PDA

View Full Version : It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Kurosawa Fan
11-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Where has this show been all my life? Why was I not informed of it's genius long ago? It's one of the most demented shows I've seen in a long time. The episode in which they're sentenced to community service is the hardest I've laughed at a television show in a long long time.

Please tell me there are more of you out there who have experienced this show.

MadMan
11-06-2007, 01:51 PM
I've seen a few episodes here and there, but I'd rather rent the DVD's to get the whole experience. It does look like something right up my alley though.

Lucky
11-06-2007, 05:24 PM
I caught two episodes in a row one day with my roomamtes and we all thought it was hysterical, yet we never looked into it since then. Don't know why...I would definitely pick it up on DVD if I found it on sale.

Acapelli
11-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Charlie as Serpico the other night was the best thing all season.

"4 the Mare"

Kurosawa Fan
11-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Charlie as Serpico the other night was the best thing all season.

"4 the Mare"

Are they in the third season? I finished the first and second seasons a couple nights ago, but I desperately want to catch up and start watching as they air.

Acapelli
11-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Yup they are, and this season is better than the last so far.

eternity
11-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Fucking brilliance.

Thirdmango
01-23-2008, 12:01 AM
I just bought the dvds, this is a very funny show. Very weird. Didn't expect it to be what it is.

krazed
01-23-2008, 12:43 AM
Pepper Jack love Fraggle Rock.

Henry Gale
02-06-2008, 03:07 AM
Just watched the first two seasons over the past few days. Just a brilliant and incredibly addictive show. Right up with South Park, Kenny vs. Spenny, Flight Of The Conchords, The Office and 30 Rock as one of the funniest shows (that are still having new episodes made) for me.

Can't wait to move onto the third season now.

Dead & Messed Up
02-06-2008, 03:15 AM
Where has this show been all my life? Why was I not informed of it's genius long ago? It's one of the most demented shows I've seen in a long time. The episode in which they're sentenced to community service is the hardest I've laughed at a television show in a long long time.

Please tell me there are more of you out there who have experienced this show.

I just rewatched that the other day. I love love love when Charlie jumps in as referee. Amazing.

Lucky
07-01-2008, 11:31 PM
I do not want to wait until August for the third season. I also agree that the episode with the community service is one of the best. I also liked the one where Dee goes to the nursing home.

Kurosawa Fan
07-02-2008, 12:35 AM
I do not want to wait until August for the third season. I also agree that the episode with the community service is one of the best. I also liked the one where Dee goes to the nursing home.

You can watch the entire third season on Hulu.com.

Lucky
07-02-2008, 03:30 AM
You're a saint, K-Fan.

Qrazy
07-02-2008, 06:30 AM
You can watch the entire third season on Hulu.com.

Woah, didn't realize that had happened.

Something else I didn't realize was happening... Mel Brooks Spaceballs Animated Series has started airing in Canada.

Kurosawa Fan
07-02-2008, 03:59 PM
You're a saint, K-Fan.

That's what I keep telling people. I'd appreciate it if you'd start spreading the word. KF, the patron saint of TV shows on the internet.

In all seriousness, Hulu is a great site. I really hope more networks put their shows on there.

EvilShoe
09-15-2008, 04:16 PM
Danny DeVito can be funny! Who knew?

But yes, I also love this show. Especially Charlie. Even more especially Charlie's writing.

Kurosawa Fan
09-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Danny DeVito can be funny! Who knew?

But yes, I also love this show. Especially Charlie. Even more especially Charlie's writing.

His lyrical sheet for "Night Man" is brilliant.

EvilShoe
09-15-2008, 04:28 PM
His lyrical sheet for "Night Man" is brilliant.
Day Man is underrated too.

Kurosawa Fan
09-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Day Man is underrated too.

Well he is the fighter of the Night Man. And the champion of the sun.

Man, I can't wait for the new season to begin.

MadMan
09-17-2008, 07:51 PM
You can watch the entire third season on Hulu.com.What about the first and second seasons? I must check out this Hulu.com.

Kurosawa Fan
09-17-2008, 07:52 PM
What about the first and second seasons? I must check out this Hulu.com.

Yep. THey're all on there right now. Seriously, go watch the first three episodes. If you aren't laughing hysterically by the second episode, you won't like the show.

