PDA

View Full Version : does a character limit make sense?

monolith94
05-01-2008, 02:15 PM
I know that the current character limit is long enough so that it is very rarely encountered, but when it is encountered it is somewhat annoying. But – is it really necessary? It forced me to split a film essay I wrote into a couple of posts, and it forced sxottlan to split his list of ten favorite films from 2007 in twain.

Just a thought, and definitely not a huge deal, but I just thought I'd bring it up, for the benefit of the more long-winded… ;)

Mara
05-02-2008, 02:50 PM
I had to split my Slayer essay into, like, ten posts.

But posts are rarely that long. I can only see a character limit making sense if it is regularly abused.

Sycophant
05-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Brev. Soul. W.

MadMan
05-03-2008, 05:08 AM
This brings to mind "Limits are meant to be broken." Or something like it. I think I heard it in a movie somewhere. I'm not sure.

Anyways I have no problem with the character limits. They exist for reasons my mind cannot even fathom. My. Mind. Is. Blown.

Raiders
05-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Clearly the limit is not the problem, but that you people write way too damn much. I think you could use a lesson in the ways of the "meh" and "the pan" and of the :| and :pritch:.

monolith94
05-06-2008, 04:07 AM
Heheheh.

It's probably embedded deeply into the coding of the board and there's nothing you can do about it, right Raiders?