (assuming LJ is out for a while, haven't checked updates). I picked up LenDale White a week or 2 ago.... who else should be out there for the taking?

Raiders
11-05-2007, 07:59 PM
For what it's worth:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3095903

Same complaint, same result. It's kind of strange.

MadMan
11-05-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm not even a Patriots fan, but I'm getting a perverse pleasure out of how mad they are making people this year. Call it a character flaw.At times I think that way too. And before the cheating scandel broke out I actually sort of admired the Pats, and I thought that some of the haters were just jealous of them. Plus I liked it when they beat the Rams and the Panthers in the Super Bowl, two teams I strongely dislike (I laughed at the idiots who kept picking the Panthers to reach the Super Bowl during the past 5 years every season, knowing that they were going to be wrong).

In an ideal world Marvin Lewis would be fired. Bill Coher would be a good candidate to whip that bunch into shape, but I bet if he takes a coaching job next season it'll be Norv Turner's job. Even if San Diego makes the playoffs Turner will be gone by '08. Unless AJ Smith has completely lost his mind, which isn't out of the question.

Gizmo
11-05-2007, 08:14 PM
At times I think that way too. And before the cheating scandel broke out I actually sort of admired the Pats, and I thought that some of the haters were just jealous of them. Plus I liked it when they beat the Rams and the Panthers in the Super Bowl, two teams I strongely dislike (I laughed at the idiots who kept picking the Panthers to reach the Super Bowl during the past 5 years every season, knowing that they were going to be wrong).

In an ideal world Marvin Lewis would be fired. Bill Coher would be a good candidate to whip that bunch into shape, but I bet if he takes a coaching job next season it'll be Norv Turner's job. Even if San Diego makes the playoffs Turner will be gone by '08. Unless AJ Smith has completely lost his mind, which isn't out of the question.

I hate HATE HATE Bill Cowher, but would welcome him or someone like him, to coach this team. Someone who will whip them into shape and play defense first/run first type team, those are generally the successful teams.

shaun
11-05-2007, 08:27 PM
I picked up LenDale White a week or 2 ago.... who else should be out there for the taking?My league's WW has the best available RBs somewhere around the TJ Duckett/Maurice Morris level of suckitude, so if LenDale was available in yours a couple weeks ago, I'm afraid I wouldn't have the slightest idea.

Name some and we can tell who might be the best pickup.

Ezee E
11-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Good leagues should have had Lendale picked up weeks ago.

All that would be left is someone like Selvin Young or Maurice Hicks.

Ivan Drago
11-06-2007, 12:30 AM
I've lost Chad Johnson in one of my fantasy leagues to his neck injury. Good thing I picked up Joe Jurevicious.

Gizmo
11-06-2007, 12:53 AM
I was surprised LenDale was there, but it was right before he started playing real well, so I think I timed it right... was mostly due to needing a 2nd starter because of byes that I even grabbed him.

Best (yards this season wise) available right now are:
Lemont Jordan
Derrick Ward
Kenton Keith
Julius Jones

I know pretty much nothing about any of them.

Ivan Drago
11-06-2007, 01:17 AM
And I picked up LenDale White a few weeks ago. He's kicking ass for me.

rocus
11-06-2007, 01:37 AM
So much for the Ravens' defense. 21-0 and the second quarter just started.

Gizmo
11-06-2007, 01:39 AM
So much for the Ravens' defense. 21-0 and the second quarter just started.

yeah... I'm up 12 points in my fantasy league with Mason/Holmes/ravens D against ward/Reed... Thankfully Holmes got the TD and not Ward, because it's looking like I may not be as safe as I had thought I may be.

rocus
11-06-2007, 01:47 AM
You almost just got another one.

And now you did. Wow, this is getting ugly fast.

DSNT
11-06-2007, 02:03 AM
Wow, Ben Roethlisberger is unconscious.

Spinal
11-06-2007, 04:47 AM
Five TD passes is impressive. Doing it with only 16 pass attempts is really impressive.

soitgoes...
11-06-2007, 04:52 AM
So at the end of 8 weeks Adrian Peterson leads the next closest running back by 268 yards. He can pretty much sit out the next two games and still have a good chance of leading the NFL in rushing.

shaun
11-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Best (yards this season wise) available right now are:
Lemont Jordan
Derrick Ward
Kenton Keith
Julius Jones

I know pretty much nothing about any of them.LaMont and Julius should both be owned.

Jordan may be losing his starting gig to Justin Fargas or at least will be sharing carries from now on and he's been slow to recover from his back injury. Jones splits playing time with Marion Barber but doesn't see the bulk of goal line carries.

Both have value but if you can only pick up one, I'd probably take Julius Jones as he's more likely to score on his offense.

Raiders
11-06-2007, 02:07 PM
I remember during the draft thinking about taking Adrian Peterson, but figuring as a rookie he would not get as much playing time as Chester Taylor, so I took the latter. I'm beginning to think it was a poor choice.

Ezee E
11-06-2007, 07:45 PM
I remember during the draft thinking about taking Adrian Peterson, but figuring as a rookie he would not get as much playing time as Chester Taylor, so I took the latter. I'm beginning to think it was a poor choice.
just beginning?

Gizmo
11-06-2007, 10:08 PM

hehe, I had the 3rd pick and after LT and Stephen Davis went 1-2 I thought LJ was the best way to go. I'm thinking Peterson may have been available still when I took Deuce in the 3rd round... Wow, what a crappy draft, and yet I've still got the 2nd most points in the league thanks to stealing Moss in the 6th.

Kurosawa Fan
11-06-2007, 10:10 PM
hehe, I had the 3rd pick and after LT and Stephen Davis went 1-2 I thought LJ was the best way to go. I'm thinking Peterson may have been available still when I took Deuce in the 3rd round... Wow, what a crappy draft, and yet I've still got the 2nd most points in the league thanks to stealing Moss in the 6th.

Wow, I want to be in your league. :P

Gizmo
11-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Wow, I want to be in your league. :P

Eh, Stephen Jackson... some Stephen guy who's about as bust as the guys chosen around him!

Kurosawa Fan
11-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Eh, Stephen Jackson... some Stephen guy who's about as bust as the guys chosen around him!

Yeah, at this point you wouldn't be much worse off if you did draft Stephen Davis. :lol:

Ezee E
11-06-2007, 10:48 PM
I'm really glad I took Addai with the third overall pick.

DSNT
11-06-2007, 11:27 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3097057

This is absolutely ridiculous. Nothing against Don Shula and the '72 Fins, who I have the utmost respect for, but this screams of sour grapes to me. They make far too big of a deal about their undefeated season as it is. Sure, spygate was uncool and the Pats deserved the punishment they received, but you cannot watch this team on the field and question whether they are the real deal. Without spygate, do you really think the Jets had a chance anyway?

For the record, I hate the Pats, but this might be a team for the ages.

Kurosawa Fan
11-06-2007, 11:48 PM
Agreed. As much as I can't stand the Pats, this is whiny nonsense from Shula. Hell, they aren't even undefeated yet. They still have to play Pittsburgh, and decide whether they want to rest their starters for the last two games of the season.

Ivan Drago
11-07-2007, 12:26 AM
For the record, I hate the Pats, but this might be a team for the ages.

I agree. They're a lot like the Cowboys dynasty in the 90s, both in the way they were an unstoppable team, and how they had an in-conference rival.

DSNT
11-07-2007, 01:00 AM
I agree. They're a lot like the Cowboys dynasty in the 90s, both in the way they were an unstoppable team, and how they had an in-conference rival.
It is still early, but they look better than those Cowboys teams to me. They are very similar to the 1989 SF 49ers in style, but even more dominant when you look at the scores.

Ivan Drago
11-07-2007, 01:14 PM
It is still early, but they look better than those Cowboys teams to me. They are very similar to the 1989 SF 49ers in style, but even more dominant when you look at the scores.