EvilShoe
09-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Yep. THey're all on there right now. Seriously, go watch the first three episodes. If you aren't laughing hysterically by the second episode, you won't like the show.
Also: dead inside.

Here's an interview with Philadelphia's three leading men about season 4:
http://www.avclub.com/content/interview/its_always_sunny_in

A Charlie musical. Can't wait.

Henry Gale
09-17-2008, 11:59 PM
Are they showing two episodes a week for this whole new season?

It may not be for the whole thing, but on the wiki they have the first six episodes grouped together as airing two each week. Not sure how I'll feel in a few weeks, but right now we have double what was expected (at least by me) for tomorrow!

Kurosawa Fan
09-18-2008, 12:11 AM
Are they showing two episodes a week for this whole new season?

It may not be for the whole thing, but on the wiki they have the first six episodes grouped together as airing two each week. Not sure how I'll feel in a few weeks, but right now we have double what was expected (at least by me) for tomorrow!

Yeah, I just noticed this yesterday when I checked my DVR to see what was recording in the coming weeks. I think I might have squealed a little.

MadMan
09-18-2008, 12:43 AM
Yep. THey're all on there right now. Seriously, go watch the first three episodes. If you aren't laughing hysterically by the second episode, you won't like the show.Heh, okay. I just not only registered at that site, I added it to my bookmarks. Good stuff. Thanks KF.

Dead & Messed Up
09-18-2008, 06:15 AM
Watched a few episodes from Season Three that I missed.

"The Gang Finds a Dumpster Baby" was pretty good, and "The Gang Gets Invincible" has the awesome debut of Green Man, but the winner was easily "The Gang Dances Their Asses Off."

I love when the stuff gets Machiavellian. "Mac Bangs Dennis's Mom" probably did this the best.

Malickfan
09-19-2008, 03:11 AM
Just watched the new episodes. Awesome. The end of the 2nd episode was genius.

Dead & Messed Up
09-19-2008, 06:01 AM
Wild card, bitches!

Henry Gale
09-20-2008, 06:09 PM
If the remaining 50 episodes in FX's order can keep to being even half as good as those two, then I'm pretty sure this will go down as one of the funniest shows ever.

Kurosawa Fan
09-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Wild card, bitches!

This was one of the best episodes they've ever done. That ending had me doubled over.

Qrazy
09-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Just watched the new episodes. Awesome. The end of the 2nd episode was genius.

New like... season 4?

Kurosawa Fan
09-24-2008, 01:59 PM
New like... season 4?

Yes. It started last Thursday.

Qrazy
09-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Nice.

Qrazy
09-26-2008, 08:27 AM
Wild card, bitches!

lol yes that was amazing.

Kurosawa Fan
09-27-2008, 04:14 AM
Pretty disappointing two-pack of episodes this week. Not terrible or anything, but not nearly up to par. Hopefully the full hour episode next week brings the laughs.

Dead & Messed Up
09-27-2008, 04:46 AM
Pretty disappointing two-pack of episodes this week. Not terrible or anything, but not nearly up to par. Hopefully the full hour episode next week brings the laughs.

Certainly nothing to match last week's. Still, I got some laughs out of Charlie chucking a volleyball at Dee's face.

But Green Man isn't as funny as they think it is.

Qrazy
09-28-2008, 03:01 PM
But Green Man isn't as funny as they think it is.

Yes, it is.

Thirdmango
09-29-2008, 11:23 PM
I need this show to sustain life. I didn't know I needed it until I overdosed on it. But now I need it.

Saya
10-16-2008, 05:59 PM
I watched the whole first season last night. This show is fantastic. Charlie is one of the funniest sitcom characters ever.

The only thing I do not like about the first season is the fact that it's only 7 episodes long. That is way too short.

Will start the second season tonight.

Kurosawa Fan
10-26-2008, 03:06 PM
The last two episodes have been really underwhelming. I can't even really remember laughing at anything. Here's hoping they turn things around quickly. I can't remember another set of two episodes not making me laugh.

Qrazy
10-26-2008, 07:21 PM
The last two episodes have been really underwhelming. I can't even really remember laughing at anything. Here's hoping they turn things around quickly. I can't remember another set of two episodes not making me laugh.

I liked the Charlie/Dee bits, the Dennis segments weren't funny.

Kurosawa Fan
10-26-2008, 10:32 PM
I liked the Charlie/Dee bits, the Dennis segments weren't funny.

