PDA

View Full Version : Spinal's New Favorite Movie to look forward to...

Ezee E
04-22-2008, 11:16 PM
http://www.awardsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/chimpanzee-2012-1.jpg

Disney is taking off on the success of March of the Penguins and doing Nature Films. This is one of them. Another is simply called Earth. I guess they didn't want to get in legal trouble by ripping off Planet Earth.

Spinal
04-22-2008, 11:24 PM
Based on that poster, this is clearly going to be a Christ allegory.

Watashi
04-22-2008, 11:25 PM
So Hollywood has gotten tired of penguins and now they'ved moved on to monkeys?

Wake me up when the rhinosaurus craze starts.

Spinal
04-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Hippos > Rhinos

Duncan
04-22-2008, 11:28 PM
rhinosaurus This doesn't exist, but I imagine it would be awesome if it did.

Winston*
04-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Why is there no space between Disney and nature? I do not find Disneynature to be an adequate pormanteau.

Ezee E
04-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Based on that poster, this is clearly going to be a Christ allegory.

I love the irony that could come out of that statement.

Ezee E
04-22-2008, 11:31 PM
So Hollywood has gotten tired of penguins and now they'ved moved on to monkeys?

Wake me up when the rhinosaurus craze starts.

Monkeys have always worked. Look at Wizard of Oz and the Planet movies.

CHimps are always $$$.

I figured Pandas or Koalas would be next.

I like the Kangaroos myself.

Ezee E
04-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Here's the future releases actually:

THE CRIMSON WING: Mystery of the Flamingos – Co-directed by Matthew Aeberhard and Leander Ward, and produced by Paul Webster (Kudos Pictures), this film will take viewers to the isolated shores of Lake Natron in northern Tanzania for a birds-eye view of the mysterious lives of flamingos. Worldwide roll-out begins December 2008

OCEANS — Nearly three-quarters of the earth’s surface is covered by oceans. French co-directors Jacques Perrin and Jacques Cluzaud have set out to capture the full expanse of these waters that have played such a crucial and constant role in the history and sustenance of man. The deep and abundant oceans are places of great mysteries and dangers that this film will dare to explore. Domestic release 2010

ORANGUTANS: One Minute to Midnight – Directed by Charlie Hamilton James and produced by Frédéric Fougea, this film tells the true story of a six-year-old male orangutan and his little sister, who must take an incredible journey to find a home and a family. Worldwide release 2010

BIG CATS – Audiences will get to meet three mothers – a lioness, a leopard and a cheetah – as they explore their world on the great plains of Africa. Co-directed by Keith Scholey and Alastair Fothergill and produced by Alix Tidmarsh, this film will show how these magnificent animals survive on their power and their cunning, while they protect and teach their cubs the ways of the wild. Worldwide release 2011

NAKED BEAUTY: A Love Story that Feeds the Earth – In this film, nature is ready for its close-up … a very close-up, as exacting macro photography takes us to the realm of flowers and their pollinators. Acclaimed filmmaker Louie Schwartzberg introduces us to a bat, a hummingbird, a butterfly and a bumblebee, demonstrating their intricate interdependence and how life on earth depends on the success of these determined, diminutive creatures. Naked Beauty is produced by Blacklight Films and Alix Tidmarsh. Worldwide release 2011

CHIMPANZEE — Alastair Fothergill and Mark Linfield co-direct this intimate look at the world of chimpanzees, with Christophe Boesch, head of the Wild Chimpanzee Foundation, serving as principal consultant and Alix Tidmarsh as producer. To be shot over three years in the tropical jungles of the Ivory Coast and Uganda, Chimpanzee will help us better understand this exceptionally intelligent species. Worldwide release 2012.

Not one, but two monkey movies. Give me the Cats and hopefully... the kangaroos.

megladon8
04-23-2008, 02:30 AM
Does no one else get a "12 year old photoshop job" vibe from that poster?

I think I have that font on WordPad.

ledfloyd
04-23-2008, 03:06 AM
something tells me Naked Beauty isn't what I'm thinking based on the title.

D_Davis
04-23-2008, 03:22 AM
As a kid, I loved all of the Disney nature films.

SirNewt
04-23-2008, 03:39 AM
Will the chimp use a sign language recognition system to sing and dance us a moral?

number8
04-23-2008, 05:13 AM
Why is there no space between Disney and nature? I do not find Disneynature to be an adequate pormanteau.

Because the portmanteau "Disnature" would sound like a nature show on the Bible Network.

Doclop
04-25-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm all for these films and will likely see them all. A screening of Earth was just canceled in DC because of Disney's acquisition of it. Frustrating, but potentially beneficial for the film.