Yeah, because they run it up.

:runs:

But right now, with bias out of the way, I'd like to ask this question to spark discussion: Will the Pats go 16-0?

Kurosawa Fan
11-07-2007, 02:07 PM
But right now, with bias out of the way, I'd like to ask this question to spark discussion: Will the Pats go 16-0?

The only road block they have left is Pittsburgh, and that game is in New England. If they decide to go for the record rather than resting guys the last couple weeks, there isn't any reason they can't run the table. And we're not talking 16-0, but 19-0. The Colts are the only team that can take them down, and I just don't see that happening in Foxboro in January.

Ivan Drago
11-07-2007, 02:23 PM
I thought about that, too, but the Steelers play in crummy weather conditions during the time of the game they play the Pats, and after they annihilated the Ravens D on Monday, I feel like they have enough offense to compete against the Pats.

And I feel like there's a 99.9% chance that Belicheck, knowing him, will start everyone in the last couple games. But I'm not ruling out the .1%. If Belicheck is a genius, he would know to rest his starters.

Raiders
11-07-2007, 02:59 PM
I believe Belichick would love to play his starters for the first quarter, maybe first half of their last game and score enough points to take them out. The problem lies in the fact that they play the Giants in an away game and it would likely require having the starters in through most of the game.

shaun
11-07-2007, 02:59 PM
If Belicheck is a genius, he would know to rest his starters.Letting them only play 3 quarters to stay fresh and reduce the possibility of injury is probably a good thing but I'm not sure sitting them for weeks on end is particularly wise, especially when they'll get a bye week to rest up.

Look at Indy in 2005 when they pretty much rested their starters the final two games of the season, had a bye week, and then proceeded to suck it up in their first game back.

Kurosawa Fan
11-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I actually think it's more beneficial for teams to let their players play the first half of their last game. Indy is the perfect example. They couldn't get anything going in that game against Pittsburgh. They looked terrible.

Ezee E
11-07-2007, 04:21 PM
You know who I think could surprise New England in the playoffs? Tennessee. They've had a great defense, and their running game can't be stopped. That would certainly slow the game down, and I can see that going to their advantage.

That would happen in the playoffs though.

Will they go 16-0? It's all in the hands of the Giants and Steelers. Both of which can beat them

Kurosawa Fan
11-07-2007, 04:51 PM
You know who I think could surprise New England in the playoffs? Tennessee. They've had a great defense, and their running game can't be stopped. That would certainly slow the game down, and I can see that going to their advantage.

That would happen in the playoffs though.

Will they go 16-0? It's all in the hands of the Giants and Steelers. Both of which can beat them

No to all of these. The Pats are smart enough to focus on the Titans running game, and know that Vince Young can't beat you with his arm. Vrabel and Bruschi and co. are fast enough at LB that they can spy Young so he doesn't run far.

As for the Giants and Steelers, the only one who could beat them is Pittsburgh and even they don't have much of a chance. The Giants don't have a chance in hell if the Pats start their first string. You think Eli can beat them when Peyton couldn't? They'll eat Eli alive. He doesn't stand a chance. And while their pass rush is phenomenal, their CB play is suspect and Moss will have a field day.

shaun
11-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Vince Young only knows how to win! Hooray!

Report: LJ out for season

Larry Johnson, RB KC

News: According to a report from the TV station KDVR in Denver, Chiefs RB Larry Johnson is out for the season. The story said that a source within the Chiefs organization with direct knowledge of the situation has confirmed the injury. Johnson had suffered a mid-foot sprain in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's 33-22 loss to the Packers. However, the TV station has reported that Johnson has a broken bone in his foot. Kansas City coach Herm Edwards said Tuesday that Johnson would be highly questionable for Sunday's game against the Broncos, but Edwards declined to speculate on how long Johnson might be out, saying he did not have enough information.
Way to go, Herm. Give your franchise RB 416 carries and then be shocked when his career is ruined. Let's go over the list of 400 carry backs...

416 - Larry Johnson - Broken bone in foot, could miss a year or more.
410 - Jamal Anderson - Played 2 games the following year. Never averaged more than 3.6ypc again.
407 - James Wilder - Injury plagued and missed 35 games over the next 6 seasons.
404 - Eric Dickerson - Only played in 12 games the following 2 seasons.
403 - Eddie George - Never averaged more than a terrible 3.4ypc again.
392 - Terrell Davis - Not 400 but including it anyways. This 2000 yard season basically ended his career. Shanahan hasn't had a RB with over 300 carries since, and with good reason.

Gizmo
11-07-2007, 07:56 PM
I think Pats CAN go 16-0 (19-0), but I don't know if they WILL... There's that any given Sunday thing, plus staying healthy and all that. They looked beatable this past Sunday, and probably should have lost. They're good enough to do it, but I'm not sure they will do it.

DSNT
11-07-2007, 11:55 PM
As a lot of you are saying, I think the Pats can do it they don't rest their players. I also think that Belichick would love nothing more than to shove a perfect season up every other coach's ass and Don Shula's too.

I see it happening.

MadMan
11-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Vince Young only knows how to win! Hooray!

Way to go, Herm. Give your franchise RB 416 carries and then be shocked when his career is ruined. Let's go over the list of 400 carry backs...

416 - Larry Johnson - Broken bone in foot, could miss a year or more.
410 - Jamal Anderson - Played 2 games the following year. Never averaged more than 3.6ypc again.
407 - James Wilder - Injury plagued and missed 35 games over the next 6 seasons.
404 - Eric Dickerson - Only played in 12 games the following 2 seasons.
403 - Eddie George - Never averaged more than a terrible 3.4ypc again.
392 - Terrell Davis - Not 400 but including it anyways. This 2000 yard season basically ended his career. Shanahan hasn't had a RB with over 300 carries since, and with good reason.I know your right and all, but my response to LJ being gone still is GODDAMNIT! I still think the Chiefs can take the division but I'm now wondering if they'll be able to. The stinkin' Chargers will probably take the AFC West now and KC will miss the playoffs because their running game will be even worse now. Bowie KC needs you to get healthy. Now. If Eddie Kenninsen could somehow recover and come back that would great but very unlikely. Shit. But hey maybe we'll be able to beat the Broncos this week! :|

shaun
11-08-2007, 12:57 AM
The Denver station may have jumped the gun. They don't have an official word yet but some sites are reporting that LJ may only miss 3-4 weeks, so who knows. Hopefully he'll recover.

DSNT
11-08-2007, 01:03 AM
If it's a broken foot, then he's likely out until the end of the regular season, and probably not that productive if he comes back. Remember Shaun Alexander last year?

shaun
11-09-2007, 08:09 PM
the only one who could beat them is Pittsburgh and even they don't have much of a chance. I agree with that. I was just poking around and noticed how ridiculously easy the Steelers' schedule is. What's sick is that looking ahead they should reasonably be 10-2 before they even face a good team (I personally don't think the Browns count. Apologies to Cleveland fans.).

At this point I can't even gauge if they're better than a mid-tier playoff caliber team like Jacksonville or Washington never mind if they can go into New England and beat a Pats team that's chasing history.

rocus
11-09-2007, 08:11 PM
I don't really give the Steelers much of a chance. They just don't have the offense to keep up with the Pats.

DavidSeven
11-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Have you guys read about The Vikings fining Troy Williamson for missing a game to attend his grandmother's funeral? Yeesh. No wonder this league has such a horrid reputation for its labor practices.

Full Story:

Vikes dock Williamson's pay for missing game for grandmother's funeral (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3100835)

Kurosawa Fan
11-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Have you guys read about The Vikings fining Troy Williamson for missing a game to attend his grandmother's funeral? Yeesh. No wonder this league has such a horrid reputation for its labor practices.