This reminds me, the one thing I did find funny was Charlie dry heaving at the mic. That was great. I love how they cut away immediately.

Henry Gale
10-27-2008, 04:42 AM
This reminds me, the one thing I did find funny was Charlie dry heaving at the mic. That was great. I love how they cut away immediately.

"So you guys, you ever eat cheese? Cheese is a funny thing-- cheese is a strange thing. I always wondered though: What is cheese? Where does it come--- BLAARRHHH."

I liked the episode quite a bit though. Not one of the strongest of the season, but it still made me laugh more than a few times.

EvilShoe
11-02-2008, 01:18 PM
I was disappointed with the last few episodes as well, but really liked the last one.
Again Charlie made me laugh the hardest, with his conspiracy theory.

Next week's looks like it'll either be genius or awful.

Dead & Messed Up
11-02-2008, 07:15 PM
I was disappointed with the last few episodes as well, but really liked the last one.
Again Charlie made me laugh the hardest, with his conspiracy theory.

The strings and the letters mounted to the wall were great, but Charlie Day proves again that he's one of the funniest fuckers alive. That monologue on "Pepe Silvia" was borderline-genius.

Qrazy
11-07-2008, 05:36 AM
Ehh I think it has jumped the shark. Even Charlie was wasted in this episode.

Dead & Messed Up
11-07-2008, 05:59 AM
Ehh I think it has jumped the shark. Even Charlie was wasted in this episode.

What was kinda disappointing was that they didn't exploit any new character dynamics in the setting. It was just everybody being everybody, except within a half-assed period setting.

They even re-used the Cricket-as-a-sad-sack stuff.

I don't know if the show's jumped the shark, but this episode, ironically, suggests that they're suffering a lack of imagination.

Benny Profane
11-25-2008, 03:00 PM
"Day Man
Fighter of the Night Man
Champion of the sun
Your a master of karate and friendship for everyone."

Come on peeps, that shit is funny.

Kurosawa Fan
11-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Hell yes it is. If this season lived up to the first three, or that episode in particular, I'd be ecstatic.

Benny Profane
11-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Hell yes it is. If this season lived up to the first three, or that episode in particular, I'd be ecstatic.

I thought the poop episode was hysterical, but there was a dry spell between that and the latest one.

Kurosawa Fan
11-25-2008, 05:30 PM
I thought the poop episode was hysterical, but there was a dry spell between that and the latest one.

The Gas Crisis and Poop Episodes have been highlights in a season of lowlights for me. I'm hoping they turn it around in the second half, considering it's one of my favorite shows.

Qrazy
11-25-2008, 10:11 PM
The Gas Crisis and Poop Episodes have been highlights in a season of lowlights for me. I'm hoping they turn it around in the second half, considering it's one of my favorite shows.

If you mean the 6 episodes following who pooped the bed it doesn't turn around, it gets worse. In an Erotic Life and Sweet Dee has a heart attack only Charlie's segments are funny. The Home makeover and Liberty bell episodes are probably the two worst in the show's history. The season finale was solid but not outstanding.

Acapelli
11-25-2008, 11:37 PM
extreme home makeover was hilarious

taco bed

Qrazy
11-26-2008, 12:52 AM
extreme home makeover was hilarious

taco bed

The actual taco bed at the end was classy the rest not so much imo.

shaun
08-06-2009, 01:41 PM
http://www.beacontheatre.com/events/always-sunny-philadelphia-909.html

The cast of FX's "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" will be live at the Beacon Theatre on September 16th, performing their musical "The Nightman Cometh." Sold. This is going to rule.

Kurosawa Fan
08-07-2009, 03:35 PM
September 17th! Here's hoping this season is better than last season.

Acapelli
08-07-2009, 04:41 PM

Sold. This is going to rule.
new york date already sold out. dammit

Benny Profane
08-10-2009, 01:19 PM

Sold. This is going to rule.

I got tix to the Tower Theater in Philly for the 17th. I am awesome.

shaun
08-11-2009, 07:43 PM
I got tix to the Tower Theater in Philly for the 17th. I am awesome.New York sold out too quickly and the non-single seats on StubHub are going for $300+.

Oh well.

Benny Profane
09-17-2009, 01:19 PM
I am seeing them tonight!

