PDA

View Full Version : Savage Grace

Kurosawa Fan
05-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/savagegrace/trailer/)

I do like me some Julianne Moore.

NickGlass
05-13-2008, 04:57 AM
Oh, it's so spectacularly sleazy.

The first fifteen minutes are awfully stale, but from there it turns into some vibrant, bizarro European film.

Silencio
05-13-2008, 05:20 AM
It's trashy entertainment that plays out like a prolonged timeline. I laughed when text over the final scene relayed what happened to the characters afterwards since the film's entire episodic nature did just that throughout. There's no depth to any of what transpires but for some reason, it's still watchable. Moore adds a certain flavour and life to the banal proceedings, clearly having fun with the role while some of the other actors, mainly the son, took it a little too seriously and came off stiff. I just wish the whole thing had been played up as camp, would've been a much better film than the pseudo-intellectual sexual drama that it is.

Doclop
05-13-2008, 09:18 PM
I want to see this very badly. It feels like it's been at every festival for the past 6 months or more.

NickGlass
05-15-2008, 06:39 PM
It's trashy entertainment that plays out like a prolonged timeline. I laughed when text over the final scene relayed what happened to the characters afterwards since the film's entire episodic nature did just that throughout. There's no depth to any of what transpires but for some reason, it's still watchable. Moore adds a certain flavour and life to the banal proceedings, clearly having fun with the role while some of the other actors, mainly the son, took it a little too seriously and came off stiff. I just wish the whole thing had been played up as camp, would've been a much better film than the pseudo-intellectual sexual drama that it is.

A film doesn't have to parade around as camp in order for me to perceive it as so.