Full Story:

Vikes dock Williamson's pay for missing game for grandmother's funeral (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3100835)

Yeah, I read this earlier today. Seems to me that he could take some sort of legal action against the league. Isn't there some protection for employees in the event of a death in the family? I'm probably completely wrong, but with all the other fair business practices laws around, I'd think there'd be one for death/funeral time. Either way, the fact that the Vikings are not only sticking with the fine, but trying to justify it to the public is disgusting.

shaun
11-09-2007, 08:51 PM
The Vikings are like $30 million under the cap every year because ownership is cheap. It's not shocking that that they'd do something as miserly as that. Jerks.

Kurosawa Fan
11-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Vikings Give Williamson Check Back (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3103651)

It doesn't excuse taking it in the first place, but it's nice to see they did the right thing eventually.

MadMan
11-11-2007, 07:03 PM
That was a dick move on the part of the Vikings organization. It shouldn't have taken them that long to correct what was a mistake.

The Chiefs-Broncos game is fill me with rage. Luckily the Packers-Vikings game is filling me with joy. Lots of joy. But finally the Chiefs were forced to put in Croyle. Let's see what the kid can do now. Hey a nice pass to Priest Holmes, with Priest taking it in for a first down. Without the turnovers the game would still be close.

Scar
11-11-2007, 07:08 PM
*crosses fingers for Peterson*

Gizmo
11-11-2007, 07:14 PM
I am currently getting my fantasy ass kicked.

rocus
11-11-2007, 07:15 PM
The Chiefs-Broncos game is fill me with rage. Finding it hard to feel sorry for you at this point. :evil: I've been worried about this game all week. The Saints are playing just like they did at the beginning of the season; like they can just walk out there and win. You think they would have learned by now.

MadMan
11-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Finding it hard to feel sorry for you at this point. :evil: I've been worried about this game all week. The Saints are playing just like they did at the beginning of the season; like they can just walk out there and win. You think they would have learned by now.Yeah I guess things could be worse. I keep forgetting this. Sorry man.

Holy crap Croyle is driving down the Chiefs down the field. We're only down by 9 but its the 4th quarter. And Priest Holme has had some nice runs, and showed a few signs of still being fast.

The Eagles are turning Jason Campbell into Tom Brady. Wow. The Browns were ahead but it looks like the Steelers are attempting a comeback. Things are kind of crazy today. Oh and the Dolphins are beating the Bills 10-2. Wow. Just wow :lol:

Justin
11-11-2007, 08:09 PM
So Carolina has now gone a full year without a home win, this is getting ridiculous.

rocus
11-11-2007, 10:11 PM
So Carolina has now gone a full year without a home win, this is getting ridiculous.

Hey... a Panthers fan. Good to have a fellow NFC South guy around to talk some trash with. I miss Terr. He was a Falcons fan.

dreamdead
11-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Back when Carolina was on their tear through the NFC I was a huge fan. A friend blogs all their games over at www.aolsportsblog.com. Between Smith, Foster, Davis, and Delhomme, things were good. Now, not so much. I remember thinking that Carr could be saved in the right environment. Now, not so much. I feel bad for Smith.

Meanwhile, Cleveland got whipped in the second half of their game with Pittsburgh. Depressing stuff, especially after that kickoff return and leading nicely through the whole first half. 'Tis not a good weekend to root for Ohio sports after Kent State and OSU lost yesterday.

Ivan Drago
11-12-2007, 12:34 AM
34-0 AND we stop Adrian Peterson! WOOO PACKERS!!!!

Gizmo
11-12-2007, 12:34 AM
Meanwhile, Cleveland got whipped in the second half of their game with Pittsburgh. Depressing stuff, especially after that kickoff return and leading nicely through the whole first half. 'Tis not a good weekend to root for Ohio sports after Kent State and OSU lost yesterday.

uh speak for yourself, the Bengals finally won again!

Ivan Drago
11-12-2007, 12:36 AM
uh speak for yourself, the Bengals finally won again!

I love how one of the best offenses in the NFL got 21 points...on field goals.

Gizmo
11-12-2007, 12:39 AM
I love how one of the best offenses in the NFL got 21 points...on field goals.

yeah, was pathetic. Not to mention the further hit my fantasy team took as Palmer nets me 5 whole points.

Watashi
11-12-2007, 12:51 AM
34-0 AND we stop Adrian Peterson! WOOO PACKERS!!!!

Because he got injured, you idiot. He was averaging 4 yard per carry before that.

Scar
11-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Because he got injured, you idiot. He was averaging 4 yard per carry before that.

Plus, I'd like to know how he helped stop him....

Kurosawa Fan
11-12-2007, 02:40 AM
Boy, what an ugly game this has been. San Diego's offense is a joke. How do you have LDT and Gates and look this ineffective?

MadMan
11-12-2007, 02:45 AM
Run Ivan! The Vikings fans are here! :lol:

I'm hoping that Peyton throws 10 picks. Hey it could happen. Today was just topsy turvy crazy. I did terrible in my Icine pick 'em group-so far I'm 5-8. This is after a handful of weeks where I got at least 10 right each week. What comes up must come down I suppose :(

Everytime I think the Chiefs offense sucks I just simply look at the Bills offense. Or Cincy's. Still I think if this was the year to break in Croyle, it was this year with the division being really shitty. I'm just hoping KC somehow splits the series with the Broncos this season, which probably won't happen.

Dolphins will go winless this season. I can feel it. Mwhahaha.

Kurosawa Fan
11-12-2007, 02:49 AM
Crazy. Philip Rivers is like a young Jon Kitna.

Watashi
11-12-2007, 02:51 AM
I'm so glad I didn't start Peyton Manning today.

Ivan Drago
11-12-2007, 03:17 AM

11 carries for 45 yards. That was before he got hurt.

Scar - I'm referring to the Packers when I say we. The Packers are my favorite team.

Kurosawa Fan
11-12-2007, 03:18 AM
11 carries for 45 yards. That was before he got hurt.

What are you doing here? That's 4 yards a carry, which is solid for an NFL back.

Kurosawa Fan
11-12-2007, 03:34 AM
Well. That was unexpected. Fitting considering how wild this game has been, but unexpected nonetheless.

MadMan
11-12-2007, 03:35 AM
Somewhere Tom Brady is laughing.

Kurosawa Fan
11-12-2007, 03:36 AM
Somewhere Tom Brady is laughing.

Doubtful. He got his laughs last week. He knows home field is secured.

MadMan
11-12-2007, 03:38 AM
Doubtful. He got his laughs last week. He knows home field is secured.I was refering to Adam Vinitari missing that field goal. I'm actually wondering if Adam's numbers have gone down since he left New England. I mean come on the guy was able to kick in snow-and he misses a kick in the rain? That's just odd.

Raiders
11-12-2007, 03:43 AM
I was refering to Adam Vinitari missing that field goal. I'm actually wondering if Adam's numbers have gone down since he left New England. I mean come on the guy was able to kick in snow-and he misses a kick in the rain? That's just odd.

He's become a dome boy. His favorite conditions now are climate-controlled.

MadMan
11-12-2007, 03:53 AM
He's become a dome boy. His favorite conditions now are climate-controlled.That explains a lot.

LOL Peyton Manning. I mean I like the guy but 6 picks? I recall that the Chargers also ended the Colts chances of going undefeated in the 2005-2006 season as well. That said the Chargers were lucky shits. They almost pissed away the game.

Ivan Drago
11-12-2007, 04:57 AM
What are you doing here? That's 4 yards a carry, which is solid for an NFL back.

Still, 45 yards.

As far what I'm doing here, I'm taking a break from writing a paper.

Scar
11-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Scar - I'm referring to the Packers when I say we. The Packers are my favorite team.

No shit.

rocus
11-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Still, 45 yards.