Ezee E
12-21-2009, 04:56 AM
Finished the first season. Liked it, but didn't love. I'm going to give the second season a try because I hear that's when it gets hilarious. A friend of mine absolutely loves DeVito in this.

Acapelli
12-21-2009, 05:11 AM
that last episode was possibly my favorite of the entire run

well tied with the christmas special

Kurosawa Fan
07-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally posted this in the t-shirt thread, but realized this is the more appropriate spot for it. I bought this shirt today:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41sPHQspf3L._SS500_.jpg

Sven
07-24-2010, 12:34 PM
The Home makeover ... are probably the two worst in the show's history.

No way! That's the episode that convinced me the show was legitimately great.

Qrazy
07-24-2010, 02:01 PM
No way! That's the episode that convinced me the show was legitimately great.

I may have overstated my dislike for that ep, but I stand by my dislike for The Liberty Bell one.

Kurosawa Fan
07-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Watching the home makeover a second time with my wife, I'm in complete agreement with Sven. That episode is genius.

Sven
07-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Just to iron out the offense, I will admit that the Christmas episode was one of my least favorite episodes. I loved the way Mac and little Mac would slip into his karate moves when excited about his presents, and DeVito being birthed from a chair has definitely seared its way into all planes of my consciousness. But other than that... eh. The Huddleston stuff was unconvincingly written, and the mall bit was predictably outrageous.

Kurosawa Fan
07-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Just to iron out the offense, I will admit that the Christmas episode was one of my least favorite episodes. I loved the way Mac and little Mac would slip into his karate moves when excited about his presents, and DeVito being birthed from a chair has definitely seared its way into all planes of my consciousness. But other than that... eh. The Huddleston stuff was unconvincingly written, and the mall bit was predictably outrageous.

Annnnnnnnnndddddddddd you lost me.

Sven
07-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Annnnnnnnnndddddddddd you lost me.

I need to learn how to not let go of a good thing.

Henry Gale
07-24-2010, 06:32 PM
I like the Christmas episode overall, but it definitely came off as them forcing too many scenes with way more swearing, violence and whatever else just because they could for once. Things like the Rankin-Bass number definitely make the special worthwhile though.

Sven
07-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Things like the Rankin-Bass number definitely make the special worthwhile though.

Yeah, jeez, I dunno. I thought that was pretty weak too. Been done so many times before, and it was kinda cheap, kinda flat...

Anyway, I shouldn't turn this into a thread of complaint. The show is good, even if not every moment is a winner.

MadMan
10-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Okay, so my friend decided to blind buy the first three seasons. Last night, we finished the first season and holy shit is this show magic. I haven't laughed this hard at a new show in a long time. Not only are the episode titles brilliant (Underage Drinking: A National Concern, Gun Fever, The Gang Finds a Dead Guy), but this show has little or no boundaries. Its not afraid to mock anything and everything, which kind of reminds me of South Park and Family Guy. But only live action, with a cast of characters that make the folks from Seinfeld look normal, or at least moral. I think my favorite episode from Season 1 has to be The Gang Finds a Dead Guy. Charlie dressed up as a Nazi=hilarious in a very un-PC, horrible kind of way.

Henry Gale
10-05-2010, 08:59 PM
"The Gang Buys A Boat" was pretty much a classic episode. I've watched it twice now and both times the final shot had me laughing so hard it hurt.

I didn't have any real qualms with the first two, but Charlie's lawyer uncle was probably the highlight of the second. "We're lawyers!"

Spaceman Spiff
10-08-2010, 03:18 AM
Just started watching this tonight, and it's great. Can't believe I had never copped on. I love shows (and movies, books, etc) about despicable people.

B-side
10-08-2010, 06:03 AM
I'm not trying to "jam you up."

Thirdmango
10-16-2010, 04:56 PM
This season is amazing. The buying a boat episode was so incredible. I'm floored considering how much I disliked last season.

RoadtoPerdition
10-17-2010, 04:31 AM
I recently watched season 1-4 and this is definitely the funniest show I've seen. It's like Seinfeld but more offensive and aimed at a younger audience. I haven't had a chance to catch season 5 yet but have been watching season 6, and I must say, it is not as funny as the first 4 season by a longshot. I'm not sure if they've just run out of things to joke about, but I have not laughed nearly as often. Time to throw in a Nightman episode to spruce things up, I'd say.