Ivan, 45 yards on just 11 carries is actually pretty good. It's not great, but it's not like he was being shut down.

The Colts game was a shocker. But still SD can't feel great about that win. Manning throws 6 picks and it still takes Adam V. to miss a chip shot to give them the win. SD has fallen far.

Ivan Drago
11-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Ivan, 45 yards on just 11 carries is actually pretty good. It's not great, but it's not like he was being shut down.

I understand that, but allowing only 45 yards is a hell of a lot better allowing 296. ;) That's just how I look at it.

Scar
11-12-2007, 01:53 PM

Yeah, he got 5 yards on his first carry, and the Pack crowd went crazy.

:crazy:

Kurosawa Fan
11-12-2007, 01:56 PM
Still, 45 yards.

I didn't mean on this site, I meant what were you doing with that post. You're commending a team for holding a rusher to 4 yards a carry. As a defense, that's not commendable. It's certainly not bad, but it's not to be celebrated. Sure they didn't let him run for 296, but no one thought he would get back to back record breaking games. Green Bay's defense is ranked 7th in the league against the rush.

Ivan Drago
11-12-2007, 02:28 PM
I didn't mean on this site, I meant what were you doing with that post.

I know. I was trying to be funny. ;)

You're commending a team for holding a rusher to 4 yards a carry. As a defense, that's not commendable. It's certainly not bad, but it's not to be celebrated. Sure they didn't let him run for 296, but no one thought he would get back to back record breaking games. Green Bay's defense is ranked 7th in the league against the rush.

Wow. I thought he would because he tore up the Chargers' front seven, and if he could do that, imagine what he could do against the Pack.

But I remember hearing on ESPN that GB had the 22nd ranked run defense. How the hell ESPN got that wrong is beyond me.

Kurosawa Fan
11-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Run Defenses (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUS HING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1)

Maybe you misheard them. San Diego is actually 21st in the league in yards per game. Green Bay is 7th.

Ivan Drago
11-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the link, I did mishear them after all.

Woah, and the Pack, with the worst rushing offense in the NFL, ran for 119 yards against the 3rd best rush defense. That's a good sign of progress.

shaun
11-12-2007, 03:06 PM
The 45 yards is more a product of Green Bay going up huge and forcing the Vikings to abandon the run.

Holding a mortal RB to 4.1ypc isn't particularly good, but considering Peterson was averaging a ridiculous 6.6 before this game, they have to consider it a moral victory at least.

Also, the Jets didn't lose this week. Hooray.

Kurosawa Fan
11-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Ricky Williams reinstated (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3109760)

What is the point of this. Just stop already. Give it up.

MadMan
11-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Ricky Williams reinstated (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3109760)

What is the point of this. Just stop already. Give it up.Such a waste of talent. And all for something that isn't all that great to begin with. Not that I um, have first hand experience ;)

I wonder who will even consider taking him. Sure teams need RB's but are they that desperate to grab a pot head who actually quit football once and hasn't played very much in the league at all due to legal troubles? I'd say his career is almost over, if not over already.

Raiders
11-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Maybe the NFL pities the Dolphins?

DSNT
11-14-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm actually happy for Ricky. I gained respect for him after seeing his 60 Minutes interview. He's been troubled and made mistakes, certainly, but but he has worked his butt off to get back in the league. A lot of guys in his position would have given up already. I hope he plays somewhere next year.

MadMan
11-14-2007, 11:46 PM
Wait, I realized who will take Ricky Williams: The Broncos. Hey they already have Travis Henry.....

Kurosawa Fan
11-15-2007, 03:01 AM
I'm actually happy for Ricky. I gained respect for him after seeing his 60 Minutes interview. He's been troubled and made mistakes, certainly, but but he has worked his butt off to get back in the league. A lot of guys in his position would have given up already. I hope he plays somewhere next year.

I never saw the interview, but I was already duped once into believing he wanted to get his shit together and play again. That was before his one year suspension. I'm not getting fooled twice.

Ivan Drago
11-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Quick - who should I start, Tennessee's defense against Denver or Pittsburgh's defense against the Jets? And also should I start LenDale White against the Broncos or Willis McGahee against Cleveland?

shaun
11-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Id start Pittsburgh and McGahee.

Scar
11-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Touchdown and a safety in less then ten minutes. :)

Two turnovers in the first ten minutes. :confused:

DSNT
11-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Aside from that long pass to Wayne, Indy does not look like Indy. I wonder if Marvin is really missed that much.

Kurosawa Fan
11-18-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm not sure if he's playing today, but I keep preaching it: the Colts miss Tony Ugoh more than anyone that's out right now. Manning has been under much more pressure, and just doesn't feel comfortable in the pocket because his blind side is vulnerable. Not having Marvin doesn't help things, but Ugoh being out is killing them.

Ivan Drago
11-18-2007, 06:37 PM

Who would've thought that the Raiders/Vikings game would have a high score in the first half?

Ezee E
11-18-2007, 06:53 PM

Just your average Minnesota game.

dreamdead
11-18-2007, 08:18 PM
:|I can't wait until Cleveland gets a nose tackle/defense...

MadMan
11-18-2007, 09:11 PM
If LJ hadn't gotten injured KC would have won today. Goddamnit. But the Packers won and they killed the Panthers-a team I depise.

DSNT
11-18-2007, 10:29 PM
If LJ hadn't gotten injured KC would have won today. Goddamnit.
Not sure about that. Priest looked pretty good, but they had no passing game whatsoever. The game was close, but even with LJ I don't think they could beat Indy at their worst (and this was pretty close).

shaun
11-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Jets rule and the Steelers sort of aren't that good.

They'll get blown out as soon as they face a good team.

Gizmo
11-19-2007, 01:44 AM

Indeed. If Cincy could get out of their own way, they'd have a shot in the north.

DSNT
11-19-2007, 01:56 AM
Scary how good the Pats are. The Bills are no pushover this year.

Ivan Drago
11-19-2007, 05:15 AM
Scary how good the Pats are. The Bills are no pushover this year.

:opens mouth:
:closes it shut:

I'm not ranting about my hatred for the Pats anymore. I've done it too much and I've said enough about them. I'll still argue that they're going undefeated, though, so 16-0. Count on it.

MadMan
11-19-2007, 07:32 AM
Not sure about that. Priest looked pretty good, but they had no passing game whatsoever. The game was close, but even with LJ I don't think they could beat Indy at their worst (and this was pretty close).Okay that is true. But after looking at the stats I realized that it wasn't Croyle's fault the Chiefs lost, nor Priest's either. Dave Reyner went 1 for 3 on field goals. Make two of those and KC wins. However I don't know how far away he was kicking on those. Still he's a shitty kicker and he just might be worse than Lawrence Tyles was. Ugh.

ledfloyd
11-19-2007, 12:05 PM

That was by far the worst the Steelers have played all season. They beat themselves. Some costly, inexcusable holding calls. At least there's the Dolphins next week, and then the Bengals to get into shape for New England. I hope they give 'em at least as good a game as Indy did.

shaun
11-19-2007, 02:07 PM
Beating up on the crappiest teams in the league probably doesn't prepare you to take on one of the best ever.

I think the Steelers will get slaughtered and it's not because I think they're a bad team necessarily, I just think that because of their schedule they're not nearly as good as their record indicates.

Ivan Drago
11-19-2007, 03:45 PM
The Steelers lost to the Jets. They won't beat New England.

MadMan
11-19-2007, 09:53 PM
The Steelers have lost to three teams they should have beat: the Broncos, the Cardinals, and the Jets. I do think they and the Giants are best equipped to give the Patriots a hearty battle, but I donno if either can best NE. We'll just have to wait and see over the course of the next bunch of weeks.

DSNT
11-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Block of the year (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ3TdzGnBuw).

Make sure you watch the last replay angle.

MadMan
11-20-2007, 03:28 AM
Block of the year (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ3TdzGnBuw).

Make sure you watch the last replay angle.'Roid Man got bitchslapped. Awesome.

Ivan Drago
11-20-2007, 03:54 AM
'Roid Man got bitchslapped. Awesome.

Haha. Roidman. I like the sound of that.

MadMan
11-20-2007, 04:07 AM
Haha. Roidman. I like the sound of that.I've been calling Shawn Merriman that ever since he tested positive for roids last season. And I'm still pissed that he almost ended Priest Holme's career as well. Luckily for Holmes he's been able to play this season and make a comeback, however limited its been.

Benny Profane
11-20-2007, 05:51 PM
I can't remember the last time I flat-out KNEW the Eagles would lose a game. They've been heavy underdogs before, but there was always an inkling of hope. There is none this week, with or without #5.

I should turn it into a drinking game. Any time the Pats get in the endzone, or any time 16-0 is mentioned, chug a beer. I won't make it past the second quarter.

Ivan Drago
11-20-2007, 06:05 PM
I've been calling Shawn Merriman that ever since he tested positive for roids last season.

I knew that was the reasoning. I just think it's funny if one imagines a superhero called Roidman.

So you're pissed at Roidman for nearly ending Priest Holmes' career? What about A.J. Hawk of the Packers for hurting LJ? But then again, he did carry the ball more than 400 times last season.

MadMan
11-20-2007, 10:18 PM
I knew that was the reasoning. I just think it's funny if one imagines a superhero called Roidman.

So you're pissed at Roidman for nearly ending Priest Holmes' career? What about A.J. Hawk of the Packers for hurting LJ? But then again, he did carry the ball more than 400 times last season.Heh that would be a cool superhero. And yes I'm not happy about the AJ Hawk hit, but I'm more pissed at Edwards for running LJ into the ground last season. I wonder how much of that injury was a result of Edwards over-using LJ and AJ's badass defensive skills. The Chiefs need to either try to trade for a good RB or draft some in the next draft. KC can't keep on relying on one back for the entire season, especially when the QB situation is bad right now. I don't believe that Croyle is the long term solution.

Kurosawa Fan
11-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Priest Holmes Re-injures Neck; Announcing Retirement (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3122112)

His fall from grace is a shame, especially after being able to recover from the knee injury he suffered in Baltimore.

Spinal
11-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Priest Holmes Re-injures Neck; Announcing Retirement (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3122112)

His fall from grace is a shame, especially after being able to recover from the knee injury he suffered in Baltimore.

So, are you saying I should bench him for this upcoming game? :|

Kurosawa Fan
11-21-2007, 05:06 PM
So, are you saying I should bench him for this upcoming game? :|

You might want to keep an eye on the injury report just to be safe. The Chiefs like to "play the game", if you catch my drift.

shaun
11-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Kolby 'Superfunk' Smith is about to run wild. And I only say that because being last in WW position in my league, he's my most significant acquisition in 2 months.

Benny Profane
11-21-2007, 05:37 PM
If Holmes were on the Patriots he'd still be listed as questionable for this week's game.

Kurosawa Fan
11-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Kolby 'Superfunk' Smith is about to run wild. And I only say that because being last in WW position in my league, he's my most significant acquisition in 2 months.

Heh. I grabbed him too. Why the heck not? Could be solid insurance come playoff time.

dreamdead
11-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Seattle's Josh Brown vs. Devin Hester (http://youtube.com/watch?v=dQTNNjXcGIc)

I'm sorry, but the jubilation Brown exhibits here is simply glorious.

Kurosawa Fan
11-21-2007, 06:28 PM

I'm sorry, but the jubilation Brown exhibits here is simply glorious.

Quarterbacks and kickers are becoming defensive juggernauts. It's insanity!

Scar
11-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Quarterbacks and kickers are becoming defensive juggernauts. It's insanity!

Can't top Fuad Reveiz (sp?!) getting a 15 yard unneccessary roughness penalty against him! :lol:

DavidSeven
11-21-2007, 06:39 PM
Josh Brown is a tough cookie. I've seen him make at least a couple solid tackles. He had a great one in Denver last year.

MadMan
11-21-2007, 10:07 PM

His fall from grace is a shame, especially after being able to recover from the knee injury he suffered in Baltimore.I figured he was going to retire after the season at the very least. Now the Chiefs don't have a running game and must depend on a rookie to help out a QB who's only been in the league two years and a rookie WR. God help KC. My favorite team is only winning 4-6 games this season, tops. They might even lose to the Raiders this weekend.

Anyways, thanks for all the great memories Priest. Easily one of the best RB's the Chiefs ever had, and I hope he gets into the Hall of Fame years down the road. He's actually my favorite player of all time (Brett Farve is second) and I still have the picture of his jersey next to Farve's in the Hall of Fame when I visited there after graduating high school. At the time Holmes had the record for most TD's in a season and Farve's I believe was in there for most consective starts by a QB. I thought it was awesome that their jersey's were side by side.

I'm sorry, but the jubilation Brown exhibits here is simply glorious.Hah that's cool. Sometimes a kicker is the last line of defense....

Ivan Drago
11-22-2007, 05:14 AM
Heh. I grabbed him too. Why the heck not? Could be solid insurance come playoff time.
Are you Colts and such as in the Matchcut Fantasy League?

Kurosawa Fan
11-22-2007, 05:24 AM
Are you Colts and such as in the Matchcut Fantasy League?

Indeed I am.

MadMan
11-22-2007, 06:21 AM
I'm excited for the Packers-Lions game, as it will be the only close game today. The Cowboys will murder the Jets and the Falcons could make a good of things if they start Joey Harrington but instead they'll probably start Leftwich who has actually been worse this season, partly due to injury. The Colts should be thankful they aren't playing the Lions this year as I think the Lions could actually beat a banged up Indy team or at least play them really close.

Ivan Drago
11-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Indeed I am.

It's just that I've always thought you were Fire Millen and then that name was gone, so I was like, "Who's Colts and such as? This guy's kicking ass."

But I find it funny that you're a Colts fan and Tom Brady is your starting QB.

Our Aurora
11-23-2007, 08:14 AM
It's just that I've always thought you were Fire Millen and then that name was gone, so I was like, "Who's Colts and such as? This guy's kicking ass."

I know he is such a cheater!

I wish that they scheduled competitive and enjoyable games on Thanksgiving...

Kurosawa Fan
11-23-2007, 01:06 PM

I changed my name before the season started. And the only way to win at Fantasy Football is to put your personal bias aside and draft the player you know you should take, regardless of team.

MadMan
11-24-2007, 03:20 AM
The Packers kicked ass yesterday. The Cowboys and Colts winning wasn't surprising in the least. I don't think I've ever seen a competitive game on Thanksgiving, although I've only been watching football since 1996 so go figure.

Ivan Drago
11-24-2007, 05:50 AM
My predictions for the Top 5 in the draft, with the standings the way they are now:

1. Miami Dolphins - Matt Ryan, QB - Boston College
2. New York Jets - Darren McFadden, RB - Arkansas
3. St. Louis Rams - Jake Long, OT - Michigan
4. New England Patriots - Glenn Dorsey, DT - LSU
5. Oakland Raiders - Chris Long, DE - Virginia

dreamdead
11-25-2007, 02:43 PM
I forgot rule #1 in fantasy football, if a team plays on Thursday start their running back, since the team will typically rely on him. So I sat Barber III and now I need Chester Taylor to reaquaint himself with touchdowns. I also need someone to collect the bounty on Tom Brady's knees (http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2007/11/effective-immediately-tom-brady-knee.html) to beat KF this week. Somehow, I foresee another loss...

Ezee E
11-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Vikings Defense rocks it.