Henry Gale
11-13-2010, 07:30 PM
This week's was probably the funniest of the season for me. Their Lethal Weapon 5 is up there with some of the best setpiece moments of the show.

Too bad we won't be getting any more Dave Foley, though. I always love characters like him coming into the middle of the story calling out the gang on their stupidity and stopping their plans from a realistic point of view.
Rickety Cricket's done a great job writing these last two episodes.

B-side
11-14-2010, 10:41 AM
This week's was probably the funniest of the season for me. Their Lethal Weapon 5 is up there with some of the best setpiece moments of the show.

http://i56.tinypic.com/33mu0w9.jpg

Kurosawa Fan
11-14-2010, 01:52 PM
I went to high school with the juggalo. He's a great guy. He was also in an episode of Community, though he only had one quick line in that. Still, very cool to see someone I know on the screen like that.

Henry Gale
11-14-2010, 07:52 PM
I went to high school with the juggalo. He's a great guy. He was also in an episode of Community, though he only had one quick line in that. Still, very cool to see someone I know on the screen like that.

That's really cool. I thought he was hilarious, and one of those guest characters from the show, like Charlie's lawyer uncle this season, that I would like to see come back in whatever way somewhere down the line.

"This is a good movie, Ritchie. You're gonna enjoy this."
"Man, I ain't seen the first couple, though."

Thirdmango
11-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Just watched the last three episodes, Mac talking to the Ostrich was a riot.

Acapelli
06-16-2011, 05:47 PM
But in case it’s not, there’s also this: Rob McElhenney gained fifty pounds to play Mac this season. Why? For the sheer comedy of playing his character as a fat guy. “It’s been disgusting to watch him go through with this adventure,” said Charlie Day. “We were a little on the fence about it for his own personal health and safety,” he added, “but it has definitely made Mac a lot funnier.”

http://www.screenjunkies.com/tv/tv-news/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-season-7-preview/

Winston*
06-27-2011, 04:25 AM
http://media.avclub.com/images/articles/article/58/58082/mac_jpg_627x325_crop_upscale_q 85.jpg

Derek
06-27-2011, 04:49 AM
Aw, you're adorable Winston*.

Also, it's uncanny how much my boss's boss look like Mac. Aside from his blonde hair/beard and the fact that he doesn't chase around a homeless ex-priest trying to tea-bag him (unconfirmed), he is Mac.

Qrazy
06-27-2011, 08:12 AM
It unnerves me that I have that same over shirt Charlie is wearing in the pic above as well as a number of hoodies which he also tends to wear.... fuck everything.

Henry Gale
09-16-2011, 02:38 AM
So... I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I hope the tone to the show's humour doesn't stay that grim from now on. It's one thing to go dark, but it's another to not have any real levity or enjoyable ridiculousness to back that kind of stuff up.

B-side
09-17-2011, 04:06 AM
So... I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I hope the tone to the show's humour doesn't stay that grim from now on. It's one thing to go dark, but it's another to not have any real levity or enjoyable ridiculousness to back that kind of stuff up.

You're gonna hate the season premiere, then.:P

Final few minutes were lame. Loved the rest of it.

EyesWideOpen
09-17-2011, 04:32 AM
In the last two months I finally started watching on dvd and it's weird that season 6 doesn't come out on dvd till tuesday but the new season just started. Usually they release the dvd a month or so before to give people a chance to catch up.

Henry Gale
09-17-2011, 04:52 AM

Oh, I should have clarified that I was actually talking about the new episode. It wasn't bad, I still laughed a few times, but I think I found it funnier talking about it the next day with some friends, recalling certain things I had slightly forgotten about or didn't really take in when I watched it. Mac's obsession with mass, his casual insulin shots during lunch, the denim boiling and Charlie's tycoon character; all pretty hilarious.

It may be a thing of my mind already because a bit twisted, or maybe I just know this show too well at this point, but first thing I thought when I saw the hooker was: "Oh no, she's going to die by the end of this episode, isn't she?"

And only a bit of that came from actually recognizing Alanna Ubach, who I had just seen in the Rango behind-the-scenes stuff, Bad Teacher, and knew as the neighbour in Hung. Guest stars don't usually last long...

B-side
09-17-2011, 05:58 AM
"Oh no, she's going to die by the end of this episode, isn't she?"

It's just a lame cliche at this point. I was kinda hoping they'd take her character in a different direction after Dee found out she carried around all that money.