MadMan
11-25-2007, 07:58 PM
The Chiefs are just as bad offensively as the Raiders were last season. Okay maybe not that bad, but they suck. And our defense is allowing the Raiders to run all day. Fuck. Shit. Goddamnit. I want Carl Petterson's head on a platter for failing to ship LJ around in a package that would have maybe got KC some good or even decent players. Oh and Dave Rayner's terrible kicking in this game caused the Chiefs mascot to pretend to bang its head into the goal post. That mascot represents just how I feel right now. We will rightfully lose this game. I'm pissed. No beyond pissed. In fact I've crossed over into general apathy. Well I'm almost there. Does the defense even try anymore? Kolby Smith is the only shinning spot in this game right now for KC.

shaun
11-25-2007, 09:15 PM
Heh. I grabbed him too. Why the heck not? Could be solid insurance come playoff time.Kolby Smith is a god.

MadMan
11-25-2007, 10:21 PM
I don't know if I want to watch another Chiefs game this season. At least the Bills actually put forth some kind of effort. I can't help but feel that KC has given up already.

On a happier note Brett Farve is awesome. If the Packers manage to reach the Super Bowl I can't help but think he'll retire, win or lose. But you never know. The guy's arm strength is still pretty high, which is surprising for a QB at his age.

With a brutal pounding of the Giants the Vikings avenged that blowout loss they suffered to NY back in the 2000 NFC championship game. LOL Eli Manning.

Kurosawa Fan
11-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Kolby Smith is a god.

He was on my bench, which sucks, especially because the Broncos announced shortly after 1 (thank you Shanahan, you bastard) that Selvin Young isn't playing. I had to pick up Najeh Davenport for a spot start. Pathetic. Still, hopefully he keeps up performances like that so I can use him down the stretch.

Derek
11-25-2007, 11:07 PM
The Chiefs are just as bad offensively as the Raiders were last season. Okay maybe not that bad, but they suck. And our defense is allowing the Raiders to run all day. Fuck. Shit. Goddamnit. I want Carl Petterson's head on a platter for failing to ship LJ around in a package that would have maybe got KC some good or even decent players. Oh and Dave Rayner's terrible kicking in this game caused the Chiefs mascot to pretend to bang its head into the goal post. That mascot represents just how I feel right now. We will rightfully lose this game. I'm pissed. No beyond pissed. In fact I've crossed over into general apathy. Well I'm almost there. Does the defense even try anymore? Kolby Smith is the only shinning spot in this game right now for KC.

I was watching that game earlier and it almost put me to sleep. Talk about consistently sloppy football - even the tackles looked fundamentally unsound. Culpepper looked like an offense lineman in the pocket and with the way he threw the ball, some people may not have been able to tell the difference. I eventually turned it off since rooting for the Raiders physically pains me, despite my enjoyment of seeing the Chiefs lose. Thankfully the Broncos have finally got their offense together for several weeks in a row. Brandon Marshall is a beast and once Walker's fully healthy, Cutler should really be able to shine. Not that they have a shot of going anywhere in the playoffs this year, but if their defense can play a bit more consistently and they find a RB to stick with, they could actually make a decent run next season.

Derek
11-25-2007, 11:40 PM
if their defense can play a bit more consistently

Ok, so scratch that. Their defense sucks balls and chokes on the pubes. I honestly didn't think it was possible to allow Rex Grossman to lead a team down the field to tie a game up. It's not televised, but I feel safe in assuming they played their typical bend-and-break Prevent D that's allowed teams to go up and down the field on us for the past 5 years. But Christ, it's Rex fucking Grossman.

dreamdead
11-25-2007, 11:57 PM
Damn you, KF. You have Brady, Moss, AND Hester? You suck. :cry:

And hey, how 'bout them Browns?

monolith94
11-26-2007, 12:27 AM
Asanate Samuel for a TD return! W00t! Love that guy.

MadMan
11-26-2007, 12:27 AM
Ok, so scratch that. Their defense sucks balls and chokes on the pubes. I honestly didn't think it was possible to allow Rex Grossman to lead a team down the field to tie a game up. It's not televised, but I feel safe in assuming they played their typical bend-and-break Prevent D that's allowed teams to go up and down the field on us for the past 5 years. But Christ, it's Rex fucking Grossman.I didn't catch the end of that game. But hey take heart: even the Packers lost to the Bears this season. And they're a great NFC team. This year's Broncos team has been inconsistant, but I think Cutler has started to stablize the QB position and yes I agree he will be helped by some of his WR's recovering. Coach Mike needs to stop the idiotic merry go round of RB's and pick two backs and stick to them for an entire season. I'm sure fantasy owners agree as well heh. Trust me Denver will sweep the Chiefs and the Raiders this season, and they still have a chance to split with the Chargers. In that shit division the team that reaches 9 or 8 wins will probably take it.

The problem is that the Wild Card in the AFC may be sewed up pretty soon. I think the Browns and bearing any collapse the Jags will be the Wild Card teams. Unless the Colts don't get healthy and the Jags take the division. A healthy Titans team has a shot but Vince Young is suffering from a second year slump which is hurting the team, plus injuries on defense. But its still a bit too early to talk playoffs just yet.

DSNT
11-26-2007, 12:45 AM
Coach Mike needs to stop the idiotic merry go round of RB's and pick two backs and stick to them for an entire season.
In most years, you are absolutely correct, but this year his running backs have either been hurting themselves or smoking pot.

I can't help but be impressed at how easily they can plug runners into their system. First Henry, then Young, and now Hall are all looking like dominant backs.

This year's Broncos team has been inconsistant, but I think Cutler has started to stablize the QB position and yes I agree he will be helped by some of his WR's recovering.
Cutler still has some learning to do, but I think he's going to be the best QB out of that draft. He has a golden arm and his judgment is getting better and better. Even though he was inconsistent, he made some amazing throws tonight. The receivers helped a little too.

Speaking of Denver receivers, did anyone see that Tony Sheffler catch in the end zone? Now that's what I call focus.

MadMan
11-26-2007, 01:02 AM
In most years, you are absolutely correct, but this year his running backs have either been hurting themselves or smoking pot.

I can't help but be impressed at how easily they can plug runners into their system. First Henry, then Young, and now Hall are all looking like dominant backs.Okay, fair enough. I was more so refering to past seasons with that comment.

Cutler still has some learning to do, but I think he's going to be the best QB out of that draft. He has a golden arm and his judgment is getting better and better. Even though he was inconsistent, he made some amazing throws tonight. The receivers helped a little too.

Speaking of Denver receivers, did anyone see that Tony Sheffler catch in the end zone? Now that's what I call focus.I agree with you on Cutler. Leinart regressed badly and got injured, and Young has also suffered from a second season slump. Mean while Cutler is starting to show that he can command an offense, and he actually showed he was ready to start from the first time the Broncos sent him in to replace Jake the Snake. My friend and I wish that the Packers would have drafted him instead of sticking with Aaron Rodgers. But I've told my friend that Rodgers could turn out to be okay, despite the fact that neither of us can recall any good QBs in the NFL from Cal (maybe we're just too lazy to do any research heh). Storkley and Walker were good pick ups free agency wise, and if Walker remains healthy he will be Cutler's go to guy next season.

The Eagles scored on the Pats but the Pats are up by 7 in the first quarter. Considering we all saw what the Pats did to McNabb the last time I wonder how AJ Feely will fare tonight. I think the Eagles defense will try and take out Brady /John Madden commentary.

Ivan Drago
11-26-2007, 01:26 AM
Brady NEVER gets sacked! This game is a surprise so far.

MadMan
11-26-2007, 02:04 AM
I'm on upset watch. It would amuse me greatly if the Eagles were able to do what the Cowboys and the Colts couldn't. There's still half of the game left to go though so I'll just wait and see what happens.

monolith94
11-26-2007, 02:45 AM
I'll give credit to the eagles - they're certainly playing their hearts out. I still have to think we'll win this one though. I mean, we have to, right?

shaun
11-26-2007, 02:52 AM
The Best Team in History™ is looking a little weak.

MadMan
11-26-2007, 03:31 AM
The Best Team in Historyâ„¢ is looking a little weak.Even the 72 Dolphins had some close games. But I don't think the Pats will go undefeated this year. If they managed to beat the Eagles they'll probably either lose to the Steelers or the Giants. Maybe even to a team they have no business losing to, which has happened in the past (the Dolphins upset on MNF for example). That said the Pats just ended this by picking off Feely. The defense came up with big plays when it really had to despite allowing 28 points. Still New England has yet to allow anyone to score 30 points this season which is mighty impressive.

Kurosawa Fan
11-26-2007, 04:03 AM
Can we avoid all the discussion about "this shows the Pats are vulnerable"? Please? All this showed was that the Pats had an off night and Feely had the night of his life. When he came back down to earth he was the same A.J. we've seen in Miami: a quarterback who makes bad decisions. Plain and simple. New England is no more vulnerable now than they were last week when they put up 56. It's the same team.

MadMan
11-26-2007, 04:06 AM
I think the Cowboys, Colts and Eagles showed that there is a game play to beating the Pats. However if any team can actually successfully impliment this game plan remains to be seen.

Derek
11-26-2007, 04:27 AM
Can we avoid all the discussion about "this shows the Pats are vulnerable"? Please? All this showed was that the Pats had an off night and Feely had the night of his life. When he came back down to earth he was the same A.J. we've seen in Miami: a quarterback who makes bad decisions. Plain and simple. New England is no more vulnerable now than they were last week when they put up 56. It's the same team.

Exactly. There offense was still impressive, even though the line showed some weaknesses that hadn't been exposed before. I'll somewhat agree with the post-game comments that Philly has given a blueprint for what can beat the Pats, but duh guys, getting pressure on the QB and consistently completing short-to-medium passes over the middle is kinda the recipe for beating like every team in the league. They made it sound like Philly was the first team that actually considered blitzing them this season.

DSNT
11-26-2007, 04:31 AM
Can we avoid all the discussion about "this shows the Pats are vulnerable"?
I wouldn't go quite as far as saying that this makes the Pats vulnerable, but lots of coaches will be combing through that game tape trying to imitate the pressure defense and opening up the passing game like Feeley did. It could make a difference in the playoffs, but no team on their remaining schedule has the talent to play them this tough. That includes the Steelers. This team will go 16-0.

Ezee E
11-26-2007, 11:45 AM
I still wonder if they'll sit Brady/Moss etc at the end of the year considering they'll probably clinch a playoff spot next week or so.

Gizmo
11-26-2007, 11:50 AM
I still wonder if they'll sit Brady/Moss etc at the end of the year considering they'll probably clinch a playoff spot next week or so.

Don't you mean they'll probably clinch a playoff spot before they play last night?

Ezee E
11-26-2007, 12:37 PM
Don't you mean they'll probably clinch a playoff spot before they play last night?
Did they already? Wow.

Well, they'll clinch home-field advantage by Week 14 most likely.

Gizmo
11-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Did they already? Wow.

Well, they'll clinch home-field advantage by Week 14 most likely.

yep... Buffalo's loss did it before they even took the field. Home-field is a week or 2 away.

shaun
11-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Sean Taylor shot

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3127928

Umm... not all that surprising I guess.

Mysterious Dude
11-26-2007, 03:47 PM
In the groin, huh? That's probably not where I would choose to get shot.

Scar
11-26-2007, 03:48 PM
In the groin, huh? That's probably not where I would choose to get shot.

:eek:

Kurosawa Fan
11-26-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm not sure I could be less surprised about an athlete being shot. Maybe Stephen Jackson. Or Ricky Manning Jr.

Ezee E
11-26-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm not sure I could be less surprised about an athlete being shot. Maybe Stephen Jackson. Or Ricky Manning Jr.
Pacman Jones.

Kurosawa Fan
11-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Pacman Jones.

Nah, it'd just be someone from his "entourage". He's a coward.

Ezee E
11-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Nah, it'd just be someone from his "entourage". He's a coward.
True.

Of course, Darrent Williams was someone that we never would have thought of as someone getting shot, and it happened last year in an area that I frequently walk through in Denver.

I guess it could happen to anyone.

Kurosawa Fan
11-26-2007, 05:04 PM
True.

Of course, Darrent Williams was someone that we never would have thought of as someone getting shot, and it happened last year in an area that I frequently walk through in Denver.

I guess it could happen to anyone.

Certainly, that's why I added the "surprised" bit. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the players I mentioned was shot.

MadMan
11-26-2007, 10:05 PM
In the groin, huh? That's probably not where I would choose to get shot.Yikes. That's the last place I would want to get shot. Well besides the heart, lungs and brain of course. And aside from the fact I never want to get shot.

MadMan
11-27-2007, 03:43 AM
I wouldn't wish a 3-0 loss on even the team I hate the most in the NFL (the Broncos). That's just awful for the hapless Dolphins. The Fish are gunning for the '76-'77 Bucs record of 0-26 over two seasons and are also on their way to becoming the first 0-16 team in the league's history. That field was just a muddy mess.

Spinal
11-27-2007, 03:46 AM
3-0 football! Gotta love it!

Spinal
11-27-2007, 03:47 AM
I wouldn't wish a 3-0 loss on even the team I hate the most in the NFL (the Broncos). That's just awful for the hapless Dolphins. The Fish are gunning for the '76-'77 Bucs record of 0-26 over two seasons and are also on their way to becoming the first 0-16 team in the league's history. That field was just a muddy mess.

If the Dolphins went without a win and had their unbeaten season bested in the same year, I would laugh. Heartily.

MadMan
11-27-2007, 03:58 AM
If the Dolphins went without a win and had their unbeaten season bested in the same year, I would laugh. Heartily.Okay I'm not gonna lie: that does sound hilarious. I'm a long time Fish hater myself. And I'm tired of hearing Don Shula whine and bitch about the Pats team that may break his record and how they should have an astrisk next to them if they do it. If NE somehow goes all the way Shula suck it up like a man and deal with it. Same goes for all the members of the '72 Dolphins. I know that's a late reaction to what happened a while back but that's my take on the whole thing. Better late than never I suppose...

Kurosawa Fan
11-27-2007, 04:40 AM
Let's not get too excited. The Dolphins play the Jets next week. I'm with Spinal though, that would be too funny. I just wish it wasn't the Pats doing it.

Scar
11-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Taylor died.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3129406

Scar
11-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Did anyone see Ricky Williams get cleated last night? God-DAMN.

Also, I despised how the announcers were slamming his effort. How 'bout you old fuckers go and suit up and play in that shit?

Benny Profane
11-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Taylor died.

What I find hard to believe is that after previous break-in attempts, the intruders were able to gain access all the way up to Taylor's bedroom without being detected. They've got things called alarms and gates and guard dogs nowadays.

Apparently he got his home security from the same place as George Harrison.

Ivan Drago
11-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Taylor died.

:cry:

He was one of the best young talents in the NFL. R.I.P.

shaun
11-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Wow. That sucks.

I joked that it wasn't surprising because he's sort of on my short list of players that I expect bad stuff to happen to, like Kellen Winslow and Chris Henry.

Hopefully they catch the person who did it.

Kurosawa Fan
11-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Awful news. R.I.P.

Benny Profane
11-27-2007, 02:47 PM
I still think this might be stemming from a can of worms he opened at some point.

They broke into his house and took nothing (just left the knife on the bed). A week later they come back, shoot him, and take nothing again.

It's pretty sad to hear about the kid die and I'm by no means saying "he asked for it", but the story from day one just stinks of personal/business vendetta. Knowing Sean Taylor as a bit of a lunatic (strange recluse, pistol whipping millionaire, etc.) and his struggle to detach himself from the hood, this just looks like a planned hit.