Ivan Drago
09-17-2011, 05:22 PM

"So aside from the diabetes, am I healthier than him?" :lol:

Believe it or not, this was the first full episode I've ever seen from the series. Can't wait to see more!

Acapelli
09-17-2011, 06:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/m8MDM.gif

and

"this jacket's tighter than dick skin"

Lucky
09-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Charlie's tycoon was definitely the highlight for me. I usually don't appreciate this show's attempts at physical humor, but that was a riot.

Even with an extra fifty pounds, I still don't find Mac funny. Whenever they pair Mac and Dennis together it's generally a bust, but the plus side is it usually yields Charlie and Dee time. Unfortunately we didn't get any of that in this ep, but luckily they're still funny on their own.

Thirdmango
09-21-2011, 07:38 PM
When I heard about Mac adding 50 pounds I thought it would be awesome, but just watching it I feel bad for the guy since I'm currently really working on losing weight I just hope he can lose the pounds. It kills the funny for me because instead of laughing riotously at what he does I want the actor to lose the weight and feel better.

The blood, oh man the blood, I didn't see that coming at all and it was amazing.

Ezee E
09-21-2011, 09:20 PM
I think he may have already lost it.

Henry Gale
09-22-2011, 03:53 AM
Yeah, these were taken earlier this week when he did the Sklar Brother's podcast:

http://cdn3.earwolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/IMG_7153.jpg

http://cdn.earwolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/IMG_7159.jpg

Thirdmango
09-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Oh good, I feel better now about laughing at his fat.

Acapelli
09-23-2011, 02:31 AM
this was a top 5 episode

had trouble breathing sometimes i was laughing so hard

Acapelli
09-23-2011, 08:32 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/qxqatu.gif

Lucky
09-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Dee's hair was the highlight for me. :lol:

Henry Gale
11-11-2011, 09:25 PM
People seem to be fairly divided on it, but I thought last night's episode was probably my favourite episode of the season. Maybe I just love the idea of starting off an episode with the gang already caught in a horrible situation and slowly trying to work their way out of it instead of watching an unfortunate mess slowly build and peak as its ending like most episodes do.

I also think forcing them to whisper their anger instead of yelling it like they usually would ended up making the whole thing that much funnier to me.

Sven
01-09-2012, 03:58 PM
I was hasty earlier: I queried rhetorically about Peep Show's role as "great or greatest" show ever, assuming an understanding that what I was inferring was that Peep Show is, probably, the greatest show.

No. This is. Hands down, officially my favorite television show. A show I love not in spite of but including its faults, most of which are meritorious on an ambitious or creative front. It builds like music, their hair-triggers signaling a rise to absurd crescendos with terrifically unpredictable focus and energy. Among the most inspiring things I've seen. I love Dennis's casual psychosis, Charlie's covert talents, Mac's enthusiasm, Dee's juggling of narcissism and self-effacement, and that Frank just doesn't give a fuck. Rumham! Rumham!!

Acapelli
01-09-2012, 06:58 PM
I was hasty earlier: I queried rhetorically about Peep Show's role as "great or greatest" show ever, assuming an understanding that what I was inferring was that Peep Show is, probably, the greatest show.

No. This is. Hands down, officially my favorite television show. A show I love not in spite of but including its faults, most of which are meritorious on an ambitious or creative front. It builds like music, their hair-triggers signaling a rise to absurd crescendos with terrifically unpredictable focus and energy. Among the most inspiring things I've seen. I love Dennis's casual psychosis, Charlie's covert talents, Mac's enthusiasm, Dee's juggling of narcissism and self-effacement, and that Frank just doesn't give a fuck. Rumham! Rumham!!
will you marry me?

we can read grant morrison comics and watch it's always sunny all day

Acapelli
09-26-2012, 02:20 PM
this is incredible

DRD195mPOFo

6wVdk_PCdgE

haley joel osment is actually a pretty good mac

Lucky
11-10-2012, 01:36 PM
This week's episode was brilliant. Like a warped episode of In Treatment. They're really playing to longtime fans this season and it's paying off in spades. Judging by next week's ep title, the trend seems to be continuing.

Sven
11-02-2013, 05:32 AM
Three episodes in to the new season; it's top tier. Quotability dialed to eleven.

Dukefrukem
01-21-2016, 03:38 PM
Holy shit at that sex scene last night.