If it were just robbery, I'm sure the burglars could've gotten away with a ton of stuff, or Taylor would've given up some stuff if he knew he was facing a gun.

Just doesn't fit the model of a "normal" home invasion. Ironically it was probably part of Sean Taylors plea bargain and probation that he could not own a gun himself, for protection.

But seriously, if some dudes broke into your house and left a knife on your bed, wouldn't you get the hell out of there? He has the means to do it. At least get yourself an Akita, or take more precautions.

Ezee E
11-27-2007, 05:48 PM
It does make sense to me. The robbers probably figured that he was playing on Sunday night, far away from home, with nobody at home. They break in, most likely knowing how to crack the system or disfiguring it, and when Sean comes out of his bedroom, they freak out, shoot him, and leave quickly before the cops come.

MadMan
11-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Did anyone see Ricky Williams get cleated last night? God-DAMN.

Also, I despised how the announcers were slamming his effort. How 'bout you old fuckers go and suit up and play in that shit?That I did. And even though I'm not the biggest fan of his comeback but the announcers were slamming a guy who hadn't been on the field in two years? Wow. Just wow. That's idiotic. I don't like the CBS broadcasting team but I didn't hear any of them badmouth Priest Holmes' efforts when he returned to play for a short stint. To be able to condition yourself into playing shape at an age when most players retire or start to consider leaving the game is impressive to me.

Its a damn shame about Taylor. I was shocked to read the news last night considering the doctors thought he was making progress. RIP man.

Benny Profane
11-27-2007, 05:52 PM
It does make sense to me. The robbers probably figured that he was playing on Sunday night, far away from home, with nobody at home. They break in, most likely knowing how to crack the system or disfiguring it, and when Sean comes out of his bedroom, they freak out, shoot him, and leave quickly before the cops come.

But they already successfully broke in once, didn't take anything, and just left a knife on his bed. If their goal was to rob the place, they could have done it the first time.

Yet another fallen alum from The U.

Kurosawa Fan
11-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Worst. Comeback. Ever. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3130119)

Gizmo
11-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Worst. Comeback. Ever. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3130119)

he lasted longer than I originally expected.

Ivan Drago
11-28-2007, 01:27 PM
That was hysterical though. Lawrence Timmons used Ricky as a stepping stone to recover the fumble, and because of that, Ricky's out for the year. :lol:

Scar
11-28-2007, 01:33 PM
That was hysterical though. Lawrence Timmons used Ricky as a stepping stone to recover the fumble, and because of that, Ricky's out for the year. :lol:

Hysterical? Grow up.

MadMan
11-28-2007, 02:36 PM
Hysterical? Grow up.I'd say.

Last night on PTI Tony Kornheiser defended Ricky Williams, saying that the guy deserved a fair shake to try again and such. I kind of agree with him, but I'd say age wise and such Williams may be done for good.

Benny Profane
11-29-2007, 12:41 PM
In a move nobody expected after Sean Taylor's murder Jason Whitlock has prepared this feast for the eyes:

Jason Whitlock
FOXSports.com, Updated 4 hours ago

There's a reason I call them the Black KKK. The pain, the fear and the destruction are all the same.

Someone who loved Sean Taylor is crying right now. The life they knew has been destroyed, an 18-month-old baby lost her father, and, if you're a black man living in America, you've been reminded once again that your life is in constant jeopardy of violent death.

The Black KKK claimed another victim, a high-profile professional football player with a checkered past this time.

No, we don't know for certain the circumstances surrounding Taylor's death. I could very well be proven wrong for engaging in this sort of aggressive speculation. But it's no different than if you saw a fat man fall to the ground clutching his chest. You'd assume a heart attack, and you'd know, no matter the cause, the man needed to lose weight.

Well, when shots are fired and a black man hits the pavement, there's every statistical reason to believe another black man pulled the trigger. That's not some negative, unfair stereotype. It's a reality we've been living with, tolerating and rationalizing for far too long.

When the traditional, white KKK lynched, terrorized and intimidated black folks at a slower rate than its modern-day dark-skinned replacement, at least we had the good sense to be outraged and in no mood to contemplate rationalizations or be fooled by distractions.

Our new millennium strategy is to pray the Black KKK goes away or ignores us. How's that working?

About as well as the attempt to shift attention away from this uniquely African-American crisis by focusing on an "injustice" the white media allegedly perpetrated against Sean Taylor.

Within hours of his death, there was a story circulating that members of the black press were complaining that news outlets were disrespecting Taylor's victimhood by reporting on his troubled past

No disrespect to Taylor, but he controlled the way he would be remembered by the way he lived. His immature, undisciplined behavior with his employer, his run-ins with law enforcement, which included allegedly threatening a man with a loaded gun, and the fact a vehicle he owned was once sprayed with bullets are all pertinent details when you've been murdered.

Marcellus Wiley, a former NFL player, made the radio circuit Wednesday, singing the tune that athletes are targets. That was his explanation for the murders of Taylor and Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams and the armed robberies of NBA players Antoine Walker and Eddy Curry.

Really?

Let's cut through the bull(manure) and deal with reality. Black men are targets of black men. Period. Go check the coroner's office and talk with a police detective. These bullets aren't checking W-2s.

Rather than whine about white folks' insensitivity or reserve a special place of sorrow for rich athletes, we'd be better served mustering the kind of outrage and courage it took in the 1950s and 1960s to stop the white KKK from hanging black men from trees.

But we don't want to deal with ourselves. We take great joy in prescribing medicine to cure the hate in other people's hearts. Meanwhile, our self-hatred, on full display for the world to see, remains untreated, undiagnosed and unrepentant.

Our self-hatred has been set to music and reinforced by a pervasive culture that promotes a crab-in-barrel mentality.

You're damn straight I blame hip hop for playing a role in the genocide of American black men. When your leading causes of death and dysfunction are murder, ignorance and incarceration, there's no reason to give a free pass to a culture that celebrates murder, ignorance and incarceration.

Of course there are other catalysts, but until we recapture the minds of black youth, convince them that it's not OK to "super man dat ho" and end any and every dispute by "cocking on your bitch," nothing will change.

Does a Soulja Boy want an education?

HBO did a fascinating documentary on Little Rock Central High School, the Arkansas school that required the National Guard so that nine black kids could attend in the 1950s. Fifty years later, the school is one of the nation's best in terms of funding and educational opportunities. It's 60 percent black and located in a poor black community.

Watch the documentary and ask yourself why nine poor kids in the '50s risked their lives to get a good education and a thousand poor black kids today ignore the opportunity that is served to them on a platter.

Blame drugs, blame Ronald Reagan, blame George Bush, blame it on the rain or whatever. There's only one group of people who can change the rotten, anti-education, pro-violence culture our kids have adopted. We have to do it.

According to reports, Sean Taylor had difficulty breaking free from the unsavory characters he associated with during his youth.

The "keepin' it real" mantra of hip hop is in direct defiance to evolution. There's always someone ready to tell you you're selling out if you move away from the immature and dangerous activities you used to do, you're selling out if you speak proper English, embrace education, dress like a grown man, do anything mainstream.

The Black KKK is enforcing the same crippling standards as its parent organization. It wants to keep black men in their place — uneducated, outside the mainstream and six feet deep.

In all likelihood, the Black Klan and its mentality buried Sean Taylor, and any black man or boy reading this could be next.

Kurosawa Fan
11-29-2007, 01:13 PM
Wow. Those are strong words. Whitlock is a phenomenal writer.

Benny Profane
11-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Wow. Those are strong words. Whitlock is a phenomenal writer.

Agreed on some level. I do think he is honestly outraged (in general), but he's become the most predictable writer out there. He forces it onto the pages.